Page 1 of 2
Today at work I got proper pissed off at one of my colleagues. She is a bit of an anal clean freak and keeps moving my projects about across the rooms so I have to go and search for them before getting back to work and she gets moody and very short.

How do you react in a situation like this personally? Would you confront someone directly, live with it, act all passive aggressive or go to your boss or supervisor about it?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'd say nothing and just do my work cuz I'm scared of confrontation.

My new manager is a doucebag tho so maybe I'll just up and tell him to fuck off one of these days and walk out, really don't care about my job at all.
Quote by SMH07
Fight them, obviously.

swear on me mums life m8

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Tell us who she is, we'll have a word with her. She'll be sunshine and roses after a little chat
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
She shouldn't touch your stuff if you have it in your designated workspace.

One girl, who's a shift leader of mine, was giving me a hard time for standing around but all my work was done, I had done a shit load of stuff, and I was waiting for my other co-workers to finish. So I snapped back at her. I always do my work, I leave hours later than I'm supposed to while others clock out exactly at their time without doing anything so I had it. I don't care what they think anymore. I'm tired of being walked all over.
STಠ_ಠ
I put their office supplies in Jell-O.

Srs- I'd say "stop touching my stuff" and if it continues, I'd have a chat with someone who's in charge. Job done.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Mar 10, 2015,
Quote by Andrea55
She shouldn't touch your stuff if you have it in your designated workspace.

One girl, who's a shift leader of mine, was giving me a hard time for standing around but all my work was done, I had done a shit load of stuff, and I was waiting for my other co-workers to finish. So I snapped back at her. I always do my work, I leave hours later than I'm supposed to while others clock out exactly at their time without doing anything so I had it. I don't care what they think anymore. I'm tired of being walked all over.

We work in a communal area (it's a lab) and she just moves the stuff I'm working on about. A pretty anal and tidy woman, so she is wanting to make order for stuff but it just makes more effort for everyone else just so she can have peace of mind. Very annoying.

If your work is done you shouldn't "find" something to do unless someone asks for a hand with anything really. My boss told me even if I'm in the middle of something, I should leave right on the dot for when my shift ends each day.

I hold it in and act like it doesn't faze me and let it all bottle up until I end up walking out or no showing a few weeks/months later.
I tell them to stop, but then again I'm not a socially awkward neckbeard so your results may vary...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
anal clean freak

heh
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by snipelfritz
Seriously, no one seconds cuddles?

Spit in her lunch then cuddles. While smelling her hair
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Today at work I got proper pissed off at one of my colleagues. She is a bit of an anal clean freak and keeps moving my projects about across the rooms so I have to go and search for them before getting back to work and she gets moody and very short.

How do you react in a situation like this personally? Would you confront someone directly, live with it, act all passive aggressive or go to your boss or supervisor about it?

"Hey lady, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't..."

I'm the supervisor where I work so I haven't had to deal with a lot of this stuff. People just kind of do what I tell them to mostly

Sometimes if they still do the thing I don't want them to do and it doesn't really make a difference I just drop it because there's no use creating that kind of animosity in a working environment.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
you obviously need to wipe your ass better
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

If your work is done you shouldn't "find" something to do unless someone asks for a hand with anything really.

I disagree. If I have to direct your every action I don't need you.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Oh man this, pro-active employees are valued much more than the ones you have to micro-manage.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Yeah I'm always finding extra shit to do at work, if only to curb the boredom.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Arby911

Maybe in like a retail or supermarket job, but I've got 3 areas of work that I am responsible for. I'll sort out those 3, check general work cleanliness then ask my boss if he needs any odd jobs done.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Maybe in like a retail or supermarket job, but I've got 3 areas of work that I am responsible for. I'll sort out those 3, check general work cleanliness then ask my boss if he needs any odd jobs done.

That's a good thing though. As long as you're looking for stuff to do then you're a good employee in my book. Unless it's like really obvious what you should be doing D:
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Would you confront someone directly, live with it, act all passive aggressive or go to your boss or supervisor about it?

Depends on the political (managerial) culture at your workplace. In most cases I would keep my mouth shut and deal through management. Best way to keep your job.

It's not the way to get "street cred" or build your reputation as a badass, but it's a way to stay employed.

Now, alternately, let's say you have a domination hierarchy where the pecking order is determined by intimidation, standing your ground, more primitive type of stuff. A lot of jobs are like that.

If you are certain that standing up to this person, or getting in their face is going to benefit you somehow then do it. But be prepared to fight and win, because if you lose then you're double screwed.

