Poll: What would you rather be viewed as?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you rather be viewed as?
Asshole
66 84%
Incompetent
13 16%
Voters: 79.
Page 1 of 2
They seem to go hand and hand but I guess it is possible to not be skilled but still be a chill person.
Seeing as being viewed as incompetent doesn't equal being incompetent, I'd choose that. Don't really care if people think I'm not doing something well if I am in fact doing it well.

Although if they are so quick to judge that they'll immediately consider me incompetent, then I'm not sure if I really care what they think either way.
If those are the only choices I'd far rather be seen as that prick that's good at what he does than the nice screwup.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
incompetent

**** assholes
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Asshole, easily. Have no problem with being an asshole.

Incompetence is what costs money, time, and peace of mind. It is in some ways more asshole than asshole.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
incompetent

can't pretend to be something i'm not ya know???
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Xiaoxi
Asshole, easily. Have no problem with being an asshole.

Incompetence is what costs money, time, and peace of mind. It is in some ways more asshole than asshole.

asshole
Quote by primusfan
Would prefer to come off as an asshole.

asshole
Quote by Colohue
Asshole all the way. I work hard to make sure everybody has that opinion of me.

asshole
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
asshole
Quote by korinaflyingv
I think I come off as assholeish anyways so yea that. Incompetent people are the worst people and it just really shows how weak they are. Like you know an incompetent person right off the bat because of how shitty their handshake is.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Asshole.

In the workplace, you can usually get away with being an asshole. You cannot get away with being incompetent. It's worse from an objective standpoint.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 6, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You cannot get away with being incompetent.

You've clearly never worked in retail.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Now that I've actually worked a 'real' job for some time now, I've realized that incompetent people are everywhere, no matter what the job.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Being an asshole to your customers is being incompetent, so false dichotomy in that profession.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Indecisive.

Really, those are the two qualities I hate the most and choosing a preference would be like saying I'd rather have my left leg chopped off than my right. Either way I can't walk.
BTW I mean looking incompetent.

For example you say something and another person misunderstands. Do you go along and say "huh, I must have said something else by mistake" just to end the conflict/ get to the solution faster or do you fight that the other person is wrong and you are right, everything comes second to clarifying that you were in fact, correct.

That's just a light example, but you know what I mean... (I hope)
Well, thinking about my work life, if I had to choose one to work with I'd choose the incompetent one because I'd probably end up running the asshole's face through the bench saw. I can understand someone can be incompetent and it wouldn't really be their fault, but being an asshole is just an asshole thing to do and entirely avoidable.

So I'll go with incompetent.
Asshole. Being incompetent is pathetic. I'd rather be disliked but respected for what I do than liked but am absolutely awful.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
so many assholes in here, jesus christ
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by VillainousLatin

For example you say something and another person misunderstands. Do you go along and say "huh, I must have said something else by mistake" just to end the conflict/ get to the solution faster or do you fight that the other person is wrong and you are right, everything comes second to clarifying that you were in fact, correct.

I'd rather not be confrontational, but I will try and show the person the reasoning behind my position.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
incompetent 'cuz at least if i'm making anyone's day worse it was an accident and there's still a kindness in my heart and my attitude can at least help. like if someone messes something up for me and they seem honest about it being a mistake and are nice it's just a pleasant experience as opposed to lots of needless frustration on both sides. accepting moments of incompetence is much better for everyone, generally speaking.

pretty much anything is preferable to being an asshole. i don't find it hard to avoid both of these though usually.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
"the person you are meating" hehehe
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by VillainousLatin

If it starts turning into a childish conflict because the other person can't have an argument without having AN ARGUMENT then I will just back off and say something like "maybe you're right", but with a tone of voice like "I think you're a childish idiot and I'm not putting up with it."
In any skilled profession or trade some level of incompetence is unavoidable. Let's say you're a neurosurgeon. Every case you treat is a "first," which is why the field is so high stress, and the rewards are so great.

Surgeons, it turns out, also have a reputation for being assholes. You meet your surgeon, who is going to monkey around with your brain. First impression is he is a complete tool, BUT seems to know what the Hell he is doing...

Versus, "Uh, I think we're going to try and get the tumor out, and there is a 98% chance I will rupture an artery and you will die, but I hope not because JEEZ that would be bad! Oh, boy, I hope this surgery goes okay because I HATE having patients die on me. It's so sad."

I'll take the prick with a god complex any day.
Asshole, with a shit-crusted periphery.

Superior folks will know how to convince you (in their own mysterious ways) to act for the betterment of all. Inferior folks will view you as one, regardless of what you will do. Sociopaths will avoid you. It's like regular life, in all aspects, minus the sociopaths.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Considering people often point out that while I know my shit most of the times I'm an asshole, so I guess I've made my choice.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Burgery
because there are 2 kinds of people in this world, incompetent neurosurgeons and asshole neurosurgeons

This needs to be carved into an obelisk somewhere in a field before our current civilization grinds to a halt (for posterity).

Edit: Y'know what, asshole? I've just made the internet-equivalent right here. Now posterity will never forget this post, written by Burgery.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Mar 6, 2015,
Quote by korinaflyingv
Page 1 of 2