"Why a new one?" The other one has been inactive for 5 years now.

"Why don't you start one?" I don't know how, can you just start one like a normal thread without any permissions? Besides I've never heard melodeath in my life, I want to start which is why this thread will be useful.
thread is dead because melodeath is a bit of a joke?

I mean this could be a "new" one if the bumping the old won't suffice, no real issue with making a new one.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Morphogenesis26
It shouldn't be bumped because those last 3 posts are too good to be buried under shittier posts.

I'm a-ok with making a new thread. The old thread did end up being pretty stagnate.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

meh if the kid wants to hear it he should just look through the thread, i really cant think of anything decent coming from the genre the last decade or so lol or half decade who knows
Most of the best bands (melodic death and melodeath) can be summed up in this post from the other thread:

Quote by Nosferatu Zodd

REDACTED

* = classical music influence

In order of awesomeness

*Buried Dreams

Vehemence

At the Gates

*Underthreat

Eucharist

*Inferi

*As Eden Burns

Lothlorien

*Utopia Banished

*Behind The Scenery

Casketgarden

Intestine Baalism -well, great goddamn riffs and leads, closer to a real melodic DEATH band than any of the ****ers listed here

Holymarsh

Persefone from Andorra - a better version of Opeth

Dark Lunacy - First two albums

Also:
Sins of Omission
Garden of Shadows
Fatal Embrace(SWE)
Skydancer
Neoplasmah
Dawn of Tears
Anata - The Infernal Depths of Hatred
Aurora
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Jun 1, 2016,
Quote by Kytokinesis
Most of the best bands can be summed up in this post from the other thread:

This album needs way more attention. I'm really hit and miss with everything else Anata has done, but with tracks like Slain Upon His Altar, Under Azure Skies, and Those Who Lick The Wounds Of Christ it is an amazing album. Reminds me to get back to tabbing Slain Upon His Altar, though. >.>
Guys please stop recommending bands here. I appreciate the help but I have some specific needs that knock out most of the melodic death metal bands out there.

Besides I don't want this to turn into a metal recommendation thread. There already is one for that.

Can someone just start a new thread already?
Quote by Morphogenesis26
It shouldn't be bumped because those last 3 posts are too good to be buried under shittier posts.

Hue

Huehuehuehuehuehue
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by josonmj

I'll step in here. Be the man that everyone wants. It's what I do best.
Quote by josonmj
Guys please stop recommending bands here. I appreciate the help but I have some specific needs that knock out most of the melodic death metal bands out there.

Besides I don't want this to turn into a metal recommendation thread. There already is one for that.

Are you wanting recommendations? If so then you can explain them in the rec thread at the top of this forum which, iirc, you've done before.

Are you wanting to simply discuss melodic death metal? You can either bump that thread for discussion or make a new one which you can do by going to the top left of the forum and selecting "new thread" and I think you know what to do from there.
Okay yeah I wanted to see others discuss melodic death metal and pick up bands from there but in the official melodic death metal. The official rec thread helped me out with the power metal part.

Believe it or not, I know how to start a new thread (like this one) I was wondering if you needed to take any permissions from the old TS.
Yeah, I already sent the work T-8 through to his secretary. Thread's already been made, hombre, have at it.
Did you put a cover sheet on your TPS report?

There was a memo about that, did you get the memo?

I'll get you the memo
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Yeah, I got the memo and I understand the policy, it's just I forgot the one time and I've already taken care of it so it's not really a problem anymore.
Somewhere out there, ron666 is looking for his treasured stapler
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by Kytokinesis
Most of the best bands can be summed up in this post from the other thread:

Also:
Sins of Omission
Garden of Shadows
Fatal Embrace(SWE)
Skydancer
Neoplasmah
Dawn of Tears
Aurora

good god reading my old writing makes me wanna go back in time and kick myself in the face M Bison style.

however yeah all those bands are still really solid today haha. Yeah Sins of Omission had some awesome moments, namely: The Grind, To the Grind, Serpetine Route, The Rape.. of Innocence, I like the power metal vocals in The Experiment was it? lol

Never heard Skydancer and Neoplasmah lol might check them out

Aurora from Denmark right? They're a funky brand of melodeath but their drummer is freaking amazing and I enjoy most of their work... [enough to buy the CDs]

I remember when I bought Fatal Embrace's CD it arrived in the mail the day before christmas, like the first CD I ever bought online the timing was pretty nice

BTW mono Slain Upon His Altar is already tabbed haha. that song is pretty awesome.

Garden of Shadows is pretty riffy, I definitely appreciate all the melodeath and MDM bands that are less lead focused and more riff centric, specially when said riffs possess more intricacies in rhythm, note choice and structure..

ya know what I would do with a million dollars?
TWO CHICKS

Slain Upon His Altar wasn't in any of the most common tab sites surprisingly so here. Great tab too.

Also I want to edit that post that was quoted of me, it's so terribly embarrassing reading crap I wrote when I was a kid lol

My soul is bleeding having to read what I wrote and editing it to not be so horribly embarrassing
Attachments:
Anata - Slain Upon His Altar v1.gp4
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Mar 10, 2015,
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
Slain Upon His Altar wasn't in any of the most common tab sites surprisingly so here. Great tab too.

Also I want to edit that post that was quoted of me, it's so terribly embarrassing reading crap I wrote when I was a kid lol

My soul is bleeding having to read what I wrote and editing it to not be so horribly embarrassing

Wow...apparently I'm so bad at transcribing that I wrote my tab half a step lower. Time to hang up the old geetar me thinks.

Tab looks amazing though, thanks you lovely man you
haha I've always collected rare tabs and hahaha that's okay its weird how sometimes I get the right frets even though im in a completely different tuning.. anyway I compiled a small list of recs for what to me is the definitive line up of this genre
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Mar 10, 2015,
Post it here or in the new thread, I'm curious about any gems I may have missed when I was big into melodeath/melodic death metal. Also hoping the new Vehemence album will come out good. :3
Quote by progbass
Did you put a cover sheet on your TPS report?

There was a memo about that, did you get the memo?

I'll get you the memo

If you could go ahead and do that from now on, that'd be great.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
new Vehemence album what??? I haven't heard of that somehow, despite that they're local lol. I wouldn't keep my hopes up.. they had some new songs that were kinda weak.. but I guess their very last one wasn't too bad, fingers crossed. I still love most of the bands on the list haha. I'll post it.. here I guess.. later.. when I find it lol kinda organized them to clusters too of stylistic similarities
They're recording it and it should be out this year. I'm excited but very cautious because Dannov and Chavez aren't in the band anymore and the last new song I heard seemed like a really average tech death song, so I'm not expecting a miracle and them recreate God Was Created...butthatwouldbesonice