Evening all,

I have an old Eko 6 string (Made in Recanti Italy) that my cat lovingly knocked over.

The neck has split from the top of the head to the heel. I picked the guitar up for a song and don't really want to spend a fortune taking it to a luthier. I live in Bermuda so that would likely require a trip to the US, so the cost for a repair is getting exponentially more expensive.

I'm considering doing the repair myself. It's had a hard life and was in far less than new condition when I got it. I'm looking for some tips and advice. My option B is to buy a new neck online and replace it.

I'm going to try to get some photos up soon.
Ouch.

You're most likely not going to get a replacement neck for that thing.

Your only real option is to repair what's left of the neck, but fixing a break that severe would be one hell of an undertaking. Simply gluing it back together might not work. You may have to re-level the neck before re-installing the fretboard, and also find any stray fibres of wood inside the break that may stop the pieces of wood from gluing together properly, which may require opening the crack even more, causing the neck to disintegrate even further. You also need to repair all the damage caused to the finish where the break occurred and where the fretboard seperated, which is a whole other can of worms.

It could be repaired, but honestly unless you have all the tools and know-how to properly repair damage that extensive, I'd consider it a lost cause. And especially for what looks like a plywood guitar. Sorry dude.

RIP.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 9, 2015,
That's kind of what I was afraid of hearing, but suspected may be the case. It's a shame as it played well, and had some neat features, like an adjustable saddle.

I'll look around and see if there is a luthier here who can get me a quote, but I inoynnnow of a few guitar techs who can do set ups and some repairs. Don't know if they'd be able to do this level of repair.