Hi, all

I got buzz and now I want to open it up but before I do it, I also has a question whether the buzz come from the wire problem or what.

Note: 2 of my tone is knob is dead and volume knob not working properly.
What?

Your question is pretty incoherent.
What amp?
what buzz?
what wire?

pic's would be great if you can post them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^haha!

do you mean Acoustic buzz or buzz when the guitar is plugged into an amp?

What type of guitar is it?
there's a ground wire that goes to the back guitar cavity.
if that wire becomes unattached to the guitar, then you'll get excess guitar buzzing when it's plugged in.

anyway, none of that matters if your knobs are not working, then it's most definitely that some wires/parts are loose.
so yes, pictures would help greatly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
OMG, I'm not electric expert. It buzzing when I'm not touching the string and when I do it actually lower the buzz. But if turn the tone up higher it will buzz more so I need to lower the tone on AMP.

The guitar is a Japan strat copy. The buzz is stronger when use it with Guitar rig 5 and less buzzing when plug it in to a real APM( My AMP is suck so I tried guitar rig and the problem appear)
relax, we needed to know the type of guitar and other info to help.

now that I know more info, I can confirm that the ground wire in the rear cavity is probably Not making contact and causing a noise until you touch the wires and ground them with your hand.
(if that's the wire you were talking about?)

there are also other "hidden" wires under the front pickguard, that also deal with grounding the guitar.

so check and if needed, re attach that wire, and then come back if you want to work on taking off the whole front guard to see the other wire issues.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 17, 2015,
Are you using a translator?

Have you modified the guitar in ANY way? (Did you cut any wires or change pickups) or did it just start randomly.

The most IMPORTANT question is what are you using as an interface? If you're plugging your guitar into the mic input of your computer and running that into Amplitube it will hiss, hum and sound like shit.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you touch the strings and the buzz gets quieter, it's a ground problem.

Sounds to me like you'll have to open it up and have a look inside. If you can solder, that should help. Volume and tone knobs not working sounds like more than just the main ground wire to the bridge.

Remove the strings. Remove all the screws at the perimeter of the pickguard. Pull pickguard off and flip it over. Take a picture. Post picture here and let's have a look. You can also loosen the strings until completely slack to remove the pickguard, but it works best if you remove them completely. Be careful when you pull the pickguard off, if the ground wire to the bridge is still connected you can break it. Not that hard to replace, but if it's not already broken, keep it that way if possible.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Last edited by Paleo Pete at Mar 17, 2015,
also, from the setup thread. this is nothing more than a temporary fix, but if you want to try to quiet the guitar when it's playing through a proper amp, then you can
try this. i did this for a guitar for 4 months once because
I was too lazy to take it apart again.

Stop Gounding Noise

quick way to get rid of unwanted buzz.
the kind that stops when you touch metal on the guitar.

if you dont have time to open the guitar to look for a loose ground wire,
alligator clip a wire to the bridge, and tuck the other end, with metal loop into your waistband to touch skin and stop hum while you play.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62