I like the design of the SG but it has the 3 tuning peg design where you have to switch around,and it can be hard to remember to do that. so my question is Why doesnt Gibson SG and les Paul's have 6 inline tuners like the explorer or why doesn't a company make a version or "ripoff" of that design with it like Jackson did with the flying v to the king v?
Last edited by 123lazyg at Mar 15, 2015,
there is a les paul but its hard to find i think its a custom shop

please ignore my username
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Mar 15, 2015,
Lots of company's will make this for you carvin and agile come to mind as doing a semi custom shop les paul style.
Quote by 123lazyg
I like the design of the SG but it has the 3 tuning peg design where you have to switch around,and it can be hard to remember to do that. so my question is Why doesnt Gibson SG and les Paul's have 6 inline tuners like the explorer or why doesn't a company make a version or "ripoff" of that design with it like Jackson did with the flying v to the king v?

How?
Ive got two six in line and a 3x3, getting a 4x3 guitar soon. It really isnt hard at all.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by mhanbury2
Lots of company's will make this for you carvin and agile come to mind as doing a semi custom shop les paul style.

How much do you think it would cost to get that done
Dean six in a line Cadillac if you want the LP shape with that sort of headstock on a budget?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by 123lazyg
How much do you think it would cost to get that done

Agile will run $1000ish if they will even do it, and I have never seen that as a option on any order form.

You can get a Warmoth body and neck, but it will be a bolt on and cost close to $1000 for only a body and a neck (no hardware or electronics)

Best way is to contact them and see for yourself
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by 123lazyg
Huh, didn't know that, thanks. now if only they could do the same for the sg.

The SG is already notorious for being a neck-heavy design. Extending the peghead would just make it worse. And that would seem to be a dumb thing to do when the alternative is simply to remember to turn three tuners the other direction.
Quote by mhanbury2

Carvin has a pretty good selection of headstock designs, including several inline things.
They have a Les Paul body shape that's really nice. No SG shape.

Agile doesn't have an SG shape (or a different headstock) in their "custom" choices. They do have an LP shape but no inline headstocks, either.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Agile will run $1000ish if they will even do it, and I have never seen that as a option on any order form.

You can get a Warmoth body and neck, but it will be a bolt on and cost close to $1000 for only a body and a neck (no hardware or electronics)

Best way is to contact them and see for yourself

Yea the warmoth one looks pretty close to what I would want thanks
Um, you really don't even have to turn 3 of them the other direction, you can just wind them the same way...
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