1. Set tempo and number of bars
2. Play drums for 16 bars with output to drum amp
3. Stop playing drums
4. Drums starts looping automatically continuously for 16 bars
5. Play bass for 16 bars with output to bass amp
6. Stop playing bass
7. Bass starts looping automatically along with drums
8. etc.

So basically, I want multiple outputs to multiple different amps, and just to be able to play each instrument one by one and have the recording repeat, and layer instruments on top one by one. What loop pedal or software combination do I need to do this, with multiple outputs to different amps?

I had posted this thread before, but I think I'm gonna drop the idea of automatically starting recording. I don't mind manually starting each instrument recording, but as long as the pedal/software is cutting off the recording after 16 bars exactly, and so the music is perfectly in sync for the instruments and doesn't go out of sync like 64 bars later if I'm 1/16 of a beat off for an instrument or something, which is a problem I have when using multiple single loop pedals and trying to sync all of them up. I need a device that syncs them up for me.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32738413#post32738413
Good luck finding that. The looper should just go into a PA so that drums and bass are handled by a full range amp. AFAIK loopers don't output tracks to different outputs.
IS this for gigging or home practice?

Either way, maybe you'll be better off setting yourself up with some home recording equipment so you can create backing tracks rather than trying to use a looper?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Pretty sure ableton does nearly everything you're looking for apart from maybe starting loops on it's own. Though you'd need some kinda controller to use this live, oh and an interface.

Hardware wise maybe something like the RC-50 is what you're after, which has a midi connector to you can bpm sync it. Also digitech loopers have "jam sync" which might help you achieve what you want with multiple pedals, maybe other manufacturers have their own equivalents?

If those aren't doing what you're after you'll probably have to explore into sampler/sequencer territory (this would be the best route for performance if you're not entirely set on playing actual drums or bass into a looper) an MPC or an Electribe might be what you're after.

By far the easiest solution would be a drum machine and some kind of synth synced with midi, but I'm not sure that's really what you want.

In terms of getting loops in time, I think most loopers with a bpm function can also quantize the end of the loop to match, but I might be wrong.
Quote by doubtfulsalmon
Also digitech loopers have "jam sync" which might help you achieve what you want with multiple pedals, maybe other manufacturers have their own equivalents?
Yeah, the jam sync is the only way I could see getting a different output for each loop.
Digitech trio will allow you to have bog standard drumming, teach it the chords and it will create a bass line for you, then aby pedal your guitar to different amp. Just a suggestion. lol.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by crackerjack123
Digitech trio will allow you to have bog standard drumming, teach it the chords and it will create a bass line for you, then aby pedal your guitar to different amp. Just a suggestion. lol.
That looks really cool.