Page 1 of 3
"I'd like to remake the movie Kazaam with Shaquille O'Neal where he plays a genie, and I'd like to get it right."

What are some movies or TV shows you were really excited for, but you just felt like it could have been better if done differently?

For me:

The most recent Godzilla. All the previews had Bryan Cranston and Godzilla all over. The movie had about 10 minutes of each. Needed way more Godzilla fights.

The Office (US). First 3 seasons were great. Then every character became a caricature of themselves.

Gone Girl. *spoilers* Entertaining movie, but instead of the female character becoming a psychotic bitch, I would have liked it if they stopped her craziness right after they reveal she's trying to frame the guy, that way the viewer can have more of a dilemma on whose side to be on.

Interstellar. Cool premise. I'm not sure how to make it better, but the second Anne Hathaway starts talking about love overcoming black holes and shit, the movie takes a hard left into f*cking stupid. Just redo the entire second half.
The Last Airbender. Words escape me.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You mother****er. How dare you almost spoil Gone Girl for me. Learn to use bloody spoiler tags.

Honestly, being exposed to so many spoilers recently. I need to quit internet.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
trailer park boys movies

more worthwhile philosophy in there than altas shrugged

nhuu
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by The Madcap
Interstellar. Cool premise. I'm not sure how to make it better, but the second Anne Hathaway starts talking about love overcoming black holes and shit, the movie takes a hard left into f*cking stupid. Just redo the entire second half.

Yeah, this. I loved Interstellar but there were some really stupid bits that the film could have done without.

Quote by Xiaoxi
The Last Airbender. Words escape me.

They made an A:TLA move?

sssshhhhhhhhh
Quote by The Madcap

Naw mate naw
My God, it's full of stars!
Koyaanisqatsi should have been narrated by Sweet Dee's "Martina Martinez" character from Always Sunny. That is all.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
The Hobbit. They were all way too long and had too much stupid shit thrown in.
Legoals? **** off.
Some elf bitch who loves a dwarf? **** off.
Stephen Fry and his ugly mininion? Were they supposed to be funny?
A fat goblin with a tumour on his face who sings songs and has an un-goblinlike accent?
Bard should just kill Smaug with his bow an arrow in nice normal fashion, not some stupid over the top way.

I could go on but I won't.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Mar 8, 2015,
Quote by Dreadnought
Atlas Shrugged

GET AT ME

As someone who enjoyed the book, the movie actually was pretty shit.

Instead of placing the setting in the 50's, they made up some BS where airplanes suck in the future and everyone uses trains. At least the railroad industry was actually somewhat relevant when the book was written.

Then they put Fox News all over it, nice.

Then the ****ing train they worked so hard to make, practically the symbol of ultimate human achievement, was shitty CGI.

OT: -Didn't care for the recent Ender's Game movie
-War of the Worlds (plot-wise, there's no climax)
Quote by Jon777

They made an A:TLA move?

sssshhhhhhhhh

No they didn't. Such thing does not exist. Especially if they were to mispronounce the name of the lead character.
The Giver
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
The Walking Dead
American Sniper
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Nero Galon
You mother****er. How dare you almost spoil Gone Girl for me. Learn to use bloody spoiler tags.

Honestly, being exposed to so many spoilers recently. I need to quit internet.

It's the best Fincher film too, even Fight Club
Quote by JackSaints
The Hobbit. They were all way too long and had too much stupid shit thrown in.
Legoals? **** off.
Some elf bitch who loves a dwarf? **** off.
Stephen Fry and his ugly mininion? Were they supposed to be funny?
A fat goblin with a tumour on his face who sings songs and has an un-goblinlike accent?
Bard should just kill Smaug with his bow an arrow in nice normal fashion, not some stupid over the top way.

I could go on but I won't.

This.

Legolas running up rocks falling in mid-air, Legolas being older and way more serious than in the Lord of the Rings, hell, Legolas wasn't even in the book at all! The stupid fight between Thorin and that orc. That stupid barrel fight. The pathetic attempts at humor like the troll breaching the wall and knocking himself out. Honestly, I think the whole thing would have been a lot better if they'd just made it into two movies instead of three.

Ok, I'll stop now. I just expected them to be great since LOTR was so amazing.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
This.

Legolas running up rocks falling in mid-air, Legolas being older and way more serious than in the Lord of the Rings, hell, Legolas wasn't even in the book at all! The stupid fight between Thorin and that orc. That stupid barrel fight. The pathetic attempts at humor like the troll breaching the wall and knocking himself out. Honestly, I think the whole thing would have been a lot better if they'd just made it into two movies instead of three.

