So this is my first pedal I've purchased and I need to know what all im going to need to buy as far as accessories. All the reviews I saw on it no one showed how to set it up.
Happy New Pedal Day! Don't sweat it, imo a looper should be your first pedal, you're gonna learn to play lead and improvise a hell of a lot faster than I did.

Anyways, you're gonna need 2 cables and a power supply (if the looper didn't come with its own. I highly suggest using the provided power supply, at all times, if that's the case. Loopers are sensitive machines with power supply). That's it! Using the cables go guitar>looper input>(1 cable)/looper out>amp(1cable). If your amp has an fx loop, you can plug it in there and loop a clean riff then turn up your gain and play dirty over a clean riff. You'll need 3 cables for that though, (fx send>looper in, looper out>fx return, guitar plugged into the front of the amp).

Down the road, if you add more pedals, any pedal before the looper is recorded on the looper, any pedal after will not be recorded on the looper, but will still affect the sound if engaged (depending on how you have things set up). When other pedals are involved, potential chain options increase exponentially and its up to you how you like it set up.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Mar 14, 2015,
Thanks man that's exactly why i got it, to help with improvising and maybe making songs. What kind of power supply would you recommend. Mine didn't come with one.
If I know Digitech (I don't know Digitech) it may require a specific Digitech power supply. It may not, but I can't answer that question confidently (I've ruined a looper with the power supply being the top suspect), I can't advise on that besides saying make damn sure. It may work fine off a One-Spot ( One-Spot=cheap, easily available, good, multi-pedal power supply), but I don't know. You have to match the "mA", "V" and polarity. If you have to, be patient, it'll be worth it. Hopefully someone with experience with that exact pedal will pop in in the next couple days.

Loopers are great though. It gives you a "jam buddy" that has the exact same skills as you. Only a looper doesn't get tired of playing the same 4 chords for an hour so that you can learn a scale and hone your chops at the same time. It's a very helpful gadget.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Power supply is included. Put it at the end of the chain. It should go into a clean amp. If you use distortion from the amp then it needs to go into the fx loop. If you don't have a loop and use the amp's distortion don't expect good results. My original Jamman is not happy with line level loops, but I expect they may have fixed that by now. If your amp has a -10/+4 sensitivity setting on the loop then try -10.
Last edited by fly135 at Mar 14, 2015,
it should come with a power supply. if it didn't (assuming you bought it new) contact the shop to get one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bought mine at a local music store for 50 in great condition but it didn't come with a power supply, I'll figure it out though.
What is your pedal's mA?
I have the solo, not the xt, but I bought used so I also didn't have supply. I was able to find the specs on digitech's website and bought one on ebay
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals