As I was looking for a cheap but still pretty nice new guitar I stumbled upon this:
http://www.thomann.de/se/jackson_js32_7_dinky_dka_qm_tb.htm

It seems pretty nice but I don`t have the chance to try this one out in person since it`s not shipping yet but the Quilted Maple version is being sold.
http://www.thomann.de/se/jackson_js32_7q_dinky_na.htm

The difference is only the finish.

What is the neck most comparable to?
Has anyone tried this one out? Thoughts?
Suitable for down-tuning to drop A as lowest with stock pickups?
Dissonance is underrated.
i haven't played one of these but the JS32 is the top end of the "entry" Jacksons if you will. Their 7 and 8 string guitars do away with the 12"-16" compound radius neck that Jackson is really known for and go for 16" radius for the entire neck - so the neck is going to be very flat.

Just make sure you're good with the return policy in case you get one that's not up to your liking.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I wouldn't recommend a JS series Jackson. The X and Pro series ones are good guitars, but the JS series exceedingly cheap. The may look nice at first glance, but I've never played one that didn't have horrible fretwork and necks, and the absolute cheapest hardware you could possibly get. And I've played a shitload of them. We stock them at my store.

Either save more for a higher-end Jackson, or go with a different brand. Schecter and ESP(LTD) shit all over them at the entry-level price point.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Actually, the JS22-7 has gotten nothing but praise, I'm not sure what the JS line is like for the sixxers, but the JS22-7 is a very popular entry level 7. Haven't heard too much on the neck, but with the 26.5" scale, Drop A would be perfectly fine.
2014 Ibanez RG8
2013 Schecter Hellraiser
1999 Schecter Revenger 7
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
So flat like in Ibby Wizard flat or more round?
Thomann do have a 30days return policy and stuff so that`s pretty good. I hope they pay the return fees thou

Is it really that bad?
Is the neck bent so the strings hit the frets and and are the frets sharp at the edges?

Well, the stock pups will certainly be pretty muddy so I could throw in some Evos or Crunch Labs in it and it still would be pretty cheap.

I was at a local music shop yesterday and took a look at some guitars. They had some nice Schecters. They had like a Demon 7 FR and a Damien 7 or whatever it was.
The Damien was like 2000 swedish kronor more but the cheaper Demon, despite I don`t like Schecter necks, played really nice.
Good looking and shit but they did`t have that guitar with a hardtail with the same color.
Sucks.

No 7`s ESPs and no Jackson at all.

All of a sudden I hear a very familiar voice saying "Just call for me if you need something!".
It was freaking Thomas Silver, formerly of Hardcore Superstar, the man behind their greatest guitarwork.
He used to work at a different store in town in which I got my first tube amp and 7 string.
He sold me them and now maybe I`ll buy stuff from him once again! Really cool guy.

He recommended me an Iron Label Ibanez 7 string thou. Played quite nicely, unplugged thou. It does have some active EMG 707 pups which isn`t optimal since I am a pretty "analog" guy when it comes to technology and things, but it does have an killswitch which is pretty unique.

I don`t know man. Decisions, decisions.
Last edited by Lyrax at Mar 12, 2015,
I really don't like the JS Jacksons, and this is coming from someone who really likes Jacksons. Pro Series and up to say the least.
Quote by Lyrax
It does have some active EMG 707 pups which isn`t optimal since I am a pretty "analog" guy when it comes to technology and things,

Analog is completely the wrong word, because EMG's are entirely analog, as are all pickups.

And they're not exactly technologically advanced. EMG actives have been around since the late 70's.

You can 18V EMG's which makes them sound far, far better. It gets rid of the compression of the EMG's that everybody doesn't like.

If you can afford to get an Iron Label, then do so. But if you have that amount of money to afford one new, I'd go used.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 12, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I really don't like the JS Jacksons, and this is coming from someone who really likes Jacksons. Pro Series and up to say the least.

Analog is completely the wrong word, because EMG's are entirely analog, as are all pickups.

And they're not exactly technologically advanced. EMG actives have been around since the late 70's.

You can 18V EMG's which makes them sound far, far better. It gets rid of the compression of the EMG's that everybody doesn't like.

If you can afford to get an Iron Label, then do so. But if you have that amount of money to afford one new, I'd go used.

What was it that you didn`t like?

But they do use 9Vs to get juice. That`s not completely string-coils-output.
I`ve tried some actives in for example the Ibby RGA7 and in a guitar equipped with some Blackouts. The cleans were pretty bad and they were like really bright and you could hear the pick attack really clearly which I don`t like, so that kind of put me off.

Since the 70`s? I didn`t know that! Wasn`t it used by jazz guitarists in the beginning or something?

Well, if you guys say that there are better options than the JS32 I`ll respect that and look for something else. I`ll check out the new badge of guitars they will receive probably tomorrow. I`ll maybe try out the Iron Label one too.
I mean, I got the cash but yeah. I`ll see about that.

There`s a shop in town that has the Schecter Damien Elite Avenger which I`d like to have for a long time. Maybe I`ll go for that meanwhile and get a more expensive 7 after summer.

Thanks for the answers guys!
I've only heard good things from folks who've tried the JS 7-strings, and these are mostly people who usually play decent gear, fancied a cheap 7 string for fun and were pleasantly surprised.

I haven't tried any myself, and I expect the qulity control might be a bit hit and miss, but from the sounds of it they're generally pretty solid.
There`s like two people here that wrote that they weren`t top notch but for 3000 swedish kronor, whatever that is in d0llaZ, you can`t expect wonders.
Some day I`ll get it thou.
I`m gonna get myself a Schecter Damien Elite Avenger for a price you just can`t resist so I`ll just take it easy with the cash upon the summer.
Thanks man!