Hey there m8s

Here's the Songwriting Game compil8ion album number 8, featuring gr8 songs such as "K8" and "G8". Hope you appreci8.

Bonus tracks, from Beatles Cover Week and Free Week:

If you can't be bothered to listen to the whole thing or if you want to pick out just a few songs to listen to, here's a sampler for you to get a taste of each song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsLJlDWU2TU
(Thanks to nico_9550, ultimate-slash, Minicaxotinho and FoOltz for helping with the samples )

For those of you who haven't heard of the Songwriting Game:
We have a week to write a song and post it in our group page; we then leave it to The Pit to decide which song was the best of the week.

The focus of the game is on the composition/songwriting, rather than the quality of the performance or the recording, which is why the recordings might sound a bit rough.

Each week's winners and runners-up get to appear on a compilation album.
About cover week and free week:
The songs for cover week are covers instead, as you may have guessed from the name. The twist is that they should be in a completely different style from the original. For this album, cover week was a Beatles special.

Free week is for songs that have been in the making for a longer period of time. It's an incentive to finish old ideas and/or an opportunity to show the Pit some songs that weren't originally intended for the Songwriting Game.

Here's our group page, if you want more info or if you want to join.

Songs on the album by: Trifonas, whywefight, SirZep, ultimate-slash, MapOfYourHead, chev311e, captainsnazz, sickman411, FoOltz

Other participants in weeks 43 to 48, cover week 5 or free week 5:
boooysti, deadsmileyface, Minicaxotinho, Trowzaa, nico_9550, Faux, Skinny91, BjarnedeGraaf, ehbacon

1. Around Here (Trifonas)
2. Sakujo (whywefight [as Exactly That])
3. Kate (SirZep)
4. Leather (MapOfYourHead)
5. Acid Tongues (whywefight [as Exactly That])
6. 3366:Decode (SirZep)
7. Grief of a Sailor (captainsnazz [as Thorbulous])
8. In the Morning (sickman411)
9. Sever (chev311e)
10. Throwing Slippers at the Kraken (FoOltz [as Exactly That])
11. Nice Day for a Mess (ultimate-slash)
12. I Don't Even Know What This Is Anymore (whywefight [as Exactly That])
13. You (chev311e)
14. Gait (Trifonas)
15. Distant Memories (chev311e)

Bonus tracks:
1. Come Together [Beatles cover] (ultimate-slash)
2. And I Love Her [Beatles cover] (whywefight, Trifonas)
3. Sleep (Trifonas)
4. Home Leaving (ultimate-slash)

Songwriting game founder/group admin/weekly thread maker: Minicaxotinho
Cover week concept: chev311e
Artist-themed cover week concept: primusfan
Free week concept: Joshua1207
Compilation album idea: Joshua1207 and a bunch of other people who built on the idea but who knows exactly who they all are by now
Compilation album management: sickman411
Album cover: Minicaxotinho

Check out the previous albums here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
You can also find them in our Bandcamp and Youtube pages.
Quote by chev311e
3366 is competing for best song ever in this group.

I was just thinking that today actually
Quote by deadsmileyface
im a mod now

Don't see your name here, bud

EDIT: Also, who even are some of these people?
like for real though holy shit these songs are good.

^ I don't know the bottom 3

also, i don't see my name on there
Quote by sickman411

Don't see your name here, bud

EDIT: Also, who even are some of these people?

smd
banned
Quote by chev311e
like for real though holy shit these songs are good.

^ I don't know the bottom 3

also, i don't see my name on there

Yeah.
And ibanez1997 submitted a song on free week once and won, and never showed up again.
Quote by deadsmileyface
smd

no
Last edited by sickman411 at Mar 12, 2015,
Quote by chev311e

yeah its pretty rad. It won against Gait too, which has a really rad chorus. And Distant Memories which has a really rad chorus too. And Melanie Laurent, which has a pretty rad chorus too.
Quote by chev311e

Quote by sickman411

Aww, thanks a lot guys.

It's actually pretty funny. 3366 doesn't actually mean anything, the lyrics are supposed to tell a story (I was going for some kind of concept album) but the '3366: Decode' part doesn't mean anything. I had a dream once that someone on the internet said that 3366: Decode was my only decent song Hopefully this won't remain my only decent song.

Quote by whywefight
yeah its pretty rad. It won against Gait too, which has a really rad chorus. And Distant Memories which has a really rad chorus too. And Melanie Laurent, which has a pretty rad chorus too.

Yes, but mine was rad...er.
Quote by whywefight
Empty House was better tbh

There is a part in 'Empty House' where I'm running through the lyrics (that "'cause I'm staring at a rifle in the state of a dream..."). That part was a little bit inspired by 'Her Eyes Out (Maraiza)'
Awesome

I could tell it was a bit up my alley but I never would've thought that you were actually thinking of that
Quote by whywefight

Honestly, distant memories is about as good as i can get.
Quote by chev311e
Honestly, distant memories is about as good as i can get.

What do you mean? You can only go up.
i don't know about that. i just think it was one of the best songs i did at least to this date
It's great that Distant Memories turned out to be the last song because it's a cool as hell album closer. I'm personally more fond of Sever though.
almost famous.
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist