heaven086,
Guitar sounds good, good melodies. Even though I'm notorious for using lots of vocals effects, I think I would try using less vocal effects on this song, it is a bit muddy. The singing & vocal melodies are good though. I would delete intro & outro extraneous noises. The song sounds like it is from the 60's, which is fine with me. Nice tune. Please review my music at this link (if you're not keen on synths try "Better Help Him Out 2"):

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1671172
Hi aaron, Thanks for the feedback. Yeah the vocals have a fair bit of reverb on them with some delay also as I personally feels it needs it but I shall give it a go with not as much effects next time to see how it sounds! I'll nip over and review one of you tracks now
Hello Heaven086,

I like the song. Sounds 60's/indie. Reminds me a bit of Jake Bugg also.

My only critique is the same as the above reviewer. Whilst the revurb does sound good, in some parts it does get a bit muddy and I think the overall song would benifit if you just turned the revurb down a fraction.

Thanks for reviewing my track
I Plan To Tell The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth And When That Doesnt Work.....I Lie
Thanks danger dj, appreciate your comment. Yeah I am defiantly a reverb junkie :P That is one comment that I always get so I'm going to tone it down fo sure :~)
cool man! im really digging this..kinda reminds me of the velvet underground acoustic stuff. I like the line about starring into the sun..its allright by me! nice man! great rythem playing..the whoo in there is cool too. this is just a cool track. would love to hear it with drums and a full band. maybe less reverb on the vocals and bring them up a bit in the mix..otherwise ace man! crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1672514
Quote by chasepalmer
cool man! im really digging this..kinda reminds me of the velvet underground acoustic stuff. I like the line about starring into the sun..its allright by me! nice man! great rythem playing..the whoo in there is cool too. this is just a cool track. would love to hear it with drums and a full band. maybe less reverb on the vocals and bring them up a bit in the mix..otherwise ace man! crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1672514

Thanks man really appreciate your comment! sure ill crit yours np.

Thanks
It's not the kind of stuff I listen to, but it sounds good, the reverb vocals are good, are they double tracked or what? I think the album art fits perfectly with the song don't know why haha. Maybe add a bit more instrumentation? that would be my only critique. Thanks for your opinion on my track
Hey dude, cheers for the crit!:

Nice sounding mix for a demo, the washy reverb works quite well at beefing up a relatively simple setup. Very Oasis-ey/Bob-Dylan feel to it (take that as a compliment haha!) and it really works with your voice. The song carries a good rhythm as well, I could totally see this working really well with a full band!
Quote by Poisonouspot
It's not the kind of stuff I listen to, but it sounds good, the reverb vocals are good, are they double tracked or what? I think the album art fits perfectly with the song don't know why haha. Maybe add a bit more instrumentation? that would be my only critique. Thanks for your opinion on my track

Hi man thanks for the crit, yeah I recorded guitar and vocals live and then just recorded over once with vocals to beef it up
Hello

Thanks for the feedback on my song, appreciate it.

I liked your composition, the guitar parts worked well with the vocals. I thought the best part of the track were the vocal melodies which were catchy and would be quite "singalongable" if that's a word.

I think your track would work well with some simple drum parts with a shuffle rhythm. In terms of production, the reverb effect worked well to thicken the song and gave the impression of the room but, personally, the effect was abit too present and set the vocals and guitar far back from the listener.

Overall good song, very catchy.

Cheers, M
You've got a song here that I could totally see working really well with some more interesting production. I would look into some bands like American Authors for inspiration. I could see this doing well with a big indie sound. Some really big sounding guitars, big drums, and lots of background vocals. Perhaps look at Home by Madeon for the sound I'm talking about. Right now on just acoustic guitar I think it's falling short of what it could be, but there are some very catchy parts in there that I think have a lot of potential if you did this with that big sound and some slightly distorted vocals.

I see a lot of people saying that there's too much reverb. As I listen I'm not sure the reverb itself is the problem - it may actually be how the vocals are being produced. If you like the big reverb sound I would try putting the reverb on a separate bus and cutting the low and high frequencies, and then boosting some more highs in the lead vocal. Basically just try some more intense EQing and compression as I think you could make both the vocals and guitar sound much better.

