A grounding reminder
32 48%
A shitty cop-out excuse
34 52%
Voters: 66.
Page 1 of 2
No fence sitters
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
I think it's unhelpful. Yeah it could be worse I could've be born blind and deaf. That doesn't motivate me to solve my current problems.
cat
Quote by metal4eva_22
It's a default phrase to say when you don't actually care about the problem.

Yeah, but I suppose it could be worse
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by Andrea55
When people say their life is hard I say hey, it could be worse.

Then you break their legs to prove it
Quote by Bladez22
Then you break their legs to prove it

And even then it could be worse
STಠ_ಠ
dumb phrase.

only use it if you want people to hate you or if your name is apileofdeadcops and you're making excuses.
Quote by metal4eva_22
It could be worse.

more like it could be HORSE!

(sorry non-bronies won't get the joke)
Meaningless statement that provides a meaningless perspective.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it can be reassuring.
atm i'm kinda drudging through the final phase of course work for a master's degree that i might not even end up doing anything with, which can be pretty disheartening & make me feel like i am failing/wasting my time, but every know & then i think, well, at least i am not a HS drop out with embarrassing tattoos & a part-time job at Wendy's & a drug habit or something. my life is pretty ok.

i would not try to console anybody by telling them it could be worse. but it's important to remember, if only intermittently.
Grounding reminder.

It's only meaningful, however, when spoken from one person who has experienced worse to another person who has experienced worse, to provide a common reference frame for the both of them.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by neidnarb11890
at least i am not a HS drop out with embarrassing tattoos & a part-time job at Wendy's & a drug habit or something.

Things could be worse than being a HS drop out with embarrassing tattoos & a part-time job at Wendy's & a drug habit or something.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Things could be worse than being a HS drop out with embarrassing tattoos & a part-time job at Wendy's & a drug habit or something.

Yeah, like getting a masters degree.
Quote by metal4eva_22

The two things really aren't mutually exclusive.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Weaponized
more like it could be HORSE!

(sorry non-bronies won't get the joke)

I see two bronies someone explain this joke to me.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

not saying they couldn't be.
i will expand -- i am not reassured by the fact that people exist in worst situations than myself, i am reassured by the fact that i haven't squandered all the opportunities i've been given in life.
Quote by metal4eva_22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvv5sTqNa4
"it could be worse"
Quote by neidnarb11890
not saying they couldn't be.
i will expand -- i am not reassured by the fact that people exist in worst situations than myself, i am reassured by the fact that i haven't squandered all the opportunities i've been given in life.

That's what the university that you gave a shitton of money to wants you to think.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
That's what the university that you gave a shitton of money to wants you to think.

actually they are paying me.
Quote by neidnarb11890
actually they are paying me.

You cannot buy back the time you wasted.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You cannot buy back the time you wasted.

i could have wasted it on less productive things.
Quote by neidnarb11890
i could have wasted it on less productive things.

Like a master's degree?

Vicious circle of life bro.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
A shitty cop-out reminder. The reality for most always is that "it could be worse". And it's not hard to fall into defeatist thinking
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
well its annoying as fuck when someone else says it but that sort of thinking has been valuable for me. hard to get rattled by problems when you have experienced and gotten through significantly worse shit.
Quote by Dreadnought
Grounding reminder.

It's only meaningful, however, when spoken from one person who has experienced worse to another person who has experienced worse, to provide a common reference frame for the both of them.

it couldn't be worse
banned
I use it as a source of humour, mostly because if the you're actually in a position to use the phrase, humour is the cure-all for the blues.

'It could be worse, you could wake up one day and remember you're Gary Glitter.'

That sort of thing.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
both, shitty cop-out excuse when it's a really serious matter, grounding (maybe not grounding) reminder when it's said after something bad happened that had no major consequences. mood lightener when it's not serious and there are no consequences that can't be fixed.

only if you elaborated though
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
It can easily be an excuse and a reminder depending on the circumstances. I usually only say "could be worse" when I'm not really sure what else to say.
I have nothing important to say
Is it still funny to make jokes about Nevermore? If so, it could be worse. Nevermore could have broken up the week before my band was supposed to open for them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
They say "it could be worse", but what they mean is "I'm tired of your whining".

Anyone's
life could be worse. Does that mean that you have to find the single most unfortunate person so that only they can have the right to complain?
Last edited by sashki at Mar 14, 2015,
Quote by Fat Lard
Nothing could be worse than a StewieSwan thread

u still achin
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Page 1 of 2