I'm considering upgrading from my Line 6 UX1 interface and considering the two mentioned in the title. I'm recording only direct bass and guitar, both w/ active pickups. I'm just looking for honest opinions from anyone who has experience w/ either of these interfaces. Thanks!
The UX2 is basically the UX1, except with two channels, a place plug in foot switches, and a s/pdif out. It does have a padded instrument input on channel 2, which might be useful for your active pickups.

I have no experience with the Scarlett 2i2, but the exterior is cool looking. Looks metal, and I like the red. Good design.

Honestly, neither is really going to be much of an upgrade from what you're using. There's a degree of "you get what you pay for" in these products and they're all pretty much in the same league. Like it might be slightly different, but not really. What you have should be sufficient for what you're doing, though the pad could be nice if the signal is coming in too hot.
Nah the 2i2 doesn't have enough input headroom to record active p/ups.

If you want a step up from what you have now get a mackie onyx blackjack or a roland duo capture ex, but as jasper mentioned it's not really gonna make that much difference if you only record DI instruments to be passed through amp sims or reamped.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by jaspervdv
the scarlett 2i2 is awesome.
But it is not made for DI recordings.
If you want to DI record you have to buy the 2i4 or bigger or decide to buy a separate DI box.

But if you only record DI guitar and bass you really don't want to spend your money on a new interface

This.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
> pro audio
> Scarlett 2i2

Anyway, there's no new 2i2, just new interfaces in the same range, and the new ones either have an input pad or less pre gain.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Okay I see what you mean. I know there wouldn't be much of a difference in sound quality, I was just thinking that the features missing from the UX1, like the input volume control and meters/clip indicator, would be very convenient to have.
Quote by BlackFalcon17
Okay I see what you mean. I know there wouldn't be much of a difference in sound quality, I was just thinking that the features missing from the UX1, like the input volume control and meters/clip indicator, would be very convenient to have.

still don't think it will be worth the money.

But then i would go with a 2i4 or something like that one
The gain control on the UX2 is only the mic pres, not the guitar DIs.

Also, the Scarletts are pretty much the best interfaces on the market at that price point - but some (including Luca) disagree.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.