Just listened through it my second time and I must say I really am liking this. I really like this and hope you do more with it.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Last edited by StrokeMidnight at Mar 16, 2015,
The guitar has a nice tone, not too piercing but enough high end to cut through - Cool to hear it in Eb Confident playing on the acoustic. I don't know how this was recorded, but to me there is a lot of reverb; as I've seen people talking about. It's not such a problem on the guitar, but I think it makes the vocals lose a bit of clarity. I also think that there might be a bit too much gain on the vocals, which causes it to distort in certain moments.

Nice repeating motifs and variations on the chords. It's a nice, fun song! Keep up the good work and thanks for your critique
I really like a sound, I think will be great make a mix with bass guitar and simple drums. And vocal effect is too much.
Quote by StrokeMidnight
You've got a song here that I could totally see working really well with some more interesting production. I would look into some bands like American Authors for inspiration. I could see this doing well with a big indie sound. Some really big sounding guitars, big drums, and lots of background vocals. Perhaps look at Home by Madeon for the sound I'm talking about. Right now on just acoustic guitar I think it's falling short of what it could be, but there are some very catchy parts in there that I think have a lot of potential if you did this with that big sound and some slightly distorted vocals.

I see a lot of people saying that there's too much reverb. As I listen I'm not sure the reverb itself is the problem - it may actually be how the vocals are being produced. If you like the big reverb sound I would try putting the reverb on a separate bus and cutting the low and high frequencies, and then boosting some more highs in the lead vocal. Basically just try some more intense EQing and compression as I think you could make both the vocals and guitar sound much better.

Just listened through it my second time and I must say I really am liking this. I really like this and hope you do more with it.

Hi mate, thanks for the inspiring feedback! that is my long term plan tbh, am trying to get a band together at the moment to produce all my tunes and make them bigger!
Quote by Bocob
The guitar has a nice tone, not too piercing but enough high end to cut through - Cool to hear it in Eb Confident playing on the acoustic. I don't know how this was recorded, but to me there is a lot of reverb; as I've seen people talking about. It's not such a problem on the guitar, but I think it makes the vocals lose a bit of clarity. I also think that there might be a bit too much gain on the vocals, which causes it to distort in certain moments.

Nice repeating motifs and variations on the chords. It's a nice, fun song! Keep up the good work and thanks for your critique

Hi man, thanks for the feedback, I recorded live using a zoon q2hd and then put some extra vocals over the top using reason DAW. Eb is the only way for me cant go much higher as my vocals strain haha
I think this song would be even more awesome with a full band coming in piece by piece (like having the bass then the drums etc eventually ending with the full band playing.). That would push this song into the next level in my opinion! Hell you could even add some claps and I think they would fit in very well!

Great song!
And everything that once was
infinitely far
and unsayable is now
unsayable
and right here in the room.

- Franz Wright
well balanced vox and guitar. liked the bridge. cool aesthetic, kinda had a dingy dimly lit club vibe to it - people sitting around sippin beers n whisky and smoking n stuff. really cool.

reverb is awesome but yet gets sorta muddy at times.

kinda reminded me of those extras you'd find at the end of punk albums like 13 minutes into the last track of the album of a song recorded onto someone's answering machine.

and yeah. woooo. great song.
by the way, i stole this riff.
i kind of agree with what strokemidnight said, this sounds pretty good but like a cover of a more "full" song. You could probably expand on this, add drums, etc. and it'd sound even better.

that being said, I like the feel that this has. The chorus is catchy, pretty well done. I found the reverb was the worst around the start of the track, I guess I got used to it after that. Chords at 2:55 are a nice touch.

Good work
Hey man. Thanks for the crit.

I have to agree with what mostly everybody has said. The acoustic tone is spot on. Way too much effect on the vocals. It's as if you're trying to mask your voice because you might not think your vocals are not good enough. In all honesty, I think if you had very minimal effect on the vocals, it would add a lot more character to the song. Just a thought. Overall, a well structured, well written song. Good job!