What do you want to play and what guitar do you have?
Also, give us examples of your favorite artists please.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
I have a Fender Mustang.
I have a heavy blues type sound and I listen to a lot of Jack White and Tame Impala.
I also kinda want to play stuff like Jimi Hendrix and lots of other 60s/ mod style bands
I was talking about what guitars you have, but I wouldn't get any and go for some Vox Valvetronix for that stuff.
Just make sure to get the one with a 12 inch speaker, they can be found used for cheap.
Fly on, fly on
Do they have a decent gain channel? And are they fairly reliable? Where would you suggest shopping for one?
Where do you live and what's your budget?

They can be found used on most websites and in shops. It's a modeling amp with a shitton of presets including metal.
Fly on, fly on
United Kingdom, and my budget was around the price of a new orange crush, which was like £90.
I'm not too keen on modelling amps, presets and built in effects, I want something fairly simple that I can add to later with the use of effects pedals.
Well if you don't like modeling amps then I'm lost. I don't know. For blues they could be great and for metal as well. If you don't want this amp then I can't help you, sorry.
Fly on, fly on
That's alright buddy. Recommendations still stand for better amps than the models I've looked at and mentioned above. And if anyone's had any real experience with these amps, or even better, both, then it'd be very helpful.

More information can be added to the first post if needed too
I have an Orange Crush 12, and I like it. Note that it doesn't have a separate gain channel, just gain and drive knobs on its primary. How it compares to the Vox, I couldn't tell you but it can get crazy loud. Should be okay for blues, and rock, maybe lower-gain metal.

Another option if they're available over there is a Roland Micro Cube. It's got a handful of built-in amp models and effects and (at least here in the States) runs about $30 more than the Crush. The Stack and Rectifier amp models are better for metal than the Crush.
Last edited by CarsonStevens at Mar 15, 2015,
i would take the pathfinder. they are probably IMO one of the better cheap non-modeling SS amps for the money.

if you already have a mustang i don't see the reasoning in wanting another small SS amp.

or sell the mustang and get a small tube amp.

but i would go for a valvetronix over a pathfinder or crush though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Valvtronix or Roland Cube. Mo betta tone and useful effects with a butt simple interface.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
If you can find a Pathfinder 15R somewhere, they're great
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
If those are your only two choices, maybe you should go fishing instead...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
yes they can be found in budget used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/