Ok, I'll stop now. I just expected them to be great since LOTR was so amazing.

Yes because LOTR did not feature over the top and stupid scenes.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Smallville. What a pile of poo.

I'm not sure how you can make a Superman storyline good cos he's an absolute shithouse superhero. But The Flash and Gotham have shown how bad Smallville really was (and they're only 'middling-to-good' shows so far).

Daredevil is an obvious one that comes to my mind. Hitman was also meh, have a little hope for the new Agent 47 movie if they actually put in stealth and not just dumb action.
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Mar 9, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Yes because LOTR did not feature over the top and stupid scenes.

They were slightly less stupid, if only a little. The Hobbit verged on little kid attempts at humour at times.
I have nothing important to say
Seasons 4, 5 and 6 of Lost kind of fell off the tracks a bit, and season 9 of Scrubs.

On the topic of the Hobbit films,
Smaug should have been killed at the end of film 2, with the cliffhanger being the armies approaching Eribor for a huge climactic battle. Killing him in the first 5 minutes of film 3 made him seem like just a minor inconvenience rather than the villain he was built up to be in film 2, which I think was a total waste of the character and actor.
The Three Stooges movie, shouldn't have had a PG rating, PG-13 minimum. It seemed geared towards children whereas I think the greater fan base for the film is in their mid twenties/early thirties. I didn't expect much going into it and I was STILL disappointed.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by derek8520
Seasons 4, 5 and 6 of Lost kind of fell off the tracks a bit

Because the writers had no idea what they were doing:
A Writer From ‘Lost’ Allegedly Admitted To What We Suspected All Along
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by JackSaints
They were slightly less stupid, if only a little. The Hobbit verged on little kid attempts at humour at times.

I wonder why, it's not like the hobbit is a more lighthearted and childish book.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Skullivan

-War of the Worlds (plot-wise, there's no climax)

Talking about the film or the book? Because much as I loved the book, there was no real climax in that. Not seen the film.
Nightmare on Elm Street. The premise is great, but I dislike every single one of them, except for New Nightmare.

Quote by JackSaints

The Hobbit was a children's story, so...
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by RAB11
Talking about the film or the book? Because much as I loved the book, there was no real climax in that. Not seen the film.

Film was just: aliens come, look invincible, suddenly they stop kicking ass, and we get some stupid explanation why. Basically humans are useless but get lucky.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Hitman was also meh, have a little hope for the new Agent 47 movie if they actually put in stealth and not just dumb action.

They destroyed his character entirely in the hitman movie. I was really disappointed, and the fact he's human in the movie takes away from what he's really supposed to be

Dexter started off slow and by season 4 became television gold, kept an ok flow on seasons 5-6, and killed itself on 7-8. One of the biggest television disappointments ever. ;_;
ayy lmao
Quote by icanhasgodmode
Because the writers had no idea what they were doing:
A Writer From ‘Lost’ Allegedly Admitted To What We Suspected All Along

I'm calling bullshit on that. 90% percent of the weird stuff was explained eventually (animal testing, electromagnetism, ghosts*, etc) and there are plenty of references to later seasons in season 1. I have no doubt the writers had a plan, I just don't think it was the best plan.

*It's a fantasy show, not a documentary so I don't mind vague explanations.
Lost should have had a story planned out.

Game of Thrones should stop changing shit and stick to the book.

Heroes should have just been better.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
heroes should have let Sylar stay dead at the end of the first season. They went into the ridiculous to keep him alive everytime.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by chookiecookie
Dexter started off slow and by season 4 became television gold, kept an ok flow on seasons 5-6, and killed itself on 7-8. One of the biggest television disappointments ever. ;_;

Actually I disgree a bit. I thought it started off pretty strong and dipped down majorly in season 3 before regaining quite a bit of goodness in season 4. Everything after that I just couldn't even
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Lost should have had a story planned out.

Game of Thrones should stop changing shit and stick to the book.

Heroes should have just been better.

I think they're changing some stuff for time constraints then they have to deal with how those changes affect the story.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Game of Thrones is better for the changes
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Supernatural could have been more but still, the low-budget has kinda added to its cult vibe and hilarity.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Game of Thrones is better for the changes

i see you are well practiced at baiting nerds
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i see you are well practiced at baiting nerds

I'm also deadly serious
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 3