Does anyone have one of these? I personally think it is awesome for just jamming along with songs at home. I would def not use it for a gig or with a band. One thing I've noticed is that it sounds a lot better when you have brand new strings on your guitar. Reason being obviously because the signal going to the pedal is louder and more clear so it process it better. I am your typical guitarist who doesn't replace strings very often so I've been thinking of ways to get the pedal to work better. Last night I thought of using a compression pedal in between the guitar and the Droptune to get a more balanced signal to it. Would this work?
Quote by anthsband
Does anyone have one of these? I personally think it is awesome for just jamming along with songs at home. I would def not use it for a gig or with a band. One thing I've noticed is that it sounds a lot better when you have brand new strings on your guitar. Reason being obviously because the signal going to the pedal is louder and more clear so it process it better. I am your typical guitarist who doesn't replace strings very often so I've been thinking of ways to get the pedal to work better. Last night I thought of using a compression pedal in between the guitar and the Droptune to get a more balanced signal to it. Would this work?

Won't help much. It has more to do with the initial triggering sensitivity of the pedal.

If you've got money to spend, better to buy an old Variax 500 (they do alternate tunings using internal pitch shifting without the sensitivity issues). It'll run maybe $350, give you a backup guitar, alternate tunings and all those guitar models to boot.