Conservative group at my school is being called a hate group and I think it's silly

Page 1 of 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YC7Y_8HV9M

Basically, every student group's supposed to undergo LGBT sensitivity training now, which shouldn't be a big deal imo. But one group on campus doesn't want to do it.

However now there's a fuss and a bunch of GG92s are calling them a "violent hate group" and trying to cut their funding.

Can't we all just chill, it's almost summer.

_________________00__________________
________________0000_________________

_______________000000________________
____00_________000000__________00____
_____0000______000000______00000_____
_____000000____0000000___0000000_____
______000000___0000000_0000000_______
_______0000000_000000_0000000________
_________000000_00000_000000_________
_0000_____000000_000_0000__000000000_
__000000000__0000_0_000_000000000____
_____000000000__0_0_0_000000000______
_________0000000000000000____________
______________000_0_0000_____________
____________00000_0__00000___________
___________00_____0______00__________
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'll watch it later with the sound on as I can't be bothered to get up and get my earbuds but I hope you've hit up that QT in this video.

EDIT: You know, given that both of you dress like middle-aged affluent white people.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Mar 13, 2015,
Is the group in question religious? If so then they should practice what they preach and love/respect their neighbors, and attend the talk or whatever

But forcing "sensitivity training" in a school seems a bit dim, surely you'd just include it in the syllabus somewhere and educate the kids better?

And Pasta is right, you can't force people to change
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by chrismendiola
I'll watch it later with the sound on as I can't be bothered to get up and get my earbuds but I hope you've hit up that QT in this video.

EDIT: You know, given that both of you dress like middle-aged affluent white people.

was gonna say, erik just wants to bang amanda
I just accurately predicted every single past/future post in this thread.
Last edited by Rossenrot at Mar 13, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola

A guy makes one trip to Brooks Brothers and never hears the end of it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
A guy makes one trip to Brooks Brothers and never hears the end of it.

The fact that I had to look this up makes me hopeful that maybe I'm not as babylon as I think.

There's one several miles away in the area where the actual millionaires live (my area is half-millionaires who just happen to all be douchebags).

OT: I feel like it's destined that Erik marries some right-wing rich girl like Amanda now.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/

jfc it's like rich kids of instagram for old people.

I haven't even looked at the prices yet.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Mar 13, 2015,
I invited Hitler to my SS meeting and now apparently I'm in a "hate group". They're so intolerant of anyone who has a different opinion.
Check out my band Disturbed
@erik: not going to say this in the other thread (that thread is serious business unlike this shit lol )but that really did happen lol/ slippy the idiot.

based on this brooks brothers store I think some of the kids at that school really bought their clothes here. I know I saw a few $300 sweater vests there. ridiculous.

Quote by ErikLensherr
It's true but no shame in my game. I'll shop at Brooks Brothers a lot more when I have the means, they have nice stuff

will u have the confidence to hit up amanda then?
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Mar 14, 2015,
Quote by Rossenrot
I just accurately predicted every single past/future post in this thread.

oh man what a genius

call it what you want but given what i'm sure is their reason is reason (combined with thinking their freedom is under attack or whatever) it's obviously shitty and hate group seems fairly accurate if the reasons are what i imagine they are.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Forcing sensitivity training on people is not very sensitive.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by slipknot5678
@erik: not going to say this in the other thread (that thread is serious business unlike this shit lol )but that really did happen lol/ slippy the idiot.

based on this brooks brothers store I think some of the kids at that school really bought their clothes here. I know I saw a few $300 sweater vests there. ridiculous.

will u have the confidence to hit up amanda then?

I'm covering that Rick Santorum event they mentioned so if I see her and recognize her who knows.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'm covering that Rick Santorum event they mentioned so if I see her and recognize her who knows.

It looks like another trip to Brooks Brothers is in order. Wearing the same rich white stepdad outfit more than once is tacky.
Free Ali
Quote by Dreadnought
Sensitivity training is pretty awful

That's an insensitive thing to say.

