Page 1 of 4
Quote by deadsmileyface
just make it legal to shoot each other already smh

+1 works for the sith empire all the time
Sail upon the open skies
I'm cool with Texas testing it out for a while first.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I live in a rich suburb in Arizona that is 88% white or something like that and yeah the open carry thing is no stereotype. So many assholes running around with their guns (my dad always talks about walking around with a gun and stocking the house with tons of ammunition jfc thankfully he still has never actually done it). Generally from what I can tell it's just an excuse for entitled douchebags to act all threatening and shit. As the article suggested, it probably doesn't directly lead to a huge increase in crime (hence it being a 'non-event') but just the fact that everything is so readily available is definitely a huge problem, and letting anyone just run around with one openly just adds more concerns and promotes the negative aspects of 'gun culture' (inb4 not anyone can just buy a gun; in Arizona there are plenty of ways people get around federal law. here open carry is allowed for anyone who is 'not prohibited' too).

obligatory part where I tell that boring, minor story of when I was a kid in Texas and the substitute bus driver pulled her gun from her pocket (not pointing it at us, just showing it) and told me and my friend that we better shut up lol.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Has anyone taken a gun out of Heston's cold, dead hands yet? It's been 7 years. It'd be symbolic and shit.

You mean the guy who died of natural causes and probably never needed a gun in his lifetime?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
can you carry more than one gun at once? that would be pretty cool.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
pew pew pew
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by slipknot5678
I live in a rich suburb in Arizona that is 88% white or something like that and yeah the open carry thing is no stereotype. So many assholes running around with their guns (my dad always talks about walking around with a gun and stocking the house with tons of ammunition jfc thankfully he still has never actually done it). Generally from what I can tell it's just an excuse for entitled douchebags to act all threatening and shit. As the article suggested, it probably doesn't directly lead to a huge increase in crime (hence it being a 'non-event') but just the fact that everything is so readily available is definitely a huge problem, and letting anyone just run around with one openly just adds more concerns and promotes the negative aspects of 'gun culture' (inb4 not anyone can just buy a gun; in Arizona there are plenty of ways people get around federal law. here open carry is allowed for anyone who is 'not prohibited' too).

obligatory part where I tell that boring, minor story of when I was a kid in Texas and the substitute bus driver pulled her gun from her pocket (not pointing it at us, just showing it) and told me and my friend that we better shut up lol.

tear down babylon
approves open carry of handguns.

Shows a bunch of people with semi auto rifles. lol.
Open carry is already legal in a number of states.

Really nothing to see here.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by theguitarist
can you carry more than one gun at once? that would be pretty cool.

my constitutional rights have not been satisfied until I can legally carry an arsenal of automatic weapons and explosives lined in my trench coat and pant legs.
If your home was invaded and your family was in danger, would you be able to get to the gun in time and bring yourself to use it?
Quote by The Madcap
Guys, I'm gonna get real and ask a question I'd like some opinions too.

My wife is a normal, nice woman, but she grew up in the midwest around guns and stuff and knows how to use them. Her parents are gun people. She keeps a gun at our place locked up in a box for security reasons, and I hate that thing. I personally feel like we don't need it, I hate having it, and I don't want anything to do with it.

I'm biased because I just hate the idea of guns, but do you think having it is a good idea for protection (from, I dunno home invasion or some shit)?

Better to have it and not need it than the reverse.

Sounds like it's responsibly secured so where's the problem?

"Hating" an inanimate object is a waste of time.
Charles Darwin
Quote by MinterMan22
tear down babylon

don't care if that is sarcastic or not lololo

Quote by The Madcap
Fixed.

yes there are two kinds of white people in this world. actual white people (which can further be subdivided however you want to reflect the diversity of white people) and babylon white which is a very specific, very powerful group who are all carbon copies of each other with only slight variations. they make the world shit for everyone and need to **** off.

there's probably a babylon white person on my street right now stroking his/her pistol saying 'tear down babylon they'll have to come pry this from my cold dead hands I hope someone breaks into my mansion so I can shoot him and get away with it via stand my ground laws'.

this is my worst post on UG.

