I'm getting ready to purchase a used guitar online and have it narrowed down to two guitars that are both from private owners. I've never bought a guitar online before and am wondering which one would be the better choice based on the owners usage.
They're both the same guitar and in great condition according to the pictures but of course I haven't seen either one of them in person.

The difference is that the owner of Guitar 1 purchased it a few years back and claims to have only played it a couple days. He's had it stored in the case ever since because he didn't like the weight (it's a heavy LP style) and he doesn't like the sound of the active pickups in it. It does look untouched in the pictures and he claims it doesn't even have pick scratches.

The owner of Guitar 2 is a professional musician and raves about how well he takes care of all of his gear. He has only used this guitar for studio use and has used it consistently for a few years. He is the second owner and claims to change strings frequently, as well as oil the fretboard once a year. There are pick scratches which he took close up pictures for me to see but otherwise it's also in great condition. He also uses the same strings and tuning that I'll use.

The price is nearly the same for the two and I'm just wondering which one I should go with based on what I know. Would it be better to go with the one that's untouched and has been sitting in the bag for the last couple years, essentially getting a 'new' guitar?
Or better to go with the one that has seen consistent use and maintenance?
What do you guys think?
what exactly are the guitars? (brand/model)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The "nearly new" will probably still need a setup where the "pro" axe is probably ready to go. What is more important to you? Personally I like a little patina from a guitar that has been well used and cared for. If it has been banged around or neglected it is less interesting to me. 5 of the 7 guitars I own were bought used PP.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
^ Going with Cajundaddy on this one. The pro guitar has been used for studio use, so it should be set up and ready to go. A guitar with some mojo equates to cool factor.

FWIW, string changes are of little consequence to me. I'd be more concerned about the fret and neck condition and the set up of the guitar.
I'm not really worried about the setup of the guitar since I will have a professional thorough setup done on it regardless of which one. I'm also not concerned with the pick scratches as it's really hard to see them and he was only able to capture them in a picture at a very distinct angle.

I think I'm really just curious if it makes a difference in a guitar that has sat there in the bag for a couple years, versus one that has been played and maintained regularly.
Oh and if it does make any difference, the one that has sat there in the bag for a couple years is located in a southern very humid part of the country, where the other one is located in northern Canada.
I wouldn't buy one from strangers online unless they lived close and I could go check them out for myself.
Quote by banthony79
I'm not really worried about the setup of the guitar since I will have a professional thorough setup done on it regardless of which one. I'm also not concerned with the pick scratches as it's really hard to see them and he was only able to capture them in a picture at a very distinct angle.

I think I'm really just curious if it makes a difference in a guitar that has sat there in the bag for a couple years, versus one that has been played and maintained regularly.

As long as the guitar was stored in good environmental conditions, it should be fine. If you decide to go for the new one, just make sure to do the normal inspection - frets, neck for warping, electronics, strap mounts for secureness, tuners. Take a tuner with you, so you can get a rough idea of intonation - of course, if the strings are really old, it may not be close.