So i'm in the UK and i'm fancying a vintagey feeling/sounding Strat.I don't have the funds for an American Vintage.I have enough for a used Am Std if i wanted one but i've been looking at the Mexi Classic Players,In particular the 60's one in Sonic Blue.
Anyone on here own one or played one?
How nice are these?They have CS pickups in iirc.
Do they sound good?You don't really get an acurate portrayal of the sound over YouTube.
Does anyone here recommend these guitars?
Last edited by EyeballPaul at Mar 7, 2015,
What is your budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Do you want a Fender Strat, or will a Stratclone of comparable quality and tone satisfy you?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Classic Players series are good guitars overall. guess the one thing i'll ask is what kind of tone are you looking for? quality wise they tend to be a littel better than a regular MIM strat however you can certainly find a nice MIM and put better pickups in which may cost you a little less.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Do you want a Fender Strat, or will a Stratclone of comparable quality and tone satisfy you?

I know a Strat-clone of comparable or better quality should satisfy me....But it probably won't.lol.
Call me daft but I just love Fenders.To me they represent alot of musical history and musicians i love and they make me want to pick them up and play them.Specially that old yellow laquer look(even if it's not real laquer) on the headstock.
Last edited by EyeballPaul at Mar 7, 2015,
Fair enough! In that case, I'll echo monwobobbo. There's nothing wrong with finding one of the nicer MiM Fenders and tricking it out. I'd probably opt for Lace pickups in that case.

Quote by monwobobbo
Classic Players series are good guitars overall. guess the one thing i'll ask is what kind of tone are you looking for? quality wise they tend to be a littel better than a regular MIM strat however you can certainly find a nice MIM and put better pickups in which may cost you a little less.

Hmm.Kinda after a 60's type of tone.Nice cleans like Hendrix or Buddy Guy.I rarely use OD,Sometimes just abit of Bad Monkey for a little growl.
Quote by EyeballPaul
Hmm.Kinda after a 60's type of tone.Nice cleans like Hendrix or Buddy Guy.I rarely use OD,Sometimes just abit of Bad Monkey for a little growl.

Hendrix cleans? . just kidding jimi used clean tones on many songs and even live he used a sorta clean tone. love buddy guy. i think that that type of tone has more to do with the amp than the guitar though. the classic 60s as i recall is based more or less on a 62 strat so it should give you what you want no problem.
Quote by monwobobbo
Hendrix cleans? . just kidding jimi used clean tones on many songs and even live he used a sorta clean tone. love buddy guy. i think that that type of tone has more to do with the amp than the guitar though. the classic 60s as i recall is based more or less on a 62 strat so it should give you what you want no problem.

Ha yeah.I like stuff like Little Wing from Jimi and even some of his slower stuff that was'nt exactly clean sounds nice played clean.I'm learning Jazz atm too and i like to mix it into my blues but i wanna do it with that vintage Fender clean tone.Thinking about getting a Blues jnr too for the sound i want.May go with the Classic Player 60's and then when i get the doe get an American Vintage.
Quote by EyeballPaul
Ha yeah.I like stuff like Little Wing from Jimi and even some of his slower stuff that was'nt exactly clean sounds nice played clean.I'm learning Jazz atm too and i like to mix it into my blues but i wanna do it with that vintage Fender clean tone.Thinking about getting a Blues jnr too for the sound i want.May go with the Classic Player 60's and then when i get the doe get an American Vintage.

guessing that once you get the Classic Player that you may not have as much of an urge to get the american version. they are good solid guitars and honestly the US version really doesn't offer anything different spec wise (until you get to the custom shop stuff). at some point you may want better pickups but that's about all it will ever need.

not a fan of the blues jr but if you like it then go for it.