This was a unique idea I had from a google search to modify this Hamer I wanted to do something special. This is a passive mod and it can be very easy to do. If you've capacitors in your tone pot before you're more than qualified. There is a more sophisticated version which is a culmination of things below to help others.

To describe the sound if you've played a Marshall with the contour knob this is what it does. I did a blog about this a little more comprehensively giving credit to those who helped out on my google search but this is the jist of it.

the easy way - just use an audio transformer with an inductance from 0.5H - 5H.They replace a tone pots capacitor. H stands for henries of course. Don't go with say 1.5MH (megahenries) because They are smaller.

Here's a list of some that will work.
42TL022 1.5K Ohms 0.56 Henry
42TL021 4K Ohms 1.5 Henry
42TL018 7K Ohms 2.6 Henry
42TL019 10K Ohms 3.75 Henry
Any of these inductors are at mousers website. They are 2$ each roughly and many shipping options internationally. However try local places as well the manufacture is Xicon.

the preparation work and the more sophisticated variant this are below. Just remember you are keeping the outer 2 leads on the "P" side. Cut the middle and the three on the other side. Ebay tayada2009 for the resistors and capacitors if anyone is after them. Everything is in UF and this mod can complement any schematic from strats to anything else that this basic schematic doesn't cover.

That's where the idea of 500mh to 5H inductors came from with Gary. The push pulls and all were from other blogs and sites. I mean hell it says it right in the first sentence from extensive googling. I just fused it all together and made it simple so people can just make it and try it without any extra time on a search engine.

But at the same time I figured I'd share it with other people on this site who don't know about it. All credit/citation is in my blog variant of it. I wanted this straight to the point for those interested. This site was where I first came across mid scooping as I googled it and came across some cool mods.
http://www.jpbourgeois.org/guitar/microsbis.htm

Only thing I've been trying to figure out is what significance the resistors and capacitors do with this. Say for example if you used a 3H audio transformer would I have to compensate the values of resistors and capacitors. If anyone knows feel free to chime in I'm still in the beginner portion of the RCL circuits.
Worth also noting that this is a passive sweepable (variable frequency) mids cut with a fixed amount. There's also the passive FIXED frequency mids cut with a variable amount (think standard "tone" control, which is nothing more than a passive fixed frequency treble cut with a variable amount). The L6S came with BOTH a treble rolloff and a mids rolloff pot.

The mids rolloff is useful for taming a mids-heavy pickup.

But sometimes you want MORE mids (for example, in a solo that you need to cut through a mix). At that point, the Chandler Tone-X (or a similar circuit) comes in handy. This is similar to the first circuit mentioned in this thread, except that it's ACTIVE (rather than passive), thus requiring a 9V battery, and produces (in this instance) about a 16 dB boost of the mids. It's also sweepable (variable frequency) to tailor the place that the mids boost takes place. The Chandler's also on a push-pull and very worth checking out.
oh right I remember you telling me about the Chandler tone-X when I first started posting on here. I've yet to check it out but the good news is I have a ton of stereo jacks laying around.

I was googling and learning more about inductors and all trying to figure out why on the torres variant of it they used the extra parts. I'm the kind of guy I want to know why say he didn't go with something higher or lower. Plus it helps me compensate. Like say if I got a 5H inductor and was curious if I'd have to go with higher valued components.
Take a look at the circuit choices for the original L6-S while you're at it.

One of the choices (of the six) is both pickups, parallel out of phase, with the neck pickup's bass response restricted through a series capacitor. From the wiki:

The capacitor in the #4 position gives a fuller tone than the otherwise very nasal out of phase tone. The capacitor serves to limit the low end response of the neck pickup, and also phase delays the signal from that pickup, resulting in a fuller tone, not too unlike the #2 and #4 switch positions on a Fender Stratocaster.

While you're restricting mids in the original post, note that you can also configure this to restrict bass.