So ive pretty much decided on a new 7 string for my next guitar.
Mainly looking at the new Jackson SLATHX-M 3-7 in Slime Green.

Im wondering if theres any other guitars ive not looked at for similar spec and price.

I will be putting this on finance as ive got a guitar cab to pay for too.

Mainly kept in normal 7 string tuning but will be jumping to lower ones every now and again.
26.5 scale and passive pups preferred. Dont mind actives as long as its not emg 707's (really dont like them)
No bolt ons either.

Budget is around the £550 mark.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
no one have an opinion?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Post in the seven string thread, they tend to know a lot about stuff... I mean the first thing that screams to my mind here is Schecter, but I have no idea what's in your budget.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Jackson and Schecter are the only brands making production 26.5" 7s. I think Chapman may be your only other option, seeing Schecter's affection for EMGs.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Both Jackson and Schecter are solid choices.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Only schecter is the Damien elite 7, if i put another £100 on top i can get the banshee 7 passive.

I could go smaller scale but id rather stick with the longer scale.

As for the Chapman, id grab the ML7-T if it had better pickups, granted they may be good but id rather not take the chance of getting the guitar then having to spend another £100+ on new pickups.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
The Schecter Diamond Omen 7 Extreme is a pretty decent guitar for the price. Looks good and has some decent pickups, but the "Coil tap" function doesn`t make a real difference soundwise to me.
Some never use it so they don`t even bother using it.
Another thing is the necks of the 7-string Schecters. TO ME, they just feel weird and fat and others say that their necks are the best they`ve ever played.

Long story short:
Check it out and be sure to feel if the neck is comfortable.

I am also on the lookout for a 7-string. It`ll probably be a Jackson!
Dissonance is underrated.
I played a schecter Damien 8 the other week and the neck wasnt too big, but couldnt put my finger on it. Might of been the actives though.

Im gonna have to pay for this jackson im after to be sent into a local shop i think and go from there. When they come out in the UK that is haha...

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
ibanez iron label may be worth looking into. they are pretty nice, i played one a while ago at GC. however i do prefer ibanez to jackson and LTD (i have owned several from all three brands)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
ibanez iron label may be worth looking into. they are pretty nice, i played one a while ago at GC. however i do prefer ibanez to jackson and LTD (i have owned several from all three brands)

I did have a iron label RGIR27FE for a few months but couldnt get on with the active pickups or no tone. So would have to get some passives for it.

I do plan on playing a fair few 7 strings next week though before i make my mind up.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
I did have a iron label RGIR27FE for a few months but couldnt get on with the active pickups or no tone. So would have to get some passives for it.

I do plan on playing a fair few 7 strings next week though before i make my mind up.

i didn't remember that the ibanez had EMG's.

What did you think of the rest of the guitar? I remember being impressed with it for a cheapish guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The ibanez ones im looking at both have EMG707's or there is the S series iron label with Dimarzio PAF 7's in it. Trying to stay away from another boring black guitar though so ive ruled the RGIR27FE and the SIR27FD both out. Id be looking at the Walnut Flat colour iron label RGIR27BFE (bloody ibanez names man.. So long winded).

Found the rest of the guitar a joy to play though. Comfy neck, bridge and body, just the pickups and the killswitch were a bit annoying.

The Jackson is bright green and will match my cab too so thats a bit of a bonus and has the Nazgul/Sentient pickups.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals