Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone. I am sorry if this is not the proper venue for what I am about to ask but please let me.

I would like to ask you about the weight loss diet you have that works for you. I know I can look at these things on google but first hand info seems to be more reliable for me. I am struggling to lose weight but not on the healthy way and it took a toll on my over all health both physical and emotional.

So a little sharing would be greatly appreciated.
Dust diet works pretty well I've heard
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
~vegan

it's a directed approach to eating less food
i don't know why i feel so dry
Go to the exercise and nutrition thread on here. Anyway, eat lower carb, higher protein while lifting weights.
get off your ass and exercise. It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people complain about their weight when they don't do a thing to change it. Exercise and don't eat like shit and you will lose weight.

Edit: core workouts work better, nobody likes meat heads, be a skinny asshole with a sixpack like me instead ^
Last edited by ehbacon at Mar 9, 2015,
Quote by ehbacon
get off your ass and exercise. It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people complain about their weight when they don't do a thing to change it. Exercise and don't eat like shit and you will lose weight.

Edit: core workouts work better, nobody likes meat heads, be a skinny asshole with a sixpack like me instead ^

Lmao OK bud. It's much better to be a scrawny kid with a 6 pack but no strength.
please replicate what i hear at the gym i really wanna hear it again
Quote by Eastwinn

I bet you do
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Eastwinn

They're even talking about my physique at your gym? Wow.
Genuine response because I kinda feel bad now...

More veg, lot more fruit/veg. Cut the carbs/sugars down, don't remove them, just cut back. Don't change how much you eat, change what you're eating. Look up some simple, healthy recipies, and learn to cook for yourself. I keep healthy by adding onions to basically everything I eat that uses some kind of sauce. That and I eat fruit a lot because I like it

In terms of exercise, walking actually burns a similar amount of calories as running. So going for a 20-30 minute walk a day will burn roughly the same amount as a 20 minute run. If you're really out of shape then this is a great way to start. Walking is mad good for you, if you find it boring, and listening to music boring then try listening to a radio podcast, or asking a buddy to go with you

As for weight-lifting/proper muscle bulding gym work. SOMEONE DO CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG HERE AS I'M IN NO WAY AN EXPERT. I think I'm right in saying that your body won't really build muscle as its burning away fat, so weight intensive exercise won't benefit you atm. That's not to say you should ignore them, but I think its best that you focus on cardio routines/general fitness stuff first, which may or may not include some weights. Honestly you really should ask a pro for advice here

And lastly, the change can only come from you. All this advice is useless unless you yourself want to change. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink." We can't make you do this shit, its up to you, and you alone to go out and do it. It sounds harsh, but its true. If you want it, go out and do it, its more than achievable if you take it seriously.

It will take time though, you don't eat one pizza and suddenly get fat, similarly you don't go out for one run and get a 6 pack. This shit takes forever. I'm constantly losing motivation to go to the gym, so when I do go I'm constantly having to get back to where I was before, it sucks but that's just how it goes

Quote by ehbacon

you're right, but also not right. Its a lot harder than just "eat less shit and do more". Like yeah, that's how the theory works, energy in = energy out, simple stuff. But people are way more complicated than that. People get addicted to food like others get addicted to smoking or drinking, and sometimes its damm near impossible to break that, especially since its something that you literally need to live. Its like saying to a chronic alcoholic "right, you need to stop drinking 8 beers a day, its unhealthy, you're only allowed 4. And you need those 4 to live."

But yeah, don' complain if you don't want to change. Like I said, its hard, but its also totally do-able, and you'll feel so much fvking better once you do
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Last edited by Bladez22 at Mar 9, 2015,
Quote by ehbacon

you're like 14, right? Most 14 year olds I knew had to do absolutely nothing to maintain their skinniness. Then they get into their 20's and 30's and suddenly can't maintain it.

You're also assuming that they aren't exercising and being pretty hostile about it.

Generally asshole response.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Stop drinking water.

Ever hear of the term "water weight"?

Basically most of your body (and fat) is water. Drinking almost no water will help to reduce your weight. I would recommend no more than 100 mL a day.
Quote by BladeSlinger
you're like 14, right? Most 14 year olds I knew had to do absolutely nothing to maintain their skinniness. Then they get into their 20's and 30's and suddenly can't maintain it.

You're also assuming that they aren't exercising and being pretty hostile about it.

Generally asshole response.

Yeah, I used to eat soooo much when I was a teenager. I ate enough for like 2 adults when I was 15-17. I had crazy growth spurts too lol. My appetite is much more normal now, but I was skinny as fvck back then, despite eating literally whatever I wanted. Now if I eat too much crap I feel really sick... Kind of good I guess. I'm still slim, but I'm not skinny/wirey now, I look healthier (I think)
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
ps: my response was genuine

Quote by TheChaz
They're even talking about my physique at your gym? Wow.

got a poster of you & everything
Quote by Bladez22
Yeah, I used to eat soooo much when I was a teenager. I ate enough for like 2 adults when I was 15-17. I had crazy growth spurts too lol. My appetite is much more normal now, but I was skinny as fvck back then, despite eating literally whatever I wanted. Now if I eat too much crap I feel really sick... Kind of good I guess. I'm still slim, but I'm not skinny/wirey now, I look healthier (I think)

I pretty much never grew after 8th grade. I have those genes though. Eat whatever I want with little consequence. I've gained about 15 pounds in the last 6 years or so.

