Guys, I need a new guitar strap for my Jackson. Because the orientation of the strap button on my Gibson is different to the Jackson, using the same strap causes it to twist at an awkward angle.

I cannot just turn the strap the other way to get rid of the twist, because the straplocks I use (Jim Dunlop) can only go on one way around. Getting a new strap for the Jackson is the only solution.

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to what I can use? I've looked at the Levys ones and the cheap ones look like shit and the ones that actually look good are stupidly overpriced.

I want something 2.5" wide, black leather, padded, suede liner. I'd like something hard-rock themed but nothing OTT. Something that would look good on any guitar, but doesn't look too gaudy or too generic. <£30.

Must be sold in the UK. Stuff sold in the US requires me paying a lot for shipping and customs, And I really want to avoid that.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 6, 2015,
Levey's is decent, but look at Perri's
http://perris.ca/store/contact-perris

or if you really want, send me what you want and my dad is a leathersmith and I can get him to make you what you want and send it as a gift so no VAT/tax
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 6, 2015,
Thanks for the suggestion, but I haven't found anything I like being sold on ebay for the UK under that brand.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've done some more research and found a brand called 'Hypnotic' which does some designs I really dig and they're all sensibly priced, so I think I'll go for one of those.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Thanks for the suggestion, but I haven't found anything I like being sold on ebay for the UK under that brand.

Look in your area for a Tack shop/bike leather shop go ask them, I'd bet they have scraps that would make a great strap and be very reasonable in price
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I didn't check every link, but it seems y'all might have missed that he didn't want to pay shipping/VAT etc. across the pond?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I've done some more research and found a brand called 'Hypnotic' which does some designs I really dig and they're all sensibly priced, so I think I'll go for one of those.

Guitarist in my band uses them, he says they're alright. Tell us what you think of them!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Arby911
I didn't check every link, but it seems y'all might have missed that he didn't want to pay shipping/VAT etc. across the pond?

That's certainly specific to the original poster, but since there are a lot people NOT in his position, it seems like a good place to dump a lot of information regarding straps. He'll get it sorted.
I caught that, but I don't know who sells where.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I think Dunlop makes this cool strap that you can buy. It's chep and holds up to like 250 pounds. Plus, if you can buy extra locks for all your guitars and then just change the strap with each guitar you have.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
I like those dangleberry grained/textured leather ones. They used to do them in black but they haven't had them in black for a while. I guess you could email them to ask if they'll get them in black again?

http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/Real-Leather-Guitar-Strap-Electric/dp/B00EKKL2FI?class=quickView&field_availability=-1&field_browse=1592993031&id=Real+Leather+Guitar+Strap+Electric&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=color_map%2Cbrandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=1592993031&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12 (Only the brown or tan textured ones. Also the price went up £3 since I last bought them )

Very nice and soft and pretty cheap considering how nice they are (only the "textured" ones are the really soft ones, FWIW, the other ones are more like regular straps).

They also sell them through amazon or ebay if you prefer.

Not sure if they're suede on the back, they're leather on the front though. and something a bit softer on the back which i'm guessing is suede-ish but

EDIT: don't think it's padded. So other than not having it in the colour you want and not being padded, it's a pretty good suggestion

They do a padded one too, I think in black, but I haven't tried it.

http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/Real-Leather-Guitar-Strap-Ultrasoft/dp/B00EKKLQD6?class=quickView&field_availability=-1&field_browse=1592993031&id=Real+Leather+Guitar+Strap+Ultrasoft&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=color_map%2Cbrandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=1592993031&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

yeah so not in black. But they did it in black at one point.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 7, 2015,
Quote by Dave_Mc
I like those dangleberry grained/textured leather ones. They used to do them in black but they haven't had them in black for a while. I guess you could email them to ask if they'll get them in black again?

http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/Real-Leather-Guitar-Strap-Electric/dp/B00EKKL2FI?class=quickView&field_availability=-1&field_browse=1592993031&id=Real+Leather+Guitar+Strap+Electric&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=color_map%2Cbrandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=1592993031&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12 (Only the brown or tan textured ones. Also the price went up £3 since I last bought them )

Very nice and soft and pretty cheap considering how nice they are (only the "textured" ones are the really soft ones, FWIW, the other ones are more like regular straps).

Oddly enough, those are the exact ones I bought.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
haha sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Might not be the cheapest straps, but I have a special kind of love for Couch straps. Might be 'cause they look cool, or the fact that they several of the models are made from recycled car vinyl.

Also, the fact that they are cruelty-free can probably get you some points with all the hipsters

https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/guitar-straps.html
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Last edited by Fishybones at Mar 8, 2015,
^ from the sounds of it you have to read 50 shades of grey to fully appreciate them
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Fishybones
Might not be the cheapest straps, but I have a special kind of love for Couch straps. Might be 'cause they look cool, or the fact that they several of the models are made from recycled car vinyl.

Also, the fact that they are cruelty-free can probably get you some points with all the hipsters

https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/guitar-straps.html

I was going to suggest Couch but they are in the US. But I agree, very cool and comfortable straps. Got turned onto them by Bill Kelliher, got a Racer X one for my Iceman and never looked back.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Look at DSL leather straps. They seem to be really well made from nice soft aussie cow peelings, I have a couple of the basic (single layer) ones and unless I had a massively heavy guitar I cant see a need for wider or thicker.

There was a few places in UK that had them when I bought mine, not sure about now though
Last edited by sic6505+ at Mar 13, 2015,