Quote by The Madcap

My wife is a normal, nice woman, but she grew up in the midwest around guns and stuff and knows how to use them. Her parents are gun people. She keeps a gun at our place locked up in a box for security reasons, and I hate that thing. I personally feel like we don't need it, I hate having it, and I don't want anything to do with it.

I'm biased because I just hate the idea of guns, but do you think having it is a good idea for protection (from, I dunno home invasion or some shit)?

Personally I would hate it too but I don't know if I'd fight it. As for home invasions you could argue it either way and I don't know if we really want to go into that right now.

didn't know you already got married congrats
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Mar 17, 2015,
Quote by The Madcap

Well, I live in an area where a firearm is a requirement to keep your lifestyle, I.e. a gun is better at keeping crows and other vermin away from crops and livestock, which is what the majority of people I live around make their living off of. I can see exactly why you'd hate having a gun there, but there are people who need them to survive.

TL;DR: where I live - gun ownership = livelihood survival
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
Well, I live in an area where a firearm is a requirement to keep your lifestyle, I.e. a gun is better at keeping crows and other vermin away from crops and livestock, which is what the majority of people I live around make their living off of. I can see exactly why you'd hate having a gun there, but there are people who need them to survive.

TL;DR: where I live - gun ownership = livelihood survival

Guns in this setting is way more understandable and I bet The Madcap would agree.

Most "anti-gun" people would agree.
Quote by The Madcap

It's whatev to me. I personally don't like guns but plenty of people keep them around here. Both of my parents live out of town a little ways. Both sides of my family hunt a lot. It's not my thing but doesn't bother me much. I was legit worried when my grandma starting keeping a gun in their RV though. She overreacts a lot and is crazy racist. Like I'm worried she's going to shoot any vaguely brown person that looks suspicious to her.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by The Madcap

No are you seriously going to be able to get it out of a locked box in time if someone was to break in to your house and are you honestly prepared to take someones life with it.
Why do people feel like they need handguns specifically? You can't hunt or shoot vermin with a handgun for shit. It's specifically for the ability to shoot one another.

EDIT: If you want home defense, get a 12 guage. Effective, cheap, simple to use, and you don't even have to be THAT accurate.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 17, 2015,
Quote by slipknot5678
Guns in this setting is way more understandable and I bet The Madcap would agree.
Yeah, to that I'd say "fair enough."
Quote by slipknot5678

Most "anti-gun" people would agree.

unfortunately there are also ****wits here too. most of those are meth addicts tho
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by BladeSlinger

yes please.

let them have fun living like it's a Western movie and half the morons will shoot each other.

i feel like there's an appropriate Vonnegut quote to respond to "hating the idea of guns" but i'm too lazy to look for it.

on the subject of guns, i don't particularly like them, but i don't have a problem with them. (if that makes sense.) i plan on owning a gun at some point because i used to love when i went to the shooting range when i was younger. maybe just a .22.

i'm wary of guns because i understand basic gun safety (common sense, really) and it irritates me to no end when people act like they're nothing at all. not sure if i'm being clear, but i'm not a fan of the current gun culture in the US.

also, Bill Burr had a great segment in his newest standup about guns. hmu if you saw it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by JustRooster
Why do people feel like they need handguns specifically? You can't hunt or shoot vermin with a handgun for shit. It's specifically for the ability to shoot one another.

