My manager has asked me to teach just a few basic chords and what not for his daughter. I was just wondering if anyone knows any modern sort of songs that would be popular with a 12 year old girl to keep her interested and that is quite easy to learn?

Cheers.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Teach her to twerk.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Honestly, I would just teach the chords and then find a song she might know so you can put the chords in and show her what it sounds like in context.

Just whatever pop standard songs are out there. Be like "Hey these are a few chords, you might not think these chords are fun or whatever but look at how many songs use them" etc....

If she sticks with it and likes it, then you could consider teaching a bit more seriously.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by flexiblemile
don't sleep with her

this
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by flexiblemile
don't sleep with her

But keep in touch and on good terms with her father for when she turns 16.
Show her how to finger A Minor.

Jk don't do that
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Teach her the tonic alphabet. C, D, E, F, G, A, B. One at a time, correct her fingering if she struggles, and do some research on some songs by One Direction and the other members of Disney's orchestra.
I'm working with a kid right now the exact same age, and I am helping him learn "Hey Brother" by Avicii. I don't even know who the **** that is but it's a really simple melody. The original key is G minor, which is kind of a hard chord to play on guitar, but he has been playing for a while now so he can do it. You can take literally any simple pop song that is on the radio right now and teach them the chords, there are usually only 4-5 chords in these songs. If it is in a bad key for beginners, like F or Bb, then you could just transpose it to a new key so they can play all open chords.

Basically, do some research. Look up the top 40 charts now and ask them if they know any of those songs and then teach it to them.

Also, it will take them a while to be able to play the chords in time and play them like the song. Probably longer than you expect, so make sure you never get frustrated with them or let them get angry at themselves. Most kids like to play the melodies to songs too, and it is actually easier than the chords most of the time, so you might want to teach them both.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Mar 16, 2015,
Quote by stef123
My manager has asked me to teach just a few basic chords and what not for his daughter. I was just wondering if anyone knows any modern sort of songs that would be popular with a 12 year old girl to keep her interested and that is quite easy to learn?

Cheers.

This thread is going to go downhill very quickly; godspeed OP, godspeed.
Not modern, but House of the Rising sun has most common chords, picked up and down.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Ask her what song she likes.

If it's a pop song, it's probably easy to grab the chords and learn to play it. Teach her the chords that way through a song.

And maybe don't sleep with her.

Maybe.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by tukk04
This thread is going to go downhill very quickly; godspeed OP, godspeed.

I lol'd at work.