Page 1 of 3
What would you guys say it's a decent state to move to? I was thinking Colorado because apparently Boulder has a decent computer industry (from what I've read) and I studied computer science so maybe I'll find some work there. I literally don't know much about any state except maybe California but that shit seems expensive as ****.

Also I'd prefer if it wasn't a state known for being super right wing or racist/killing people that look Hispanic... I'd really like that

I'm graduating in May and Puerto Rico has started to become an even shit hole than it already was, so I'm taking wings and moving the **** out... recommend me a decent State please?
Move to Britain instead. Free healthcare, gun control and you can legally buy a beer before you start University, not after you've graduated.

Also, you don't have to worry about the racists over here. They're too preoccupied with Muslims and Eastern Europeans to care about Hispanics.
Last edited by Seductive Barry at Mar 10, 2015,
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Colorado because of the mountains and

Yeah, I was think of Colorado to because I'm accustomed to mountains and nature. I really wouldn't like to live in a place like new York or something like that with a bunch of buildings and people always in a hurry.

Quote by Seductive Barry
Move to Britain instead. Free healthcare, gun control and you can legally buy a beer before you start University, not after you've graduated.

Pff I wish, I don't even know where to start to get a citizenship or card or whatever to move over there.
Last edited by VillainousLatin at Mar 10, 2015,
Colorado is an expensive state to live in to housing/tax wise. Outdoor activities/scenery and legal weed are all it has going for it TBH. If I wanted that so much I'd just move to washington.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there still restrictions on the legal weed in Colorado and the other states where it's legal? You can only smoke it on private property, and it's not as if you can just turn up to a bar or club and spark up a spliff (same way you can't just turn up to a bar or club and pull out a can of beer you've bought from elsewhere). I think the major difference is that you can now simply go to the shop, instead of waiting for 45 minutes in the pissing rain for your dealer to arrive.

I know people still smoke it in public where it's illegal anyway, but y'know. But is all that correct?
Eh, Either way I'm not interested in the weed
I just read that it has a decent computer industry, but if it's expensive maybe another state where I can find a decent computer related company and some nature? I don't know, I'll keep researching since I probably still have at least half a year before I decide anything but I want to get info so I can take the right decision.
Colorado seems chill and looks so purdy I wanna see it real bad.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by VillainousLatin
Eh, Either way I'm not interested in the weed
I just read that it has a decent computer industry, but if it's expensive maybe another state where I can find a decent computer related company and some nature? I don't know, I'll keep researching since I probably still have at least half a year before I decide anything but I want to get info so I can take the right decision.

Me neither, not smoked it since I was a teenager. If I lived in America I'd just be hitting the IPA all the time.
America's pretty dull tbh so I wouldn't want to move here if I were you.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by VillainousLatin
Pff I wish, I don't even know where to start to get a citizenship or card or whatever to move over there.

Don't worry about any of that, just walk right in like all the other JF's.
Quote by Seductive Barry
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there still restrictions on the legal weed in Colorado and the other states where it's legal? You can only smoke it on private property, and it's not as if you can just turn up to a bar or club and spark up a spliff (same way you can't just turn up to a bar or club and pull out a can of beer you've bought from elsewhere). I think the major difference is that you can now simply go to the shop, instead of waiting for 45 minutes in the pissing rain for your dealer to arrive.

I know people still smoke it in public where it's illegal anyway, but y'know. But is all that correct?

Of course, it's still a mind altering drug. They aren't gonna treat it like it's a cigarette or anything.

I don't smoke much anymore, but going to a store and legally buying weed just sounds so much more appealing than waiting in your car in a shitty part of town for your dealer to show up. I hate buying weed, that's one of the reasons I don't smoke it much anymore.

That being said, I don't care enough about it to move across the country for it.
Quote by VillainousLatin
I was also thinking of Vermont, Minnesota or Massachusetts. Anyone from there or know anything about those places?

Edit: ^

The Twin Cities are pretty cool. On the lower level of cost-of-living for the states also. You just have to deal with some pretty rough winters.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Washington State

Though I have a friend working in Colorado right now who loves it there.
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Mar 10, 2015,
Quote by Seductive Barry

Well duh. But unlike most states you can have some on you and not get a ticket or taken to jail if you are caught with it. No need to take bong rips at a bar, you can't even smoke ciggs in most bars anyway.
Quote by Seductive Barry

Even if it is it's not really too different than say smoking cigarettes which you really can't do in public anymore. Also from what I've heard smoking marijuana in public will probably just get you a citation or something like that and the cop telling you to put it out. Not like the old days where the cops would break down your door if a neighbor complained they smelled marijuana.
I meant smoking in the smoking area of a bar/club.

Also, is smoking cigarettes in public really prohibited in America?
Quote by Seductive Barry

In most places yes. Some counties in certain states still allow it. Even then they usual have to have to super up to date air filter system. I'm sure there's some middle of nowhere backwoods bars that don't give a **** and vegas bars though. They are part of the small minority.

But we are advanced in health compared to the UK. Dentistry is big business here.
Quote by Seductive Barry

Yes. In fact at my University you can't even smoke on campus anymore (although no one really follows that rule) and it's even banned in outdoor areas in town (like if your bar has an outdoor patio you still can't smoke) Even E-cigs are banned in public for some nonsensical reason.
No perfect states out there and they all have warts. Each one has something to offer though.

