Page 1 of 2
Mine really is, I mean like. Back at my old house, my mom and dad had a confederate flag on the garage door, and they were super conservative and they hated Obama. I never really got into the whole racism thing, but I was like 12 when I realized the N-word was bad when I said it at school.

Is anyone else's family racist?
No because i live in a developed country
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by EndTheRapture51
That explains why you are so racist then

yeah, racism is a learned behavior, kids aren't racist by nature, they learn that shit from somewhere

as long as you're aware of that OP then you can address that problem in yourself, and work towards not being like them. from the sounds of it you already disagree with them and see why its wrong, so you're pretty much there

On topic no, they're not. Some of my family are very old, and aren't really aware what is and isn't offensive, they honestly mean well, but I've had to explain why what they're saying is offensive a few times. But they're not racist
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Mar 12, 2015,
No. It must suck for people with racist fams. Racism sucks.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My immediate family no, but there are some members of my extended family that are. My Grandfather, while a good man in many ways, was unfortunately a product of his time (born in 1909) and was very racist, although he managed to conceal it near the end of his life.

Also he was German, and although he fought in WW2, some of his progeny turned into skinhead wannabe "master race" assclowns. Unfortunate, but not much to be done about it other than refuse to associate with them, which I've done for many years now.

I spent too many years in the military, seeing the good and the bad in an exceptionally diverse group, to think that the color of one's skin has a damn thing to do with what kind of a person they are.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
My extended family, yes. Instead of addressing the fact that they're middle aged curmudgeons who no one would enjoy working with, they blame all of their missed job opportunities on anyone who has darker skin. My grandfather generally addressed Obama as a "jiggaboo" president, but he didn't genuinely hate black people.
¯\_()_/¯
My parents say some racist shit sometimes. Probably my dad more than my mom.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
My family is extremely racist. The only jokes my dad tells are racist. He did grow up in Ohio though and everyone is racist there.
My mum doesn't try to be, but she does make a whole load of unwitting stereotypes all on her own. Its mostly only against asian cultures, but it can get a bit bad.

My dad is kinda racist. Not in an aggressive sense, but a lot of his life has been coloured (no pun intended) by things that could give him that viewpoint, the biggest being when his house was broken into by a gang of black guys when he was a bachelor. He's an irish catholic and lived in some vaguely conservative part of America during most of his teens. Then, he had a very long business career here in the UK, which is where he undoubtedly met many a fellow thinker and now he's retired, its kind of a 'off-colour joke' racism.

My sister is somewhere in between those two.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Did you sit out your ban or did the mods finally realize they had no right to ban you?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
If you have any family member in late 50s and older they are racist cause they seen and lived through shit.
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
wait weren't you banned? please ban this loser again
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
mildly. people probably can't tell unless they knew them really well.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
My dad is a ****ing ridiculous bigot. He makes so many comments about race, sex, culture, sexual orientation etc. and I used to believe them until I realised he was so full of shit (partly thanks to the pit) that it was pointless listening to him anymore.

I don't have much contact with my mother's side of the family so I can't tell you that but I'm pretty sure they're a lot better than my dad.

It's really painful when you're struggling with your own sexuality (I thought I was bisexual but I don't think I am) and you see your parents making horrible comments against gay people on TV.
Yeah, my Dad and his brothers are all shithead racists. Fun times.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Nah multi-racial family. Only thing my mother sometimes makes jokes about is chinese people. >.>
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Did you sit out your ban or did the mods finally realize they had no right to ban you?

The latter I guess, I thought a permanent ban for what I did was pretty harsh, I just got an email saying I was unbanned, didn't even say why either.
no, not at all. we're all very mixed. my grandpa is severely homophobic tho, he kinda scares me sometimes.
banned
My grandfather used to be one of those old guys that complained that "In his day there were more jobs because there were no women or blacks in the workplace".

