Can someone provide me the proper measurement heights for EACH of the six strings on an electric guitar? Due to my old electric guitar being closeted for a decade, the string height is messed up and needs adjustment. Guitar Center wants to charge me a lot of money to do it and I think I can do it myself if only I knew what the measurements are. When I google search, all I find is the proper measurement for the high and low E string, but they don't tell you the measurement heights for the A, D, G and B strings.

Can someone provide this information for me? I know each guitar is different and height is sort of subjective, but I need some sort of starting point so I know how much lower or higher one string should be compared to the others.

Thanks!
use the same measurements for the top 3 strings and the same for the bottom 3 strings. You can set them at any height you want to make them the optimal height for you, there is no set rule
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The reason people rarely give the information regarding the action of the inside strings is because it depends on the radius of the fretboard on the guitar. Different guitars use different fretboard radii, so the measurements for one guitar could be completely off from what you need. Measure the string height of the low and high E strings first, and base the heights of the other strings in relation to those strings, and the fretboard radius.

To measure the radius accurately, you need a set of radius gauges.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/guitar-radius-gauge

The gauge that matches the most closely to the fretboard radius is the one you use to determine the height of the inside strings.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 17, 2015,
Quote by Robbgnarly
use the same measurements for the top 3 strings and the same for the bottom 3 strings. You can set them at any height you want to make them the optimal height for you, there is no set rule

So, I won't affect the intonation by setting it any way I like?
Quote by GuitarDude85
So, I won't affect the intonation by setting it any way I like?

Adjusting the string height to any degree will always affect the intonation.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Adjusting the string height to any degree will always affect the intonation.

Just as I figured, which is why I asked for measurements.
Well, you know where to go to get those measurements based on the post I made earlier. I'll leave that to you.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Adjusting string height doe not affect intonation in a large way (typically) like the saddle length does. Just to be clear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 17, 2015,
I put a quarter at the 12th fret and set my strings a fraction of a centimeter above that.
Quote by GuitarDude85
Just as I figured, which is why I asked for measurements.

Horse first, then cart. Get the height where you want it, then intonate.