I don't even care how obvious that joke was
Quote by StewieSwan
That's an insensitive thing to say.

Maybe if you're a person who creates and mandates sensitivity training.

I've undergone a large amount of them, and the collective impact has been to strengthen the already ignorant views of the people who undergo the training, because they, to some degree, feel uncomfortable and collectively make jokes or fun of the 'training', dismissing it entirely.

In every instance I've witnessed it, 'sensitivity training' in any form has been counter-productive.

My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Maybe if you're a person who creates and mandates sensitivity training.

I've undergone a large amount of them, and the collective impact has been to strengthen the already ignorant views of the people who undergo the training, because they, to some degree, feel uncomfortable and collectively make jokes or fun of the 'training', dismissing it entirely.

In every instance I've witnessed it, 'sensitivity training' in any form has been counter-productive.

I work at a school, so I have to do those things all the time and I completely agree with your analysis. Joking about how stupid it was becomes the water cooler talk of the office for a couple days.
Would this be something other than basically putting you in front of like a hour long conversation about it, explaining the topic as a whole, common misconceptions, why it matters and stuff like that? That's what my uni did for diversity in general and it was great. Can't imagine something much different being done or howit could possibly be opposed.

Either way, refusing is as childish as it gets
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I think your initial joke was so bad that I missed it
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
420 blaze it

This is the phrasing of a man who has been through LGBT sensitivity training.
#DTWD
i dont really see the big deal honestly. shouldn't be mandatory in the same way having to listen to a conservative or a christian preach shouldn't be mandatory.
Keep in mind this policy was put in place by the same student government that wants to petition the university to divest from all fossil fuels. Whatever that means lolol.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i dont really see the big deal honestly. shouldn't be mandatory in the same way having to listen to a conservative or a christian preach shouldn't be mandatory.

I think that is not a good analogy.
Mandatory LGBT sensitivity training is a thing because discrimination against that minority group is an actual thing. It exists because there is a problem.

Mandatory Christian sermons would serve no purpose when the country is run by Christians and many members of the LGBT community are Christian.

There are some reasons to think that it shouldn't be a requirement, but this analogy is not one of them. It's silly Fox News rhetoric
Quote by Weaponized
Mandatory LGBT sensitivity training is a thing because discrimination against that minority group is an actual thing. It exists because there is a problem.

Mandatory Christian sermons would serve no purpose when the country is run by Christians and many members of the LGBT community are Christian.

There are some reasons to think that it shouldn't be a requirement, but this analogy is not one of them. It's silly Fox News rhetoric

or maybe people shouldn't be forced by a mandatory requirement to listen to somebody preach? you are completely sidestepping my point of contention and strawmanning the fuck out of me.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Keep in mind this policy was put in place by the same student government that wants to petition the university to divest from all fossil fuels. Whatever that means lolol.

Less crazy than fighting conservatives
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
lmaoo "you are completely sidestepping my point of conention and strawmanning the **** out of me" should be the default response to anything on the internet.

I'm just saying the reasons for having this mandatory vary so greatly from your specific examples they are not analogous. It's false equivalence. Literally all I'm saying.

If you realize I 'sidestepped' your point then I am clearly not engaging you in an epic online battle of wits to the death over this.
Quote by Weaponized
lmaoo "you are completely sidestepping my point of conention and strawmanning the **** out of me" should be the default response to anything on the internet.

I'm just saying the reasons for having this mandatory vary so greatly from your specific examples they are not analogous. It's false equivalence. Literally all I'm saying.

If you realize I 'sidestepped' your point then I am clearly not engaging you in an epic online battle of wits to the death over this.

congratulations on contributing nothing in that case
Quote by Thrashtastic15
congratulations on contributing nothing in that case
Don't let me catch you doing it again

wait a second you asked me why I didn't like your analogy then I told you why then you acted like I was arguing and then told me I contributed nothing. What the FUCK man get your shit together.
Last edited by Weaponized at Mar 14, 2015,
Page 1 of 2