Seems like quite the waste to install a bridge that's worth about 3x what the guitar is.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
not to mention that the extra size/weight on the top will probably impact tone by damping vibration.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by the_bi99man
Seems like quite the waste to install a bridge that's worth about 3x what the guitar is.

the bridge is worth 7x what the git is but its worth its weight in gold
esp when you can pick it up and record with no messing
its now been in tune since it was set up 4 months ago
and no i dont change my strings every 2 days before you comment

it was fitted to a fender squier because it is a cheap guitar ( £30 s/h )
couudnt risk it on my martin j40

a perfectly tuned cheap guitar with a reasonable sound is much better
than any other git thats 'nearly in tune' esp when recording IMO
cheers
Quote by patticake
not to mention that the extra size/weight on the top will probably impact tone by damping vibration.

theres no noticeable increase in weight
but it does damp the sound slightly

anyway sounds of instruments are different ( not better or worse ) from instrument to instrument it depends what sort of sound your after

+its got guage 10's strings with a plain G and an earvana nut
it plays like an electric ...amazing

if you've never tried it you can only guess negativity
My electrics and my acoustic hold tune flawlessly. No Evertune needed. Good guitars do that, without needing to be modded. It's one of the things that makes them good guitars.

And I have actually tried an Evertune, so I'm not "guessing" anything. They're a cool idea, but not particularly necessary if you just have good hardware to begin with, which holds tune just fine. Also, it's a bit of a tone sucker. That mode that forces the strings to stay in tune even when bent might be pretty cool for someone who plays so heavy handed that they're regularly bending notes without meaning to. But very few people play like that, and for those who do, it's usually just bad technique.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Last edited by the_bi99man at Mar 11, 2015,
Quote by patticake

Probably not an issue. It's a squier acoustic. Not exactly dripping in tone anyway.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
thats why there fitted ( factory wise )to the best guitars on the planet
(but not acoustics yet )

if you're always in tune then you defo dont need an evertune
so well done for never going out of tune

you can come and sort my j40

didn't know you'd got a squire
^^^^^Best guitars? Hmmm, that's a bit subjective. I think I would stick with a Tonepro stop tailpiece and ToM, or something comparable, on a "best" electric.

What you have, IMO, with the evertune and light strings is a hollow electric, not an acoustic. What strings do you use on your J-40?

The weight would be a major issue in acoustic designed primarily for their acoustic properties, since low mass in the lower bout is a major consideration.
ok hollow electric call it what you want
the thread is about [U]tuning not what gauge strings are being used or what 'tone ' it has
or acoustic properties....because this is all subjective in any case

which sounds better a dobro or a hummingbird ..depends on the user
instruments sound different not better or worse unless you have a j40
( which is obviously better than a top end washburn ) etc etc

evertune type bridges are coming because most guitarist are pissed off
with spending half there life tuning up

a guitar tuner ( snark/boss/peterson eyc ) is the biggest selling accessory ever
so if you dont have tuning issues ...welldone

i use 12 phospher on my j40
which sounds bloody marvellous and i'd never attempt to put an evertune bridge on it
Quote by polyal

i use 12 phospher on my j40
which sounds bloody marvellous and i'd never attempt to put an evertune bridge on it

There ya go, not an appropriate device for a guitar chosen for its acoustic properties.

And having them fitted to the "best" (whatever that means) guitars is not the same as saying that the best guitars have them fitted.
the acoustic version of evertune hasn't been developed yet
so i fitted the electric version to a fender squier (as a project)
to see if it would work..and it does
albeit a £30git it doesnt go out of tune whatsoever and is still
in standard pitch ( after 3months )

There ya go, not an appropriate device for a guitar chosen for its acoustic properties.

and if you buy a guitar just because of its acoustic properties..dont modify it an anyway else it will be altered