I do sit on my ass all day and don't exercise but I have to consciously maintain my weight or lose it. That's why I hate the default position of 'just exercise more, fatass'. I do feel much better when I'm exercising but my skinniness is not reliant on exercise at this point.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I pretty much never grew after 8th grade. I have those genes though. Eat whatever I want with little consequence. I've gained about 15 pounds in the last 6 years or so.

I do sit on my ass all day and don't exercise but I have to consciously maintain my weight or lose it. That's why I hate the default position of 'just exercise more, fatass'. I do feel much better when I'm exercising but my skinniness is not reliant on exercise at this point.

You might not eat as much as you think you eat, this sounds dickish, but I only realized I don't really eat 3 full meals a day when I stayed with my gf for a week (we only really see each other for one or two nights)

And I have to do that too, but only because (I try) to go to the gym a lot, but I have a habit of not weighing myself regularly, if at all. I've actually got to make sure I'm not losing weight or harming myself. That and trying to build muscle when you hardly eat is damm near impossible, so I'm trying to coach myself to eat more again. Not that I'm too bothered by body building or whatever. I just want to get stronger tbh, and going to the gym helps keep my brain in check

I hate that stance because I know first hand from friends and family that its just not that simple 99% of the time
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22

As for weight-lifting/proper muscle bulding gym work. SOMEONE DO CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG HERE AS I'M IN NO WAY AN EXPERT. I think I'm right in saying that your body won't really build muscle as its burning away fat, so weight intensive exercise won't benefit you atm. That's not to say you should ignore them, but I think its best that you focus on cardio routines/general fitness stuff first, which may or may not include some weights. Honestly you really should ask a pro for advice here

Just gonna address this part right here. Your body absolutely will build muscle at the same time you're burning fat. The confusion usually comes from the fact that your body requires a caloric deficit to lose weight. It does not require a caloric deficit to lose fat. If you are eating a healthy macronutrient balance at maintenance calories and exercising intensely, your body will maintain weight while burning fat and building muscle.

Regarding cardio: Steady-state cardio for long duration does burn a significant amount of calories and can be effective as one tool for fitness, but the body adapts. Over time, your body will become more efficient and require less calories to do a given amount of running/cycling/whatever. So simply doing cardio is not a very efficient method for losing fat.

Also, I'm not an expert at all, but I would like to think that I know a decent amount about fitness. Correct me if there's anything factually incorrect with what I've posted.
Quote by TheChaz
Just gonna address this part right here. Your body absolutely will build muscle at the same time you're burning fat. The confusion usually comes from the fact that your body requires a caloric deficit to lose weight. It does not require a caloric deficit to lose fat. If you are eating a healthy macronutrient balance at maintenance calories and exercising intensely, your body will maintain weight while burning fat and building muscle.

Regarding cardio: Steady-state cardio for long duration does burn a significant amount of calories and can be effective as one tool for fitness, but the body adapts. Over time, your body will become more efficient and require less calories to do a given amount of running/cycling/whatever. So simply doing cardio is not a very efficient method for losing fat.

Also, I'm not an expert at all, but I would like to think that I know a decent amount about fitness. Correct me if there's anything factually incorrect with what I've posted.

you're probably right in the first bit, like I said earlier, I've always been skinny so i've never really had to learn about that stuff or really worry about calories. My gf is studying sport science and confirmed what I said about the walking a while back. It doesn't mean that running=walking. It means that they burn similar calories, running and other things like cycling ect has a myriad of other benefits. But in terms of literal energy spent walking and running are similar, so its a really good way of getting into the swing of things
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Intermittent fasting has given me good results, and I'm going to go back to it once this next bulking cycle ends. Other than that, calculate your TDEE and figure out how much you should eat. Usually, people maintain a 500 calorie deficit per day which allows you to lose 1 pound of fat per week while not feeling hungry all the time.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
Oh, you want Garcia's Garcinia Cambogia.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Walk everywhere you go, even if it takes hours.
Drink lots of water, since its not only super healthy but keeps your appetite away.
I recommend lifting weights, since its fun, burns fat, builds muscle, and you can do it in your room.
Don't work out every day, even though some people think thats the only way to get success, it's actually more effective to work out every other day.
Get plenty of sleep every night.
I recommend you start with something easy and always keep it fun, since if it feels like torture youll probably give up eventually, but if its fun you might even get addicted to it (like i have).
Count how many calories youre eating and make sure to burn more than that.
And most importantly, if you ever see any diet that promises near instant results or doesnt require much work, than its bullshit, and is probably pretty unhealthy for you (seriously, hundreds die from that shit every year)

P.s If you really are super serious about losing weight than High Intensity Interval Training (or HIIT) is the fastest way, but its REALLY ****ing hard, so don't start with that.
Good luck, and i recommend reposting this in the Exercise and nutrition thread for more detailed answers
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Last edited by Irondevil at Mar 10, 2015,
take amphetamines erryday

this way you dont even need to make an effort
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
take amphetamines erryday

this way you dont even need to make an effort

back to the drug thread with you
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
start smoking
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
5:2 works brilliantly.
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Lift weights and diet. It works but its hard.