CA- Best weather, highest taxes and living expenses. Some of the most intrusive government regulations. I will probably always live here and take the good with the bad.

NV- Weather sucks but almost anything is legal.

MT- Most outstanding natural scenery, hiking, and freedom from people but damn harsh winters. Generally low cost of living. I could easily live here 6 months/yr.

CO- A cross between CA and MT

If you have marketable skills you can make a good life almost anywhere. If you don't, everywhere feels kinda harsh.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I'm from Kansas and go to university in Oklahoma. I would not recommend either of those states to you. I've visited the Pacific Northwest (Oregon & Washington) and I'm a huge fan. You're right about California being expensive from what I understand. Both Oregon is super laid back and I would guess Washington has a decent computer industry (hell, Microsoft is headquarted there). For me, going back east is kinda cliche, I think the west is where it's at. Best of luck to you!
Quote by Dirge Humani
why are you even bothering to ask youre puerto rican youre going to wind up in new york

fuuuck no

... maybe.

But really I would not like to live in New York lol

Edit: ^ Thanks mate!
Last edited by VillainousLatin at Mar 10, 2015,
Alabama, but only if you promise to be my friend when you do

And nobody tell him that it's bad here, I need this.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Also one of the poorest and our top judge is trying to tell people to not give gay couples marriage licenses even though a federal court told us we have too.

But like, come on
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Texas.

preferably Austin if you like live music, "college lifestyle", hipsters, and lots of bars, great schools.

Houston or Dallas if you want cheap housing, lots of jobs, solid lifestyle, but the long commutes and heavy traffic kill it.

Besides the hot weather and the occasional redneck passing by, Texas is a nice place to live. Most of the people down here are actually pretty nice and laid back.

edit :

lots of nice lakes and scenic parts on every part of texas. There is so much nice stuff to see in texas that you wouldnt get from other parts of the U.S.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Mar 10, 2015,
Think cost of living.

I live in Oklahoma, and yeah, Oklahoma is full of guys who drive pickup trucks to their office jobs, with V12 685 horsepower worth of GET THE FARK OUT OF MY WAY BECAUSE I'M RICH AND WHITE (AND REPUBLICAN!!!), but it's cheap livin'.

I respect folks who drive trucks because they have to, but you know who they are. The truck is dirty, there's equipment on the back, a logo like "Bob's Appliances" on the side. Hats off to them!

And there are arseholes everywhere, every state. Generally rich dicks suck. Nice places to live come with rich dicks. Goes with the territory.

Colorado is super expensive to live. The northeast is even worse! Shithouse apartments for, like, homeless people cost $1500 a month - which is why they're homeless.

I can't afford $1500 a month!!

..but I live in a 3-bedroom house with two baths and a backyard and a dog.

Boise is a good place, so I've heard. Kind of a smaller Austin, Texas vibe?

You have to think off the beaten path like that. Why the Hell NOT Idaho?!

Everyone lives in California, Florida, screw those places! If I wanted to sit on the beach and get my white ass sunburned I can think of a lot better places to do it, like Belize, which sure beats the Hell out of California.

Sure, I'd die of melanoma in about six months, which is why I don't live there.

Ferguson, MO is nice this time of year.
Last edited by FrettieMercury at Mar 10, 2015,
Quote by Wormholes
In most places yes. Some counties in certain states still allow it. Even then they usual have to have to super up to date air filter system. I'm sure there's some middle of nowhere backwoods bars that don't give a **** and vegas bars though. They are part of the small minority.

But we are advanced in health compared to the UK. Dentistry is big business here.

I had no idea that was the case. In the UK it's illegal to smoke in indoor public places, and you get an on the spot fine if you're caught dropping cigarette butts. Apart from that, no-one cares if you just walk down the street smoking a cig. Is that seriously illegal over there?

I suppose all that money you generate from health bills, you can afford to advance your healthcare.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Isn't Alabama one of the more racist states?

Oklahomans love Alabama! As bad a state as we are they've got us beat in all the important stuff, like:

teen pregnancy
illiteracy
believing the Earth is flat and dinosaurs aren't real
use of the word "colored"
Quote by So-Cal
Don't worry about any of that, just walk right in like all the other JF's.

don't encourage them m8 we don't want anymore
Quote by Seductive Barry
I had no idea that was the case. In the UK it's illegal to smoke in indoor public places, and you get an on the spot fine if you're caught dropping cigarette butts. Apart from that, no-one cares if you just walk down the street smoking a cig. Is that seriously illegal over there?

I suppose all that money you generate from health bills, you can afford to advance your healthcare.

I misread your post. It's not "illegal" to smoke in public. it's just HIGHLY looked down upon in some towns. Most stores/malls either have designated smoking sports or have a sign saying no smoking withing however feet, those are usually not enforced.

As a former smoker it's weird not smelling it all the time. Outside of seeing people smoke behind their work places on breaks and in front of tattoo shops I hardly ever see or even smell people who smoked.
Quote by Rossenrot
Mountains, inexpensive, isn't right wing.

You're gonna have to pick two out of the three OP.

What do I get for inexpensive and not right wing?
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Page 1 of 3