Does anybody know if it's well made and has nice tone? I'm looking for something that looks old-school and is good for hard rock and classic rock. Thanks
I'm impressed that it seems to have a real Floyd and a proper SD pickup at that price... Would be nice to say that's just owing to the relative scarcity of features, but I can't vouch for build quality. All I can say is it doesn't have any immediately obvious weaknesses except perhaps in the versatility department.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
^ I'd strongly suspect it's the korean-made floyd, the FRT-x000, though. Still not a massive problem at the price (and should be swappable for the German-made one), but not quite as keen a bargain as if it had the German one.

I haven't tried it either so I dunno what the actual guitar is like.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have one.
It is indeed the Korean FRT 1000, stays intune perfectly.
Build quality was far superior to what I was expecting.
It has a slightly thicker neck than I thought.
Paint ect was flawless
JB has coil split on the volume knob.
I got mine in white.
I think I may have been confused about this... There's something listed as a "Kramer 84 Baretta" on Thomann and something called "The '84" on the Kramer website and I'm not at all certain whether they're equivalent, though in retrospect it seems improbable. A cursory examination doesn't throw up any spec differences, but regardless this page refers to an "Original Floyd Rose tremolo" in its Product Features section. There's an argument in the comments about whether it actually is. Ultimately, that's just what I can dig up and I've seldom seen Dave_Mc get something wrong, so I guess sketchy advertising on Gibson's part? Wouldn't be the first time. At the price, as I said, an OFR did indeed surprise me.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
It's exactaly the same as the original floyd rose in every aspect except it's made in Korea and not germany. Supposed to be same metals, specs ect.
The only way to tell is there's no made in Germany stap on the bottom of the base plate.
Last edited by evh5150vanhalen at Mar 14, 2015,
No, to be fair there are a bunch of differences. A trained (that's a pretty loose definition of "trained" in my case ) eye can tell them apart pretty easily even without the "Made in Germany "stamp.

http://dellus.net/updates/original-floyd-rose-german-vs-korean/

The '84 is the EVH-ish kramer, the baretta vintage is the baretta-style model. I'm guessing Thomann just got the name wrong- it seems to be calling the '84 the baretta '84 and has the name of the baretta vintage correct.

I get stuff wrong frequently, fwiw (though that's very nice of you to say ). But I'd be very sceptical that they'd be putting German OFRs on a guitar costing ~£400 when the OFR itself is worth about half that- especially when the guitar is made in the same place as the cheaper trem (so logistics will cost less as well). Though back in the earlier MusicYo days I think they were indeed putting German OFRs on the dearer Kramer models (but some of them were made in the USA too, and they were a bit dearer I think, at least adjusting for inflation).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 15, 2015,