That's kind how I feel about it. A lot of people seem like they love the idea of having a gun. Almost every really country person I know has a gun in their truck around here but they're the ones out in fields or at oil wells. We have a big problem with meth addicts basically looting shit in the country for anything they can sell and you never know when you'll show up when they're at it. My dad has almost stepped on more than a few poisonous snakes while checking wells and even ran in to a mountain lion once.

those people might have a pistol in their car but mostly keep rifles behind a seat. I don't think they can be loaded under the current law but people keep them for pretty real possibilities. My mom, step dad, and sister all have pistols because they just like shooting. A friend of mine has an old shotgun he keeps around for shooting snakes and for the off chance someone breaks in.

I really don't know many people who carry pistols and the few that do seems like they're itching to shoot a person. The pistols owners I know mostly have them for recreation or because they're just in to guns.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I can't decide if I'm jealous of people who live in the country and regularly have to shoot snakes and mountain lions, or if I'm really glad I'm not one of them.
Quote by BladeSlinger

Too late, 31 states already have open carry. Haven't really seen the problems opponents claim have we?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Too late, 31 states already have open carry. Haven't really seen the problems opponents claim have we?

It was a joke but thanks for being your usual pedantic self.

cue classic Arby shrug
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Arby911
Open carry is already legal in a number of states.

Really nothing to see here.
Beat me to it. It's not that big of a deal really.

Quote by JustRooster
Yeah but what about the odd bear or wolf that decides it wants to eat you? Yeah never thought about that did ya? But seriously, that's kinda the whole point if you're carrying one, is that they are for shooting people; hopefully in self-defense or not at all. The conspicuous presence of a weapon may have an effect at promoting the "not at all" part. It might not too, I really can't say for sure, but it doesn't appear that open carry (or most gun restrictions) have an impact on crime rates.
Quote by seanlang01

Yeah but what about the odd bear or wolf that decides it wants to eat you? Yeah never thought about that did ya? But seriously, that's kinda the whole point if you're carrying one, is that they are for shooting people; hopefully in self-defense or not at all. The conspicuous presence of a weapon may have an effect at promoting the "not at all" part. It might not too, I really can't say for sure, but it doesn't appear that open carry (or most gun restrictions) have an impact on crime rates.

I think that's my problem. The argument seems to always be that it will discourage violent crime but I don't think Oklahoma's crime rate has fallen at all since the open carry law passed. Granted, I don't have hard numbers for that. I'm not sure how much concealed carry even did but it's been around a lot longer I'm pretty sure. Seems like people got by just fine having guns in their homes or unloaded ones in their vehicles. That's just me though.

My mom and step had some tenants who started threatening them so she kept a pistol in her glove box. I don't think she had a concealed carry license at the time because I think another law covers vehicles.

I just feel like conceal and open carry go overboard having been around a ton of people who keep them in their vehicles and homes.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by slipknot5678
yes there are two kinds of white people in this world. actual white people (which can further be subdivided however you want to reflect the diversity of white people) and babylon white which is a very specific, very powerful group who are all carbon copies of each other with only slight variations. they make the world shit for everyone and need to **** off.

there's probably a babylon white person on my street right now stroking his/her pistol saying 'tear down babylon they'll have to come pry this from my cold dead hands I hope someone breaks into my mansion so I can shoot him and get away with it via stand my ground laws'.

yes there are two kinds of black people in this world. actual black people (which can further be subdivided however you want to reflect the diversity of black people) and niggers which is a very specific, very destructive group who are all carbon-colored copies of each other with only slight variations (they all look alike). they make my neighborhood shit for everyone and need to **** off.

there's probably a nigger on my street right now mugging his/her pistol saying 'tear down whitey they'll have to come pry this from cold dead hands I hope I break into someone's mansion so I can shoot him and get away with it via equal opportunity laws'.
Quote by seanlang01

I have lived in Northern Wisconsin for most of my life, and before that Alaska. I'm probably one of those guys you don't wanna pose ill-thought-out 'what if' questions to about bears and wolves. If you're in the kind of area where they're known to be and have posed a danger to people, you'd have much more than just a handgun. Also, a handgun wouldn't do shit against a brown bear, or more than 2 wolves.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Page 1 of 4