So i preordered a 6505 mini head to replace my crappy practice amps and insted of buying all new analog pedals, i was wondering if i could bypass the pods amp modeling and use it purely as a pedal board. My main worry is if the boost pedal models will actually gove a volume jump. Should i just invest in some analog pedals or will the pod work? Thanks in advance
I used to use my POD HD500 as a pedalboard for all FX loop stuff (reverb, delay, phaser, ect.) so yeah, you could do that. If you wanted to run a boost or OD you'd have to do the 4 cable method and put the 6505's preamp in the FX loop of the POD. Then put an OD model in front of the FX loop on the POD's signal chain. Though just a warning the POD's OD models aren't spectacular and you'd probably me happier with an actual OD like a Tube Screamer.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yes you can disable the amp modeling and use just the FX. Which POD do you have, I have the XT
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have the hd500. Can i run a tubescreamer in conjunction with the pod, using the pod to do modulation and delay?
Quote by eknumber9
I have the hd500. Can i run a tubescreamer in conjunction with the pod, using the pod to do modulation and delay?

Yes you can.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, you could. If you just want to do strictly delay and modulation you could just put the POD in the amp's FX loop.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yes. So in that case, again you'd have to do 4 cable method. The effects chain in the POD itself is going to be Wah>FX Loop>Delay>Modulation.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Oh right i forgot about the placement on the pod. Thanks guys. Very helpful
You can use a pod at first until you are able to get enough money for pedals (not necessarily analog for example I love the Boss DD-3 digital delay). Slowly, at your own pace, invest in good quality pedals and you would not be disappointed. You may not require a massive pedalboard, just as small as 3-5 may be enough for most players. You may need to avoid redundant effects int the process of improving the tone.
The M series of line 6 stuff is supposed to be more stomp box orientated and doesn't have an amp sim iirc, they may be worth a look?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special