Messing around I played a cycle of a I IV vii V vi I vii V progression in Em. Now I have it stuck in my head. It reminds me of something, but a google search came up dry. Most i could find were four chord progressions. Is this ringing any bells for you?
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
If you are in Em, you messed up with the lower case and caps. Lower case = minor chord, caps = major chord. So could you write out your progression in basic chord names? Is it Em-Am-D-B-C-Em-D-B?

No, doesn't sound familiar. But it is kind of close to the basic "circle of fifths" progression - Em-Am-D-G-C-F#m7b5-B(sus4-B7).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Everything sounds familiar, there's only 48 triads and only 24 of them show up in popular music with any regularity.

Serious answer: see Maggara's post.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Quote by MaggaraMarine
If you are in Em, you messed up with the lower case and caps. Lower case = minor chord, caps = major chord. So could you write out your progression in basic chord names? Is it Em-Am-D-B-C-Em-D-B?

No, doesn't sound familiar. But it is kind of close to the basic "circle of fifths" progression - Em-Am-D-G-C-F#m7b5-B(sus4-B7).

Ah! I learned something new today. Wan't sure how to use the upper and lower case. Thanks!

You got the chords right. I use a lot of major 7ths though.

I figured out what it was reminding me of aswell. Hips don't lie by Shakira with a bit of Love on the Rocks.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!