I was wondering if all volume and tone pots are one set size like if there is a stock size for them and they all come in that size because I'm drawing up some blueprints on a build and need the diameter so I can put it on the body so I know how big a hole to drill for them when routing the body later on in the build stage. for further help the pots I will most likely be using are: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Telecaster-500K-Mini-Potentiometers-Volume/dp/B00G23NVTG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1426162518&sr=8-13&keywords=electric+guitar+volume+and+tone+pots
There are different size pots and different HOLE sizes required depending on which ones you get. You'll also find that the knobs that go on these pots have different splines and internal dimensions, so you have to match those up as well.
those pots dont list neither the shaft dimensions or the brand, or even any useful information. Id suggest looking into other retailers in the UK that provide said information. Odds are the pot willl require either a 3/8" (10mm) hole or 1/4" (8mm) hole.

The most common pots used in build are CTS and ALPHA brand. I believe ALPHA pots are 8mm while CTS are 10mm.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1