I'm wanting some feedback on my tone to see if you guys think it sounds good and what things I can do to make it better. One thing I can't do is change my room setup. I don't own this house so Im not moving things around

Peavey Triple X
Schecter Damien Platinum 7
Ibanez TS9 as a boost
Avatar 2x12 G12/V30 mix w mic'd V30
Dampening Switch on Loose

Everything is double tracked, sorry for the sloppiness.

I'll try to post pics of my settings.

https://soundcloud.com/adam-abyss/tone-test
It's not bad, it all depends in context though with the rest of the band. I think it might be a little scracthy and fizzy, ie tune the overdrive tone more towards less brightness and maybe take down some of the gain for rhythm, maybe crank the power amp a bit more, maybe move the mic a little off the middle to capture a bit more bass.
It is quite serviceable, reminds me of Exodus "Tempo..." which used the same amplifier as yours.
Quote by diabolical
It's not bad, it all depends in context though with the rest of the band. I think it might be a little scracthy and fizzy, ie tune the overdrive tone more towards less brightness and maybe take down some of the gain for rhythm, maybe crank the power amp a bit more, maybe move the mic a little off the middle to capture a bit more bass.
It is quite serviceable, reminds me of Exodus "Tempo..." which used the same amplifier as yours.

Will do, this amp is very hard to tame the brightness.
Quote by diabolical

Also, since the mic is off the side of the circular thing in the speaker, should I just turn the brightness down and bass up, or move the mic for that effect?
Usually best to do it with the mic as you'd want to tame some of that fizz and it is best to do it by moving the mic just slightly a bit more away from the centre.

If you're using active pickups you can possibly just take off some of the tone down a few steps without losing the sound completely. From what I hear on guitar it sounds like you have 7 string with actives as it sound similar to my Jackson

The way I do it now when I have sound isolated headphones is to crank it and either reamp or play and move the mic at the same time until I hear what I have in my mind.

Try rolling off some of the highs of the amp and bringing in a touch of bass.

Can you put two mics on the cab or your soundcard doesn't allow for more than one source?
Quote by diabolical
Usually best to do it with the mic as you'd want to tame some of that fizz and it is best to do it by moving the mic just slightly a bit more away from the centre.

If you're using active pickups you can possibly just take off some of the tone down a few steps without losing the sound completely. From what I hear on guitar it sounds like you have 7 string with actives as it sound similar to my Jackson

The way I do it now when I have sound isolated headphones is to crank it and either reamp or play and move the mic at the same time until I hear what I have in my mind.

Try rolling off some of the highs of the amp and bringing in a touch of bass.

Can you put two mics on the cab or your soundcard doesn't allow for more than one source?

I did everything you said just now, I even slightly rolled back on the mids
Mr Damien is his name, I'm more of a passive guy thouse but all my guitars have actives. I guess it's easier to swap pickups than it is to find one with the ones you want/ I switched guitars on after the first riff on the new tone test btw.

https://soundcloud.com/adam-abyss/tone-test-2

I actually typed a full response but I never sent it. xD So if everything seems jumbled and out of order that's why.

My soundcard has 2 inputs but only records the first one, which is really weird. That's for another thread lol.
i think it sounds great through my tannoy monitors...its not too bright cos when you add bass and drums it will be perfect in the mix...
Looks good, still not 100% happy about fizz but in full mix I think it will sound pretty good.
If you double guitars you might want to vary it a bit, either use second guitar or change maybe between the first tone and this one.