Poll: What kind of person are you?
Poll Options
View poll results: What kind of person are you?
Positive outlook on life
21 36%
Less positive outlook
37 64%
Voters: 58.
Page 1 of 2
or your head down low?

Are you the kind of person who goes into each having high hopes for everything and winding up being disappointed, or do you go into life with tempered expectations and gets pleasantly surprised at the positive things coming their way?

I was the former but I am now trying to be the latter.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
depends on the time of day

although yeah id say i'm a pretty cynical **** generally
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Mar 8, 2015,
I tend to be what some might call negative. I think of it more as realist.
Some have friends....

... others have guitars....

Hey, it's uhh... 4:20....

Thought you'd like to know is all.

I am not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you horny.
I go in without any hopes or expectations yet still end up disappointed.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I have high expectations, but that doesn't mean I'm optimistic.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by I.O.T.M

sometimes this as well
Quote by I.O.T.M

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Aim high and you might be disappointed but results will probably still be high.

Aim low/medium and you will be disappointed and the results will be even lower.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I am only excited for Hotline Miami 2 atm but I have a healthy level of cautions optimism going on right now.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by Xiaoxi
Aim high and you might be disappointed but results will probably still be high.

Aim low/medium and you will be disappointed and the results will be even lower.

Plan for failure and you will achieve success

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Plan for failure and you will achieve success

Outside of investing I don't see how this makes sense or is logistically possible.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Outside of investing I don't see how this makes sense or is logistically possible.

Well if you plan for shit going wrong like oh it'll probably rain I'll bring an umbrella oh god the bus is probably gonna be delayed ill leave 10 minutes early oh god 20 copies of this thing won't be enough most likely I'll make 25 and you'll probably have a better time

^
I always thought itmeant like if you doss about and don't try, you will achieve failure. "plan for failure" the plan is nothing. "And achieve success" the success being failure

im a very pessimistic person
Last edited by Bladez22 at Mar 8, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Well if you plan for shit going wrong like oh it'll probably rain I'll bring an umbrella oh god the bus is probably gonna be delayed ill leave 10 minutes early oh god 20 copies of this thing won't be enough most likely I'll make 25 and you'll probably have a better time

I suppose, but those are minor things.

For bigger picture stuff, planning for failure may save you from failure, but it probably will not achieve the success you'd like to have.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i am an entirely negative person with a whole lot of confidence

where do i put myself in the poll
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
i am an entirely negative person with a whole lot of confidence

where do i put myself in the poll

Do you simultaneously have an over inflated opinion of yourself and also think you are completely useless and insecure and bound to fail because if so then same

i'm a realist i guess.

kind of pessimistic, but i just try to get on with life.

life is shit, but i try to enjoy it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Do you simultaneously have an over inflated opinion of yourself and also think you are completely useless and insecure and bound to fail because if so then same

for sure.
well, personally, I like my beats real fast and my bass down low
My God, it's full of stars!
Well, unless I know what to expect, I wouldn't say I look forward to the future with any positive expectations, but that doesn't mean they're negative. I'm the kind to say let whatever happens down the road happen.

Granted, some days I do feel pretty hopeless.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Actually this just occurred to me...

A few friends wanted to try this greek place on Friday. I HATE greek food, so I was not looking forward to it at all. Meanwhiles they were pretty excited because of all the great reviews.

Well, by the end of dinner I actually thought the food was pretty good, most of it was not traditional greek at all. They on the other hand were very disappointed lol

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Actually this just occurred to me...

A few friends wanted to try this greek place on Friday. I HATE greek food, so I was not looking forward to it at all. Meanwhiles they were pretty excited because of all the great reviews.

Well, by the end of dinner I actually thought the food was pretty good, most of it was not traditional greek at all. They on the other hand were very disappointed lol

maybe you're just a greek food PLEB and wouldn't know good hellenistic MOUTHFEEL if it came up and bopped you on your YIFFemenos nose
No thanks, easty...

Gettin plenty of good mouthfeel from your mom

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm an optimist by nature but these days I'm a moody git and I'm more inclined towards pessimism. Where football is concerned, however, I'm always unfailingly optimistic.
I have nothing important to say
I'm usually fairly ok with things going either way. I don't ever really get disappointed much, but I also rarely get excited.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I thought I knew but I'm not sure. I am an optimist/realist when it comes to the crunch. I've had some crappy stuff happen but I've always been more interested in possibilities (in general life too), and I tend to dwell less on negative possibilities when life is hard. I do imagine all kinds of terrible things that might happen but in general I avoid that kind of thinking. Unless it IS a real possibility, hence 'realist'... ah, I dunno.
I'm a pessimist. I'm usually right. I'm sure some of that is self-fulfilling prophecy.
#DTWD
Always try to stay positive, even in hard times. I had about $5 to my name a month ago, eating beans and rice and poor for the last 3 years. It never got me down really, I have lots of free time to do what i want. I always seem to get almost free money somehow when I most need it, like i was broke to the point of nothing, and godaddy emails me saying I had an offer for an old domain for $1000....yeah, boom, done, right to my paypal. I also got 325 that week for tempoe.com, weird thing is I only have 4 domains, none listed and 2 sell in 1 week when i really need money.

All the stress in the world could never forsee that, so why worry.
Page 1 of 2