I'm assuming you are in the "not a domination hierarchy" type of workplace in which case I would play it like a politician or lawyer...

keep your mouth shut and play the management game

I would advise documenting this stuff and, if necessary, photographing things (discreetly) if you feel photo evidence might help in the future.

I worked at a place where the rules were used a lot to intimidate, undermine and manipulate people. I kept a lot of pictures of stuff I saw people do, negligent things like leaving cups of coffee on "clean" tables and the like.

Never used 'em, but given the opportunity I would snap one, just in case.

Be prepared. Understand your situation, and remember: it's only a job!
I'd leave sticky notes on everything saying 'Don't move pls ' That way the situation is obvious to everyone.
I would highly advise dealing with her directly. Be direct, be assertive. Dont have an attitude but be factual and let it seem like you are working together to accomplish something. Also pull them aside for this conversation, praise in public, punish in private. Finally dont make it one side, let them know how you feel about the situation, that you dont appreciate, and it would be better if we could do ________. Be open to suggestions and have a conversation.

Quote by EndTheRapture51

Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I don't work in either retail or supermarkets, but instead with highly skilled professionals and I still maintain that if I have to find work for them I'll find someone else I don't have to find work for.

The only place I know where that doesn't always apply is in a Union shop, where job duties can be highly stratified.

Even at the entry level the adage "If you've got time to lean you've got time to clean" holds true.

To the OP, as mentioned several times already, just ask in a polite professional manner why she moves your work products, and if she doesn't have a rational answer, ask her to not do so in the future.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Mar 10, 2015,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'd casually ask nicely why she was moving my shit everywhere. You guys are crazy.

for real why is that such a big deal
Quote by Arby911
I don't work in either retail or supermarkets, but instead with highly skilled professionals and I still maintain that if I have to find work for them I'll find someone else I don't have to find work for.

The only place I know where that doesn't always apply is in a Union shop, where job duties can be highly stratified.

Even at the entry level the adage "If you've got time to lean you've got time to clean" holds true.

To the OP, as mentioned several times already, just ask in a polite professional manner why she moves your work products, and if she doesn't have a rational answer, ask her to not do so in the future.

When there's only a finite amount of work to be done you can't really make work for yourself, especially if the people you are setting things up for aren't actually requesting the stuff you're supposed to be doing.

Quote by EndTheRapture51

Way over the top emotional response.

Simply say "I noticed you have been moving my projects around lately and I was just curious why you do that?" Listen to her answer and acknowledge it. Maybe you just need to keep your stuff better contained in your own area.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Chin her, lad.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Cajundaddy

Simply say "I noticed you have been moving my projects around lately and I was just curious why you do that?" Listen to her answer and acknowledge it. Maybe you just need to keep your stuff better contained in your own area.

Basically I make up experiments for 2 of my colleagues in containers and then put the containers into drawers beneath the 2 work benches. When they need them I will take them out of the drawers and into their labs so they have their equipment.

So the stuff isn't in the way, and the other lady I share the lab with is fine with how I work, but the prissy one gets all passive aggressive and moody and moves the things I have made up into different rooms and different drawers so you have to waste 5 minutes looking for them.

It is difficult to ask when you are the only one that knows her.
To avoid conflict or ill feelings, try to put yourself in her shoes and think like someone who is an... anal cleaning freak... hehe
you could possibly play innocent and dumb in a way, approach and say something like 'oh am I not supposed to leave my work here" or something of that ilk.
If that breaks the ice on the subject then compromise and at least if she move it then have a designated area where you don't have to search for it.
Of course if she is an elitist pseudo-intellectual type who is secretly bitter at knowing their own limitations and has serious inferiority complex (mimics superiority complex) then playing dumb will not work.
Last edited by mattjamesrenn at Mar 10, 2015,
Quote by Cajundaddy

ye
Just tell her that you appreciate her keeping the place tidy but that you really need your shit in the right places to do your job properly.

nbd

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Just tell her that you appreciate her keeping the place tidy but that you really need your shit in the right places to do your job properly.

nbd

We have a winner

thx jam m8

cheers

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Basically I make up experiments for 2 of my colleagues in containers and then put the containers into drawers beneath the 2 work benches. When they need them I will take them out of the drawers and into their labs so they have their equipment.

So the stuff isn't in the way, and the other lady I share the lab with is fine with how I work, but the prissy one gets all passive aggressive and moody and moves the things I have made up into different rooms and different drawers so you have to waste 5 minutes looking for them.

Seems like a pretty easy problem to solve without pushing a bunch of hot buttons.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Hire the mob to whack her on your vacation or suck it up. You could also put your dick in a box...
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Last edited by losing battle at Mar 10, 2015,
Page 1 of 2