Hey all

So i was jamming on my guitar yesterday, and noticed i have som really bad string resonance. This is with high gain.

The g string is particular bad. If i fret the g-note on my thin e-string (15th fret), the g-string resonated as loud as the actually picked string. The problem also exists with other notes, for example the D-string resonates when picking a high D note on the B-string (15th fret).

And as i said, the resonance isnt just a faint resonance. Its just as loud, as if i actually picked it.

The guitar in use is an Ibanez RG321 MH.

Is there something i can do to get rid of this?
Amp:
Bugera 333
Harley Benton G412A Vintage

Guitar:
Ibanez RG321MH w/ EMG 81 & 58

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
~ For all things Bugera
Simply take a piece of a rag or cloth and stuff it between the headstock on the strings.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Simply take a piece of a rag or cloth and stuff it between the headstock on the strings.

This- or wrap a bandana or something around the headstock/strings beyond the nut
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Wait, are you saying that simply fretting the string creates the same sound as if you just did a hammer-on at that fret? And you're playing high gain stuff?

You might just want to back away from the amp. You're generating a feedback loop.
Quote by dspellman
Wait, are you saying that simply fretting the string creates the same sound as if you just did a hammer-on at that fret? And you're playing high gain stuff?

You might just want to back away from the amp. You're generating a feedback loop.

No, not really

If i pick the thin e-string on the 15th fret (thats a G), and mute it right away, the guitar keeps singing the G, because the G-string as activated itself. Does that make any sense?

And as i said, its not just a slight ring. It is as loud and pronounced as if i never let the 15th fret go.

And im playing this thought JamupPro on my iPhone with headphones, so no feedback here.
Amp:
Bugera 333
Harley Benton G412A Vintage

Guitar:
Ibanez RG321MH w/ EMG 81 & 58

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
~ For all things Bugera