I used to own the epi plus top pro and sold it and have regretted it ever since. Lately I'm regretting it more and more. I'm much more poor now days. I have recently discovered the lp100's. I have looked at a number ofreviews and 95% of them were good and those who did not like it, were opposed to the pickups. What are your thoughts? Right now all I have is a Schecter Damien Platnium with eng's its pretty much a metal guitar, but I would like a bit more verstility as well as a guitar for alternate tunings perhaps. I don't know how much of a difference my amp makes in this decision but I'm strictly a home playing and my amp is a Blackstar ID 1x12 combo. So please tell me should I get one?
Don't get the LP100, it is a horrible guitar when compared to your old LP standard.

Give us your location and budget and we can find you something better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yea, the LP100 isn't going to bring back the good memories of the plus top. If you're lucky enough and do some searching you might could find a used standard for the same price a new LP100 runs.
Well....it's not a horrible guitar. It's not even a terrible guitar. I bought one knowing very little about guitars, knowing nothing about the difference between models of Les Paul shaped guitars. I pretty much thought there were two basic guitars Les Pau and Stratocaster. (Of course I knew that there were thousands and of others, but in my mind most were jus some derivative of those two shapes). But it felt good and played nice and the price was right. I really enjoyed it. It has classic les paul styling and I really didn't know the difference. But then I read about set necks, and I began believing I had a turd. So I aspired to replace it with a "real" guitar. I bought an PRS single cut SE because of a he set neck, figured top, binding, etc. for all intents and purposes, this is supposed to be a superior guitar. And it is, but it doesn't really sound that much better, and it doesn't feel any better when playing.

Then I started playing a lot of guitars at guitar centers around the country as I traveled for work. I realized how big and heavy the "real" Les Paul models are. I also realized that this did not make them sound any better. I found the most are set up poorly (which doesn't reflect wholly on the manufacturer or the model), many have little qc quirks, and in general weren't twice as good as the LP100 as the price would lead you to believe. In fact, whenever I came home, I was happy to have what I have. I also figured out that the set neck idea isn't the end-all design feature that I originally thought.

The bottom line is, judge the guitar by how I t looks and feels to you. If it brings you the LEs Paul vibe at a fraction of the cost, don't worry about it. Just know going in to it that you are not getting a bound, figured, full thickness, set neck guitar. Judge the quality, feel, and sound on your own.

But...I would not buy a new one. I love mine, but I bought it used for $150, and I think the value is great. If I were to spend $300 to $400 on a new guitar, there are many other models I would consider first.
I would also like to clarify, my PRS SE is an awesome guitar. It is certainly superior in every way to the LP100 and all of my the Epiphones that I have played. It is just that my particular LP100 doesn't have many glaring deficiencies and is pretty darn good. I did replace the switch with a higher quality one when it malfunctioned after 10 years. and when looking at the wiring, I thought I should replace all the wiring at some point just to clean it up a bit, but it doesn't affect how it sounds or works.
Quote by Moto4Fun
Well....it's not a horrible guitar. It's not even a terrible guitar. I bought one knowing very little about guitars, knowing nothing about the difference between models of Les Paul shaped guitars. I pretty much thought there were two basic guitars Les Pau and Stratocaster. (Of course I knew that there were thousands and of others, but in my mind most were jus some derivative of those two shapes). But it felt good and played nice and the price was right. I really enjoyed it. It has classic les paul styling and I really didn't know the difference. But then I read about set necks, and I began believing I had a turd. So I aspired to replace it with a "real" guitar. I bought an PRS single cut SE because of a he set neck, figured top, binding, etc. for all intents and purposes, this is supposed to be a superior guitar. And it is, but it doesn't really sound that much better, and it doesn't feel any better when playing.

Then I started playing a lot of guitars at guitar centers around the country as I traveled for work. I realized how big and heavy the "real" Les Paul models are. I also realized that this did not make them sound any better. I found the most are set up poorly (which doesn't reflect wholly on the manufacturer or the model), many have little qc quirks, and in general weren't twice as good as the LP100 as the price would lead you to believe. In fact, whenever I came home, I was happy to have what I have. I also figured out that the set neck idea isn't the end-all design feature that I originally thought.

The bottom line is, judge the guitar by how I t looks and feels to you. If it brings you the LEs Paul vibe at a fraction of the cost, don't worry about it. Just know going in to it that you are not getting a bound, figured, full thickness, set neck guitar. Judge the quality, feel, and sound on your own.

But...I would not buy a new one. I love mine, but I bought it used for $150, and I think the value is great. If I were to spend $300 to $400 on a new guitar, there are many other models I would consider first.

That still doesn't change the fact that you can get a better guitar for the same price point. Why would you even waste your time or risk it with a dog like that? You can get LP Standards easy for 250-500 all day.

You might like your LP-100 but that doesn't mean a ton of them arent junk.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Moto4Fun
Well....it's not a horrible guitar. It's not even a terrible guitar. I bought one knowing very little about guitars,..<chunks left out>

I would not buy a new one. I love mine, but I bought it used for $150, and I think the value is great. If I were to spend $300 to $400 on a new guitar, there are many other models I would consider first.

There are better options.
An LP100 is just a glorified LP Special II. They're turds imo.

If you want a good Epiphone Les Paul, the Tribute is the best value of them all.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by jamesdolecek
So please tell me should I get one?

nope.

check craigslist, or used MF, find a nice standard or studio for cheap.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011