I remember somewhere that if you just diet with a just a caloric deficit, it will slow down your metabolism(which can shit things up in the long term), and with weight lifting it equalizes it to a certain degree. i dont remember exactly but it would probably be good to investigate a bit if you aim to become a cardio slave.

also, don't get discouraged. too many people do.
KIFFLOM
Quote by flickeringrainy
Hi everyone. I am sorry if this is not the proper venue for what I am about to ask but please let me.

I would like to ask you about the weight loss diet you have that works for you. I know I can look at these things on google but first hand info seems to be more reliable for me. I am struggling to lose weight but not on the healthy way and it took a toll on my over all health both physical and emotional.

So a little sharing would be greatly appreciated.

Simple math. Eat fewer calories and burn more calories... but the devil is in the details.
This is the plan I have been following for 30 years, So far so good:

* Eliminate sweetened soft drinks. They are simply canned diabetes and the fast lane to obesity and other health issues. Sweetened soft drinks also tend to make you crave more hi calorie foods so it is a compounding snowball effect. Water, tea, or 100% fruit juices in small amounts instead.

* Eat mostly whole foods and minimize packaged snack foods, packaged/processed foods and most fast food. Fast food and packaged snack foods tend to make you crave more hi calorie foods. Chicken and fish have 1/2 the calories per lb as beef, so eat less beef and more fruits and veggis, chicken, and fish. Prepare my own food so I can control portions.

* Walk 1hr each day and keep an active lifestyle. Couches kill so get off em.

* Stick to proven methods that have worked for 1000s of years and avoid quirky fad diets that don't have a 100 year history of effectiveness. There are no magic pills.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Mar 10, 2015,
On fitness: Start with what you like. For me I liked weight lifting so I started there, and right away I saw results, and felt it almost every day. Got "addicted" to the "good pain" the day after a workout - I feel kinda weird if I'm not in that state now. The trouble is I've adapted, so a half hour at the gym does not do this ^^ for me anymore.

So now I change it up. I do life, but now it's every day, and every day I blast something. I'll do full body plus chest, or arms, or legs, or whatever I feel like ripping up that day. Then I swim, or last night I even went to a dance class with my wife!

Sounds funny, but doing sort of light ballet stuff felt really good after a workout.

Like I said, keep throwing different stuff at your body, and just do certain stuff every day.

Here's an easy one: get some hand weights and lift while you watch TV. You're sitting down anyway, right? Why not do some curls? Work shoulders?

Find time in your life to add some exercise. I write a lot at work, like on the computer, so I do it in "Sumo" pose (a wide-leg squat with feet at 45 degree angle from center). Sure as Hell makes me type faster!!

Once that Sumo squat starts to burn I'm typing, like, 70 words a minute to get the heck outta that stance.

Fitness is a lifestyle, not a "state." Nobody is "fit." Some people practice physical fitness and some don't. What's fitness for you is not for other people.

Lots of heavies at the gym I work out at. They're fit! Some of them can outrun me, out-lift me easily (they're stronger by nature), etc.

Go by feel. If it feels good then it's the right thing. If not, then maybe it's not for you.

As for diet: avoid processed. One big meal a day with a large protein load in the morning. Today I did two eggs.

If you have a single feast and a bunch of light snacks that's perfect! That's how humans are supposed to eat: munch on berries and seeds until someone takes down a deer, or you catch a fish, and then you eat big, and go back to munching on berries and seeds and whatever.

The hunter-gatherer approach!
Track your food intake. You eat more in a day than you think you do.

Track your activity. You move less in a day than you think you do.

Modify them as necessary once you've got legitimate data.

That's it. No really, that's it.

All the "eat this, don't eat that, do this, don't do that" advice isn't a required part of the solution.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Cajundaddy

* Eliminate sweetened soft drinks
* Walk 1hr each day

These are two very easy ways to lose weight. A few years ago I stopped drinking anything but water and coffee, and went on at least one walk a day. Didn't change anything else and I lost probably fifteen pounds in a month or less.
Definitely stop drinking sodas, and if you drink alcohol avoid beers and stick to liquor, since beers are quite fatty.
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
<-- Remove the "O"
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
ometh nice to see you
Quote by korinaflyingv
Page 1 of 2