He ended up remarrying to a cuban woman and voting for Obama.
Cry yourself to ash
My mom's parents are pretty racist. My sister has dated a couple black guys and the first time one of them met my grandparents was pretty bad. They essentially didn't acknowledge that he was in the room. Like he would talk and they would act like nothing happened and basically not reference that he existed.

Then I was trying to explain that all Muslims aren't evil and that it's basically a point of view thing. I pointed out that Christians have killed tons of Muslims in the past and my grandma responded with "well we shouldn't have stopped". Granted, she was kind of drunk at the time.

They hired illegal immigrants all the time for a while then talked about how illegals were destroying the country and how Obama is evil because something about illegals etc.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
yes.

most of them are kind of casual/passive racists. the kind of people who lock their doors when driving through somewhere and they see non-white people.

my one uncle is overtly racist and ****ing obnoxious about it. goes without saying that he's ignorant a.f. and lives in a bubble of television and misleading internet info.

it's almost sad with him tbh. he's to the point where my grandfather was listening to the Ink Spots in the kitchun the other day and somehow got on the subject about how they "weren't black music" because apparently black people are only allowed to make music within their own cultural domain.

my other uncle is hard to really read wit the racist shit he says. most likely he's just trying to piss me off because 80% of what comes out of his mouth is intended to get a rise out of me.

my grandfather is a classic old man racist except his target of choice is pretty much Muslims or anyone he perceives to be Muslim (b/c FOX News). he thought it was funny recently when this Muslim cultural center nearby got robbed. great sentiment coming from a Christian as preachy as he is. he also seems to think like 90% of people from the middle east are members of IS/ISIS/whatever the **** they're called.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
They're a bit discriminative. Which is weird because we're a multiracial family. My dad will make a lot of generalisations about different races etc, but then he married a filipino. It's hypocritical that half of my family complain about immigrants when they're related to some.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
They're a bit discriminative. Which is weird because we're a multiracial family. My dad will make a lot of generalisations about different races etc, but then he married a filipino. It's hypocritical that half of my family complain about immigrants when they're related to some.

My racist grandma has said bad things about Mexicans before but her grandchildren are half-Mexican. Her daughter married a Mexican and her son married a woman who was adopted so we don't know her racial heritage. She's super brown though. So out of seven grandkids, five of them have really brown skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. Still super racist.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
not really. my dad sometimes says things that would sound racist without the proper context tho. even if he was racist i dont think he would give enough of a shit to make a very good bigot.

edit: i am very bigoted towards swedish people.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Mar 12, 2015,
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
The latter I guess, I thought a permanent ban for what I did was pretty harsh, I just got an email saying I was unbanned, didn't even say why either.

I'm glad that you're back.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by BladeSlinger
My racist grandma has said bad things about Mexicans before but her grandchildren are half-Mexican. Her daughter married a Mexican and her son married a woman who was adopted so we don't know her racial heritage. She's super brown though. So out of seven grandkids, five of them have really brown skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. Still super racist.

Yeah my dad says bad things about black people, lots of generalisations. But then actually talking to black people individually he gets on well with them. Idk.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

and my uncle fails to disappoint.

been up for maybe 5 minutes and he's already commenting that he doesn't like some Nickelodeon star anymore (creepy enough for a man his age) because she's dating a black guy.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Wormholes
which star

not a clue, but just from knowing she's a Nick star, she's guaranteed to be like 19-20 at the oldest.
My dad said some racist shit growing up. He's not really bad anymore though since he's been working at a prison and has gotten to know some of the black inmates there.

I've heard my mom say some racist things before too, but she's completely oblivious of anything that goes on outside her middle class christian lifestyle.
Yes

My father really likes F1, but when you start talking about NASCAR he starts complaining about how it's not the real deal and everybody that watches it is a moron. My mom constantly says that people who run 10k marathons are pussies and they should run the whole 40k.

It's just so much discrimination I had to leave
We're all members of the National Front.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Page 1 of 2