I've been on these forums for a while, but honestly this hasn't come up (for me) before, so some guidance would be wonderful.

There are Promo/demos, events, concerts, etc. that some folks won't have heard of. And while some are obviously commercial ventures, some might be informative. For example, Tony McManus and Paul Reed Smith are going to show up at Wild West Guitars in Riverside, CA on the 9th of May at 4 pm. No advance reservations required, no RSVPs required; just show up. Now honestly the "event" is to show off a series of new Paul Reed Smith acoustic guitars, mostly pretty high end stuff, but the chance to hear Tony McManus play can be a bit rare, and the chance to talk to Paul Reed Smith hissownself is nearly so.

In any case, it's a commercial event, but hanging out at Wild West is sort of a treat all by itself (if you like a whole LOT of high-end Fender, Suhr, etc. guitars and a whole lot of NO 14-year-old too-much-gain practice sessions and if you've never been to the Voodoo Lounge sort of makes it worth it.

But I don't want to get banned for putting it up here, so if there's a better place for this (or no place for it at all) let me know. There are a lot more fun things to get banned for, after all...