Sadly Terry Pratchett, author of the Discworld novels, died today aged only 66 after a long battle with Alzheimers.

Pretty sad and he was a really imaginative and funny novelist so he will be missed.

Death announced his passing on his twitter account also:

Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Mar 12, 2015,
RIP

Someone gave me Wintersmith for my birthday a long time ago and it opened up a whole new genre for me. I've never read anything else by him although I really enjoyed that book.
cat
Shit.

RIP Terry, thanks for the books
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
I really enjoyed reading some of the discworld novels when I was a young teenager. RIP
Quote by Wormholes
You can die from Alzheimer's? Serious question.

It seems fairly complicated and is mainly due to other health problems.

What is likely to cause the person's eventual death?

The life expectancy of a person with dementia is unpredictable, and the disease can progress for up to around 10 years. It is estimated that a third of people with dementia at any one time will be in the later stages of the disease. Although dementia is a life-shortening illness, another condition or illness (such as pneumonia – an infection in the lung) may actually cause a person's death. This other condition or illness will most likely be listed as the cause on the person's death certificate. Pneumonia is listed as the ultimate cause of death in up to two-thirds of people with dementia.
The person's ability to cope with infections and other physical problems will be impaired due to the progression of the disease, and the person may die because of a clot on the lung or a heart attack. However, in some people no specific cause of death is found, other than dementia. If the person is over 70, ageing may also be given as a contributing factor. Alternatively, the death of a person with dementia could be caused by a condition that is completely unrelated to their dementia.
Depending on the circumstances and the practices of the doctor, dementia may be entered on the death certificate as the sole or main cause of death, or as a contributing factor. If it has not been mentioned, you can ask the doctor to include it if you wish.
Quote by Wormholes
You can die from Alzheimer's? Serious question.

Yes, it's a degenerative disease.

I've never been a big fan, but I respect the hell out of him. RIP.
Ah this is sad
Was never a massive fan of his books, but a good writer and great mind. RIP
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Oh wow
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Absolutely devastated, he's been my favourite author for over 15 years now, and his books had a huge impact on my sense of humour.

RIP Terry
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I've only read Good Omens and two of the Long Earth novels, but I can already tell that me and his work are going to get along well.

RIP in peace.
RIP, will be missed by many, such a wonderful, creative and thoughtful man. Discworld series was a big part of my childhood.

It is a shame also as he was a big campaigner for assisted suicide here in the UK, hopefully someone will pick up his mantle.
Quote by metacarpi
Absolutely devastated, he's been my favourite author for over 15 years now, and his books had a huge impact on my sense of humour.

RIP Terry

This post word for word sums up my feelings this day.

RIP to one of the greatest authors of the modern age.
Me and my dad are both sad about this, fantastic author. Will be missed.

RIP Terry.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The Discworld novels I've read were absolutely brilliant. I still have so many to read...

RIP

great author, great person, will be missed. At least he's at peace now, I heard that he really wasn't happy trying to cope with Alzheimer's

I read some of his books when I was 11-12, I was a bit too young to fully appreciate them. When I finish the book I'm reading atm, I'll go home and pick them up, and try reading them again
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!

been trying to get up to date with discworld and started reading wyrd sisters the other day.

people dying is usually nbd to me but this is one of the very few that bums me out, even though I knew it was coming.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm retaking the class where I first read him and I'll be there today. My professor will be devastated.

He was a really great author. I heard he died at home with his family, so there's that.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I just saw thisand was about to make a thread.

So sad. Discworld and Carpet People were awesome.

R.I.P

“If you trust in yourself. . .and believe in your dreams. . .and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Jesus wept

gotta be troll

Quote by APileOfDeadCops
Never heard of her. But RIP

YOU NEED TO COME WITH ME
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls

Would seriously recommend this book to anyone who's a fan. A real insight into the man behind the humour and the bitter, cynical source that it comes from.
Quote by Minkaro
Anyone know what that bit.ly link was? Not working when I click on it now.

(Obviously I'm going to the Twitter feed to click on it, I'm not just clicking the picture).

http://www.pjsmprints.com/
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
rip terry pratchett, wonderful man
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
It's been years and years since I read through a bunch of the Discworld books, but I enjoyed them. Thanks, Mr. Pratchett.
I have nothing important to say
I should probably read Discworld.

RIP.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect