Sounds like he's bending a note with a crunch overdrive on using the bridge pickup ,then at 3:04 sounds like a killswitch or tremolo.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
When I saw him live he was running a blackface Twin Reverb and the effect he used mostly was an overdrive, probably a tube screamer but I couldn't see his pedal board. The previous post pretty much described what he's doing. Bending one note, up to an interval of a third below the 2nd note, holding that and picking it several times. It's a lick he's used in other tunes too, it varies a little but similar to this. I use the same lick a lot too or similar. Could be bridge or middle pickup, I think bridge pickup too, he uses all 3 pickups, and played nothing but strats all night wen I saw him.

Here's a youtube rig rundown, I haven't watched yet, but I looked up his rig on a website a while back, Tube Screamer seems like the overdrive he uses. On some songs I heard chorus or flanger, but 90% of the time overdrive and some echo and that was it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1VWYfOJ0Lo
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Guitar137335
Sounds like he's bending a note with a crunch overdrive on using the bridge pickup ,then at 3:04 sounds like a killswitch or tremolo.

Quote by Paleo Pete
When I saw him live he was running a blackface Twin Reverb and the effect he used mostly was an overdrive, probably a tube screamer but I couldn't see his pedal board. The previous post pretty much described what he's doing. Bending one note, up to an interval of a third below the 2nd note, holding that and picking it several times. It's a lick he's used in other tunes too, it varies a little but similar to this. I use the same lick a lot too or similar. Could be bridge or middle pickup, I think bridge pickup too, he uses all 3 pickups, and played nothing but strats all night wen I saw him.

Here's a youtube rig rundown, I haven't watched yet, but I looked up his rig on a website a while back, Tube Screamer seems like the overdrive he uses. On some songs I heard chorus or flanger, but 90% of the time overdrive and some echo and that was it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1VWYfOJ0Lo

Great, thanks a lot guys, that's really helpful.