Hi, I have an epiphone 1984 explorer. I'm looking at getting a drop in bridge and tailpiece but I'm not sure of the post size and how to remove the old posts. Thanks.
Why are you replacing the hardware?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I had to replace some of the other parts and I decided to slowly swap out the black for gold hardware. I just never got around to the tailpiece and bridge.
Tune o matic style bridges are pretty standard for the most part, I would guess that most ones you would find would fit your guitar. If you measure from mid post to mid post that will give you the post spacing that you need, i think the actual post size i.e. diameter is a standard size, although i could be wrong. If you really need it you could measure the post diameter and height after you remove them from the guitar. All the ones I have removed have been pressure fitted. Basically once you remove the strings and bridge or tail piece you just use some pliers and pull straight up and they should come out.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 9, 2015,
He might as well go for the locking ones that, for example, Tonepros offers.
That way he will end up having actual help with future setups too!
Or then there is also Faber
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.