Page 1 of 2
How do I know if someone is really my friend and not just using me???
Start acting really pathetic and have nothing to offer and see if they still hang out with you.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Start acting really pathetic and have nothing to offer and see if they still hang out with you.

this works as I've stated before, last Friday or Saturday to be precise.

Quote by Pastafarian96
this works as I've stated before, last Friday or Saturday to be precise.

lol tame try 2012 get at me
They're only trying to gain strategic positioning.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
i think it's pretty obvious when someone is taking advantage of you. they're usually smooth talkers and always seem to get their way and do what they want. it's pretty transparent and gross when you see someone doing it.

if you are not sure if you're being used, you probably aren't being used... or are just very naive

Quote by institutions
invite him over to watch The Prestige with you
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
What do you have that someone else would want?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

If they don't dance, then they aren't no friends of yours.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by mystical_1
What do you have that someone else would want?

exactly
Quote by So-Cal
exactly

Quote by Pagan_Poetry

If they try eating you to absorb your energy, just give them a firm scolding. If they stop trying to eat you after that, best friends.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Drown them in a well. If they die, they were really your friends, but if they live, they weren't

No no no. If they die, they weren't his friends. And if they live, they are his friends, but they are also witches, so BURN THEM.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SGstriker
No no no. If they die, they weren't his friends. And if they live, they are his friends, but they are also witches, so BURN THEM.

But not if they float!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Quote by snipelfritz

This.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This.

TS probably has that covered already.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
TS probably has that covered already.

Cheap shot, dude.

But seriously, intuition is a great guide. If TS is even asking this question, they probably already are being taken advantage of in some way.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 18, 2015,
"It's no secret that a friend is someone who lets you help."
- U2, "The Fly"
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Thanks... but y'all know what helps and what doesn't. I've been a "misfit" since I was little... I'm a girl and I grew up around boys. I have 6 brothers and my closest friends have always been guys. I play football well enough that most of the time I'm quarterback in our football games, I'm easy to talk to, I'm simple, and in a way God has protected me from being hurt by girls by keeping them from wanting to be around me. But I've always longed for a close girl-friend that doesn't use me and who cares about me for who I am. I don't know what that looks like though :/
Quote by Masquirina
If they try eating you to absorb your energy, just give them a firm scolding. If they stop trying to eat you after that, best friends.

All I know is that if I was eating my best friend and she tried to scold me I would just keep on eating her.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by KTGBC
Thanks... but y'all know what helps and what doesn't. I've been a "misfit" since I was little... I'm a girl and I grew up around boys. I have 6 brothers and my closest friends have always been guys. I play football well enough that most of the time I'm quarterback in our football games, I'm easy to talk to, I'm simple, and in a way God has protected me from being hurt by girls by keeping them from wanting to be around me. But I've always longed for a close girl-friend that doesn't use me and who cares about me for who I am. I don't know what that looks like though :/

Its a shame He didn't protect you from boys though.

But seriously, make a commitment to meet a more diverse range of people. Knowing whether or not a person is using you is one thing. Actually finding a person who will stick with you no matter what happens is another. You'll know you're being used if you're perceptive enough, and knowing comes with experience, and in some cases common sense.
Quote by TheSennaj
Why do you say that??? Boys have always been good to me... I earned their respect and they earned mine, and they've never hurt me. With the exception of a few, girls have always hurt me... I don't regret ever having guy-friends because it kept me from getting hurt worse than I have before
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
If you and your friends don't look like this when you hang out

then they're not real friends.

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

^
Quote by KTGBC
Why do you say that??? Boys have always been good to me... I earned their respect and they earned mine, and they've never hurt me. With the exception of a few, girls have always hurt me... I don't regret ever having guy-friends because it kept me from getting hurt worse than I have before

Usually guys your age befriend girls in an attempt to date them. So it makes sense that you get special treatment from them. Too improbable that none of your guy friends don't have that motive.

It also makes sense that you're asking the question of how do you know if someone doesn't have an ulterior motive, because asking that question usually does mean you are being taken advantage of in some way. And how can you know otherwise if you don't know how to tell?
Quote by TheSennaj
Well, if anyone wants to court me... they have to get through all 6 of my brothers (most of which are VERY good shots) and my dad (also a VERY good shot), so any boy who is my friend has had to pass inspection from my brothers, and with the exception of one none of them have ever shown a sincere interest in me... I'm normally there to be their quarterback and keep them in their place Trust me, I trust guys far more than girls
i'm never sure who my friends are anymore.

i had someone who i thought was my best friend at the time **** me over and treat me like a piece of shit on a whim. i've had a hard time trusting anyone or being sure who my friends are ever since.

my anxiety doesn't help, either.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Page 1 of 2