People always upload 8-Bit covers to YouTube but rarely are they Metal covers.

Check out these NES-ified Death Metal (and other) tracks. Check out the other videos if you're into this type of thing. More uploads to come!

Bolt Thrower - When Cannons Fade

Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge

Asphyx - Last One on Earth

Pestilence - Land of Tears

Venom - Warhead

Obituary - Slowly We Rot

Death - Pull the Plug

Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave
Last edited by MilesJeffery at Mar 17, 2015,
Whats the point of a 4K video for a single image + 8 bit music
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by ctfod
Whats the point of a 4K video for a single image + 8 bit music
I know I could've just rendered in 480p but it's not really an issue uploading in a higher resolution. It doesn't take long to render these videos. 2-3 minutes maximum, depending on the length of the song. Some people just like to watch videos at their native monitor resolution.
The beginning of that Obituary one reminds me of Doom. A song in one of the levels sounds a lot like this.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
The beginning of that Obituary one reminds me of Doom. A song in one of the levels sounds a lot like this.
Wouldn't surprise me if Bobby Prince actually took inspiration from it. A lot of Doom songs are ripoffs from classic Metal compositions from the 80's/90's. To name a few, Mouth for War, Master of Puppets and Criminally Insane.
Quote by MilesJeffery
Wouldn't surprise me if Bobby Prince actually took inspiration from it. A lot of Doom songs are ripoffs from classic Metal compositions from the 80's/90's. To name a few, Mouth for War, Master of Puppets and Criminally Insane.

It was this levels song that kept popping up in my head, but now that I heard it again it wasn't as similar as I remembered after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffl2ShaWyGM

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
You should credit the people who made the tabs for you to do this. They put in all the hard work, all you do is run it through a program, upload it and take credit. Pisses me off when I see these silly 8-bit thingys onyoutube, which are blatantly from my tabs with no credit
Quote by sam b
You should credit the people who made the tabs for you to do this. They put in all the hard work, all you do is run it through a program, upload it and take credit. Pisses me off when I see these silly 8-bit thingys onyoutube, which are blatantly from my tabs with no credit
I totally forgot about that. I should have remembered to do that.

I've just updated the description of every video.
Quote by josonmj
You guys are really gonna love this.

There's just something about Metal that translates so well into 8-bit chiptune music...

I'll probably get around to uploading some Megadeth soon. Normally I start with the classics. Hangar 18 and Peace sells will be where I begin.
Quote by MilesJeffery
There's just something about Metal that translates so well into 8-bit chiptune music...

I'll probably get around to uploading some Megadeth soon. Normally I start with the classics. Hangar 18 and Peace sells will be where I begin.

Can't wait to hear them! ;D
Quote by MilesJeffery
I uploaded that on my channel :P

The rest of that album is on there, also.

Edit: Hangar 18 is live now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOMmvPl78Bk

That is waay to slow for hangar 18! unless you were going for that. but that's definitely quite a good clip under the regular tempo.

other than that, good work!
Quote by trashbeast
other than that, good work!

But there was no real work done. Here is the process:

1. Download GP file from UG or wherever
2. Open file in GP/TG and Export as MIDI
3. Load MIDI into DAW or standalone 8 bit program
4. If used in a DAW, assign 8 bit VSTi to tracks
5. Export audio file and upload

The process takes all of two or three minutes of clicking and 5-20 minutes of waiting for files to load/export/render. It's no different than downloading a picture and adding a quick filter or caption to it. It took more creative effort to write this post.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.