Page 1 of 4
Who's you're favorite songwriter, vocalist, guitarist, drummer, etc. in punk rock?
Mine are:
Greg Graffin, Fat Mike, Milo Auckerman, Bill Stevenson, and Jello Biafra
take out milo & bill and you've got yourself the lamest list of try-hards possible smh talk about buttpunk
Watching this documentary with Jim Lindberg in it and he puts Tabasco sauce on his dog's turd as punishment for the dog licking the turd. So my favorite figure in punk is Jim's dog.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by MinterMan22
take out milo & bill and you've got yourself the lamest list of try-hards possible smh talk about buttpunk

This.

Also,

Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein
Rozz Williams
Johnny Ramone
Nick Blinko
Rob Miller (The Baron)
Suzi Gardner
Cry yourself to ash
Last edited by Vampire_State at Mar 16, 2015,
Quote by zack.samford
Almost forgot: Jesse Michaels and Henry Rollins

So you're just getting into punk or
Cry yourself to ash
No, these are just my favorite punk rockers. I've grown up on punk my entire life (although that has only been 17 years). Plus, why does everybody always hate on fat mike? I know he's not a very talented musician, but he writes funny, catchy music. There's nothing bad about that is there?
Quote by zack.samford
he writes funny, catchy music. There's nothing bad about that is there?

lol no he doesnt
paul westerberg
bob stinston
bob mould
grant hart
ian mackaye
guy picciotto
milo aukerman
zac carper
tim armstrong
matt freeman
lars frederiksen
greg graffin
brett gurewitz
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by zack.samford
HR (Bad Brains)

Too bad they're all hella homophobic.

GG Allin is pretty much the ultimate punk figure. The rest all seem like posers or ****ing pricks (mostly Ian McKaye I have in mind there).

Henry Rollins is super cool as an aged rocker guy, not really as a punk.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
as far as punk "icons" go, i gotta go with Joey Ramone, b/c he is such a sweetheart.
but as far as punks whose ethos i most admire, gotta have much respect for brothers Watt, Hurley, & Boon (r.i.p.)
Quote by snipelfritz
GG Allin is pretty much the ultimate punk figure. The rest all seem like posers or ****ing pricks (mostly Ian McKaye I have in mind there).

Why do you figure that?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by snipelfritz

henry rollins seems like a total fucking asshole/poseur to me. idk how you could think ian is a prick but rollins is "super cool".
sid vicious
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Rollins a poser? How the hell do you get that?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by snipelfritz

lmao gg allin was actually a piece of shit though how are you gonna rag on anyone when you're hyping him?

and eh. a bunch of young black rastafarians breaking into what was then a 100% white atheist genre and all the bullshit they had to put up with on the reg as a result.. they were pretty much forced to give it back a few times just so people wouldn't treat them as some circus act. i'm not saying it's okay to be prejudiced towards other groups if you're in your own marginalized group but i'm not about to discredit them as homophobes for a couple of hostile incidents born out of mutual disrespect (esp. considering how they've ran with a peace & love message ever since)
watch some videos from over the years and see how much of a ****ing asshole fat mike is.

and he's not like an endearing "oh, you!" asshole. he's a "shut the **** up you whiny manchild" asshole.

all of Night Birds are my favorite figures in punk. and da Ergs.

and John Slover from For Science. crazy person. makes it rain singles on the crowd sometimes when they actually play(ed) shows.

Joe Steinhardt is a cool guy, too. Don G, mother****a!
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
>no one mentioned Chris Hannah

pit you disappoint me
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Joe Strummer
Paul Simonononon
Bob Mould
Greg Norton
Grant Hart
D. Boon
Mike Watt
George Hurley
George Hurley's Hair
Greg Sage
Lee Ving
Doyle
Gg Allin IS a piece of shit, finally something I agree on with minterman. I don't want to associate my music with guys who eat their own shit, openely let people rape their daughter, rape children, and **** animals. His music is terrible, and to me, music is the first priority of punk rock, not your attitude.
Quote by zack.samford
Gg Allin IS a piece of shit, finally something I agree on with minterman. I don't want to associate my music with guys who eat their own shit, openely let people rape their daughter, rape children, and **** animals. His music is terrible, and to me, music is the first priority of punk rock, not your attitude.

Yeah I forgot to mention that, GG Allin was human garbage, anyone that considers his actions "cool" or to be representative of punk is a complete moron. He was essentially the living embodyment of everything conservatives said about "the punk menace" back in the 80's; he was the worst possible thing to happen to punk ever, even worse than pop-punk.
Quote by snipelfritz

gg allin is hot garbage
glenn danzig was cool
ian mackaye was cool

i don't know much about these people. i'm not about that.
i don't know why i feel so dry
lol @ punk, where everyone is afraid to be a "poser"

Greg Graffin is my vote. Buddy has met him a few times, says good things
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by soundgarden1986
gg allin is hot garbage

Well yeah, but it's fascinating that someone could be such garbage.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by StewieSwan
GG Allin

This is a good answer. If there was ever someone who was a "real punk" it would be GG. Not even Joel Osteen could get his followers to beg him to piss and shit on them.
Page 1 of 4