Hello everyone!
First of all I want to say that I'm NOT a singer and I just do this from time to time as a hobby.
I made this recording to get some feedback from you,
Not necessarily technical critique (though if someone has it I would love to listen),
But more of a general feedback if you like how I sound and if you think its good or not.
Anyway, I just recorded some lines and parts from different Guns N Roses songs and live stuff, my vocals only, no songs or backing tracks (so excuse me if lyrics/timing/notes are off).
So basically just tell me what do you think...

https://soundcloud.com/tyren-5/vocal-test
There's definitely reverb, is there some pitch shifting and phaser stuff going on as well? Whatever FX you have on there it's too much. Keep it dry with maybe some compression and a light touch of reverb at the most if you want a decent critique.

Also Axl Rose had a very versatile voice. You can't be axl rose but if you want to use your own voice and achieve a similar style then you might want to at least try some of the more mellow stuff he does.

It didn't like the sound sorry. It didn't sound great. But you could have a decent voice somewhere in there. Just not in anything I heard in that clip. ( sorry)
Si
Sounded more like Dr. Rockzo of Metalocalypse.

Sounds like you are straining a bit in parts (I can do a very similar sound and it always involves a bit of straining/cord grinding). I'm not a fan of this either within this framework (axl rose). However, it would be fine in many types of metal.

You would need to add alot of voice to what you currently have to develop something akin to Rose. Basically, you are taking the vocal effect (distortion) and tossing out the most important part (the main vocal tone). In any case, best of luck.
Quote by 20Tigers
There's definitely reverb, is there some pitch shifting and phaser stuff going on as well? Whatever FX you have on there it's too much. Keep it dry with maybe some compression and a light touch of reverb at the most if you want a decent critique.

Also Axl Rose had a very versatile voice. You can't be axl rose but if you want to use your own voice and achieve a similar style then you might want to at least try some of the more mellow stuff he does.

It didn't like the sound sorry. It didn't sound great. But you could have a decent voice somewhere in there. Just not in anything I heard in that clip. ( sorry)

Yeah there's reverb (obviously), but there's no pitch shifting or phaser or any effect of that kind. But I really like the fact that you thought there was, lol
However, the second paragraph of your message didn't make sense to me at all...
Thanks for the input though!

Quote by merriman44
Sounded more like Dr. Rockzo of Metalocalypse.

Sounds like you are straining a bit in parts (I can do a very similar sound and it always involves a bit of straining/cord grinding). I'm not a fan of this either within this framework (axl rose). However, it would be fine in many types of metal.

You would need to add alot of voice to what you currently have to develop something akin to Rose. Basically, you are taking the vocal effect (distortion) and tossing out the most important part (the main vocal tone). In any case, best of luck.

I don't know what you mean exactly by "straining" (English is my second language), but I don't think I do.
You're right about the last part though, and I'm still working on it, that's why I didn't featured it on this recording.
Cheers
Honestly, I didn't judge this as an Axl Rose impression, because I reckon you've got some decent mileage as a vocalist in your own right. You are much harsher than Axl, almost stepping into Rob Halford/Ripper Owens territory, I wouldn't mind seeing how you tackle some Power Metal, in fact. A good sound!
It´s really good!! you have a good voice, should make you own style! I sure that you would make also much better and own!