Wondered if anyone here could give me a couple of pointers....
I've changed pickups on my stats and Tele's on many occasions in the past without issues. But i've recently bought a Fender Jaguar Blacktop and would dearly love to fit a spare set of '57 classics that i have.

In the Jag, the wire from the pickups splits into two wires...one connects to the switch, the other to the pot. As the classics only have a single wire, would anyone know if i could connect them up to the current wiring, or is it a complete re-wire job. Never dabbled with hum buckers, so apologies if its simple and i just can't see it

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Fender USA Strat
Fender Showmaster
G & L Asat Special
G & L Ascari GTS
Fender CD-60
Fender Gemini 2
Walden 550 Natural
Marshall DSL 40 Valve Amp
Line 6 Spider 3
Quote by iFender69
Wondered if anyone here could give me a couple of pointers....
I've changed pickups on my stats and Tele's on many occasions in the past without issues. But i've recently bought a Fender Jaguar Blacktop and would dearly love to fit a spare set of '57 classics that i have.

In the Jag, the wire from the pickups splits into two wires...one connects to the switch, the other to the pot. As the classics only have a single wire, would anyone know if i could connect them up to the current wiring, or is it a complete re-wire job. Never dabbled with hum buckers, so apologies if its simple and i just can't see it

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The metal shielding on the wire coming from the 57' classics IS the ground wire(the wire that connects to the back of the pot) Therefore, you could unravel part of the shielding and solder it to the back of the pot, and the wire inside then gets soldered to the switch.

Good luck!
Quote by guitar42697
The metal shielding on the wire coming from the 57' classics IS the ground wire(the wire that connects to the back of the pot) Therefore, you could unravel part of the shielding and solder it to the back of the pot, and the wire inside then gets soldered to the switch.

Good luck!

Thats great info....thank you ! I'll give that a go
Fender USA Strat
Fender Showmaster
G & L Asat Special
G & L Ascari GTS
Fender CD-60
Fender Gemini 2
Walden 550 Natural
Marshall DSL 40 Valve Amp
Line 6 Spider 3