Hey Guys, I have an ESP EC-1000 and and a Peavey 6505+ Combo Amp and I play cleans through a VOX Pathfinder 10 (I love the neck pickup position through the VOX, it's a thick creamy sound). I like to play heavy sounding riffs and like a fatter sound all around. I've recently been on a huge Stoner Metal kick listening to alot of High on Fire, The Sword, Orange Goblin etc...

I plan on getting a Gibson 70's Tribute just because of the price and quality will be perfect to go toe-to-toe with a stoner tone. But in the mean time I would love to grab a fuzz pedal... and I'm stuck between the Way Huge Swollen Pickle, and the Black Arts LSTR... Any thoughts? I want to get a thick, fat sound that crushes my bottom end but without losing tone.

Thanks for the help.
Quote by clickclickbooml
Not a fan, doesn't really have that tone I'm looking for.

No worries, just thought I'd throw another option at you

I have heard good things about the Blackout FX Musket fuzz.

The Swollen Pickle is nice, not to familiar with the other one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have a swollen pickle, very versatile, I use it for Sabbath. Basically I just suggest getting any muff variant with at least the addition of a mid control. Hoof, Colossus, Musket, LSTR, etc. Musket has the most control of any muff variant I've seen.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by clickclickbooml
Hey Guys, I have an ESP EC-1000 and and a Peavey 6505+ Combo Amp and I play cleans through a VOX Pathfinder 10 (I love the neck pickup position through the VOX, it's a thick creamy sound). I like to play heavy sounding riffs and like a fatter sound all around. I've recently been on a huge Stoner Metal kick listening to alot of High on Fire, The Sword, Orange Goblin etc...

What about Trouble? They are my favorite doom/stoner band. What is the best way to get that angel-crying tone, in your opinion?
The LSTR is a good chice, as is the Black Forest. And you might want to also look at the Sarcophagus, since that combines the LSTR and Pharaoh in one enclosure. It even has a switch to let you send the LSTR into the Pharaoh and vice versa, if you want.

Catwlinbread offers the Sabra Cadabra, which is worth a look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMFmkSo654&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nIjDLyUbY4&sns=em
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The Sarcophagus definitely spiked my interests... I just don't have that money to drop on a pedal at this time. But the Musket seems the best way to go in your opinions?
It is a good Fuzz, but not cheap ($195) either
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah, muskets used to be around 175-185, went up in price recently to 195. Used you can find them occasionally on Craigslist (saw one in my area at $120) and reverb.com (130-150, shipping varying).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
isn't the musket a muff clone w/ more knobs? The Pickle is IIRC.
if you like that sound why not look into the plain old big muff.

other things to look into are the Wilson Effects fuzz's :

There’s the STONED Grasshopper, which is a Fuzz, an OD and a clean Boost all in one.

http://www.wilsoneffects.com/StonedGrasshopper.html

The Dirty beaver is a triangle muff clone with toggles that ‘alter the gain structure of the pedal by switch 2 sets of
diodes in and out of the circuit’
http://www.wilsoneffects.com/DirtyBeaver.html

theres also a Ram’s Head version.
The meat grinder is muff based I believe
http://www.wilsoneffects.com/MeatGrinder.html
Threes the Uber Fubar, which is based on a Burns Buzzaround http://www.wilsoneffects.com/UberFubar.html

The VZEX fuzzulo, Fuzz factory and mastodon might be up you alley too.
I'll also mention Devi Ever. They have some wicked fuzzes.
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Last edited by boblittle at Mar 18, 2015,
I'll +1 a Mastotron. I have a friend into the sludge/stoner scene and he loves that one. I can just get those tones out of my Laney.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
i use an Akai DR3 fuzz for that Electric Wizard stoner doom sound. it has a muff style option as well as a vintge fuzz option (not a fuzz face forget what it's patterned after) you can combine the2 as well for total fuzz mayhem
I have never had any desire whatsoever for a new fuzz after getting my Earthquaker Hoof. It is absolutely monstrous. (Coincidentally, I also used to run it through a 6505's rhythm channel.)
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by NakedInTheRain
i agree, the hoof is goddamn amazing. only sold mine because it doesn't do the muff mid-scoop very well.

Can you scoop out more mids than the stock amount in a regular muff? I was considering one to reduce the space my Swollen pickle takes up.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Can you scoop out more mids than the stock amount in a regular muff? I was considering one to reduce the space my Swollen pickle takes up.

i don't think so, i think it just takes it back to stock scoop. which is still pretty scooped.

keep in mind the hoof sounds a lot different to a regular muff. if you want a more traditional and versatile muff, i can personally recommend the basic audio tri ram muff. really sweet sounding and has a powerful mid control in both directions - so you can acoop it more than muffs usually go.
Thanks for all the help guy's I think I've Narrowed my decision based on your feedback Going to look into the Pharoah
i would go musket or hoof.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/