do you like how they sound?

normally ibanez pickups are a bit mediocre, but the ones in the premium (I haven't tried them) might be better.

EDIT: what do you mean by "hard rock/classic rock/metal"? (list some bands I mean.)

what's the rest of your gear?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you like how they sound?

normally ibanez pickups are a bit mediocre, but the ones in the premium (I haven't tried them) might be better.

EDIT: what do you mean by "hard rock/classic rock/metal"? (list some bands I mean.)

what's the rest of your gear?

Thought the genre would be enough, my bad, my main influences are the likes of

- Metallica
- Iron Maiden
- Social Distortion
- Orianthi
- Guns N' Roses
- SRV (Yes i know ... blues)
- Van Halen
- The Who
- Santana
- ZZ Top

To name a few

Yeah i like the sound, just wondering whether changing the pickups with give a better sound or if it's more down to fine tuning my playing techniques
Last edited by Tcrumpen at Mar 12, 2015,
What amp do you have?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
No worries, I just have to ask that in case what I think of as hard rock is different from what you think Thanks

EDIT: If you have a modeller I'd probably stick with the stock pickups unless you're noticing something really bad with your tone compared to other guitars. Better pickups will sound better even on modellers, but they (probably) won't make as much difference as on, say, tube amps. And for what pickups cost, it might be more sensible to put that money towards a better amp if you're really concerned about tone. Or if not, just play what you have and enjoy it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 12, 2015,
Quote by Dave_Mc
No worries, I just have to ask that in case what I think of as hard rock is different from what you think Thanks

what amp (and pedals, if any) are you using? none of those (apart from metallica, and maybe later VH... and i'm not really familiar with social distortion) really use a super high gain tone I don't think.

No pedals apart from the occasional use of the Wah as for amp: Blackstar ID:30

Not surprised about not knowing Social Distortion not a very well known band, Punk Rock mainly
Last edited by Tcrumpen at Mar 12, 2015,
Yeah sorry you ninjaed me when I was typing I've put my answer in the post above.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
spend some time with the guitar, give it at least a few months. If you the pickups aren't doing something you need look for some alternatives otherwise leave em.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Remember the biggest influence on your tone is the amp, then the guitar. I'd say try saving up for a a nicer amp and then try upgrading pickups.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by zenbone
spend some time with the guitar, give it at least a few months. If you the pickups aren't doing something you need look for some alternatives otherwise leave em.

I agree take some time with it and figure out how you want it to sound diffrent. Don't swap pickups just because it's what everyone else here is doing.