I keep my Floyd Rose-equipped Hellraiser in D Standard tuning. Pretty much all of my original music is in D Standard. I recently purchased a hardtail C-1 Classic for use with a cover band I joined, because I can keep it in E Standard, and easily go to Drop D, which covers the majority of the songs we play.

Now, we're expanding the setlist, and there's some Half-Step down stuff coming in, at least one half-step down Drop D (Drop C#) song, and some Drop C, as well. I can't afford a third guitar any time soon, and I really need to keep my Hellraiser in D Standard for my original music. So, I can use it for the half step stuff easily, with a capo at the first fret, but for the Drop C and Drop C# stuff, it seems I'm going to have to be able to Drop D the Hellraiser.

So to the point, I'm thinking about getting a Tremol-No for it. Seems like a great little device, which would allow me to do exactly what I need. Thing is, I probably don't need to be able to go between locked and floating at a moment's notice. My plan would be, with the cover band, I'd lock it up, so I can go between D Standard and Drop C easily, but between those gigs, I'd let it float so I can use the whammy in D Standard like I always do. I don't need to be able to use the whammy at all with the cover band.

So, even with that in mind, it still seems like the Tremol-No would be perfect. EXCEPT that, according to the premier guitar review linked to on the Tremol-No site, the thumb screws stick out and can get caught on your clothes, and I would like to keep the back cover in place, since I won't be adjusting things during shows, just between them, when I'm not in a hurry. So, question is, do the thumb screws stick out so much that I won't be able to put the cover back on after installing the thing? If that's the case, do you guys think I might be better off leaving the Floyd alone, and just blocking it with a couple wood chunks or something for the cover shows when I need the drop tuning ability?

TLDR: Do the tremol-no thumb screws stick out far enough that I won't be able to put the cover back on? Because I'd like to keep it on, and I won't need to access the thumb screws during shows, only between them.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
I think whether or not the thumb screw sticks out depends on the construction of the guitar. My buddy had an Agile Interceptor he installed a Tremol-no on and he had no issues, and i don't recall it sticking out. Wound up selling it though and getting the same guitar but hardtail to avoid the whole hassle though.

What you could do if you are dedicated to it is cut a slot in the trem back plate with a dremel or router where the thumb screw will lie so there's at least that much more of a buffer if it is sticking out at all.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Hmm. Interesting. I'll keep that in mind. Still sounds like it might be the best option. Plus, it just seems really cool, and I'm interested in the device.

Anybody else? Anybody currently have one? And can tell me if you're able to put your back panel back on, with the Tremol-No installed?
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
I have one. It works perfectly and you WILL be able to put your backplate on. The screws do not stick above the cavity.

I keep my back plate off and I have never had a piece of my clothing get stuck on it.

Also, it takes only about 10 minutes to install.

I have nothing negative to say about it.