This is my city, uncultivated since the lost era
of defying Satan. I am inanimate. I will live my final days
alone. I have written these words (somewhere) before. I am caught in
a sensation, not felt since daddy last came. Controlled chaos
or holy trinity: Now a father. Now a dystopia. What will be
our harbinger? “I am new here”, may that premise remain, unceremoniously,
blessed.
Last edited by Bleed Away at Mar 15, 2015,
I'm not sure what to think of this. i find the most satisfying part to be the interior lines - "I am inanimate. I will live my final days / alone. I have written these words (somewhere) before. I am caught in / a sensation." Those lines speak very directly and have a clear voice, whereas i feel the other material seems less focused. "of defying Satan" seems strange until the later mention of the holy trinity, and to a lesser extent 'unceremoniously blessed' at the end, but i have difficulty connecting why these motifs are present. Perhaps that is my fault, as i have not spent copious time with the piece. Still, i feel there is a lot of confusion in the material. "since daddy last came" seems strange, especially the word choice 'daddy' eliciting a more cutesy voice rather than the more bleak and stark presentation of earlier lines. "now a father, now a dystopia" might give context to the former line, and it is admittedly a nice parallel phrase, but 'daddy' seems an imperfect choice.

What i am trying to say is that i find this piece to be rather splintered and lacking unity, both in images and voice. i admit this could be my fault - as i said, i've only given a cursory reading. still, hopefully i've said something you can think about.

thanks for posting!